General Fan Confessions

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
JAGzilla
Keizer

Re: General Fan Confessions

Post by JAGzilla »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:35 pm Orang-Pendek on the other hand? I believe in that. There's a lot of truth to it.
I've never really looked into Orang-Pendak at all. What makes it so much more likely? Most of Indonesia's large animals are out of space and declining, from what I know. There isn't much jungle left to hide in.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio
LSD Jellyfish

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:48 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:40 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 pm I believe in Bigfoot.
You're not alone. They're certainly more likely than, say, Mothman or the Puerto-Rican Chupacabra.
I think many of the ape-men cryptids are probably real, specifically Bigfoot and the Orang-Pendek.
If some relative of a creature like gigantopithecus survived into the modern era in an obscure corner of the earth it would totally be justifiable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

Bigfoot/similar ape men, to me are a lot more likely as actual living creatures rather than some of the other stuff.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.
Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:03 pm

I've never really looked into Orang-Pendak at all. What makes it so much more likely? Most of Indonesia's large animals are out of space and declining, from what I know. There isn't much jungle left to hide in.
Well it's not big for one. It's about the size of a chimpanzee. There's also a lot of hair samples that don't come from the normal orangutang, and there's still a fair share of outer jungles that it might make home in.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:40 pm
You're not alone. They're certainly more likely than, say, Mothman or the Puerto-Rican Chupacabra.
That's not saying much taking into account Mothman is straight up magical and the Chupacabras defies all biological conventions when it comes to it's "feeding habits"
JAGzilla wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:03 pm I've never really looked into Orang-Pendak at all. What makes it so much more likely? Most of Indonesia's large animals are out of space and declining, from what I know. There isn't much jungle left to hide in.
As others said, it's not really megafauna (unless you count a human as megafauna), apes ARE native to tropical regions, and the dense jungle of Indonesia is certainly much better hiding place than a backyard american forest.

If Orag Pendek exists, it's most likely a subspecies of orangutan or a new species of ape.

That's much more likely than a big bipedal ape hiding in one of the most developed places in the world
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home
JAGzilla
Keizer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Again, I haven't done my homework, but I would be inclined to disagree. The jungles are dense, yes, but small and rapidly getting smaller. Indonesia is densely populated too, after all. And any unknown species, barring the possibility that they're good swimmers, are trapped on smallish islands with limited space in which to avoid humans. A North American Bigfoot, by contrast, has the entire continent to work with, and vast areas of woods or swamps or mountains to disappear into.

I'll start looking into Orang-Pendak, though.
LSD Jellyfish

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 am ^ Again, I haven't done my homework, but I would be inclined to disagree. The jungles are dense, yes, but small and rapidly getting smaller. Indonesia is densely populated too, after all. And any unknown species, barring the possibility that they're good swimmers, are trapped on smallish islands with limited space in which to avoid humans. A North American Bigfoot, by contrast, has the entire continent to work with, and vast areas of woods or swamps or mountains to disappear into.

Perhaps this wistful hope for wild cryptids is a reflection and intentional deflection of the depressing truths about the environmental disasters that plague the planet.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.
Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.
Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 am ^ Again, I haven't done my homework, but I would be inclined to disagree. The jungles are dense, yes, but small and rapidly getting smaller. Indonesia is densely populated too, after all. And any unknown species, barring the possibility that they're good swimmers, are trapped on smallish islands with limited space in which to avoid humans. A North American Bigfoot, by contrast, has the entire continent to work with, and vast areas of woods or swamps or mountains to disappear into.

You're saying as if the forests in North America aren't getting smaller, too

Orangutans can use canoes and make nests, I wouldn't put it past them to be able to create drafts.

And no it doesn't. The forests of North America are way, way more used and visited and recorded that the ones in Southeast Asia.

Honestly dude, if you want to believe Big Foot is out there, no amount of arguments and logic I use will persuade you. So eh, do what you want
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home
Gigantis
Keizer

Post by Gigantis »

As a fan of pizza, i must say: Papa John's>>>>>>>>>> every other pizza place.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:44 am As a fan of pizza, i must say: Papa John's>>>>>>>>>> every other pizza place.
Personally, since I'm in NY, the local mom and pop shops always come first, then Pizza Hut, then Dominoes, then Little Caesars.
ImageImageImageImageImage "Let them fight"
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:44 am As a fan of pizza, i must say: Papa John's>>>>>>>>>> every other pizza place.
Personally, since I'm in NY, the local mom and pop shops always come first, then Pizza Hut, then Dominoes, then Little Caesars.
eabaker

Post by eabaker »

I like their cheese and I adore the garlic dip, but I find their pizza sauce way too sweet.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:57 am
This guy gets it.
Resized Image
To a new world of Gods and Monsters
goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?
eabaker

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:39 am
This guy gets it.
That's not really New York specific. Any city or town large enough to have both local pizzerias and chain pizzerias is likely going to have some local places that put the chains to shame.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

eabaker wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:45 am
This guy gets it.
That's not really New York specific. Any city or town large enough to have both local pizzerias and chain pizzerias is likely going to have some local places that put the chains to shame.
While somewhat true, places like Texas, Florida, and New Mexico have some of the worst dough for pizza pies, some spots even import their dough frozen directly from NY.

Whenever a friend comes by from out of state, and they try a local slice, they then try to go to their nearest pizza place, and they end up texting me about how it just isn't the same at all :lol: . Apparently it all comes down to the specific water supply in NY.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

The pizza and bagels in NY are of a special breed, and yes it is because of the water.
Resized Image
To a new world of Gods and Monsters
goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?
kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I always got to my local takeway, mostly because the big chains don't deliver to my area. My local has a good pizza that chicken tikka, spicy mince, pepperoni and mushrooms. Always order that, or chicken, pepperoni, mushrooms and prawns.
UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:14 am A North American Bigfoot, by contrast, has the entire continent to work with, and vast areas of woods or swamps or mountains to disappear into.
But you have to take into account the fact that an animal like a Bigfoot would be an anomaly in the vast majority of North American ecosystems, especially the ones in which large apex predators are present. I'm no master in biology/ecology/zoology but I can't imagine a Bigfoot population being able to not only stay hidden for thousands of years in what really isn't that unknown wilderness but also being able to coexist with bears, cougars, wolves, and other animals in said wilderness. It's not a case of something like a chimpanzee or gorilla where it exists on a continent with a wide assortment of ecosystems, it's pretty much straight temperate forest and mountains.

IMO, there's just too many factors surrounding the idea of such an animal existing in the continental US that it can only ever be nothing but hoaxes and folklore. Not trying to trounce on anyone's parade here or anything by the way, I'm viewing this as just a normal civil debate about such a creature's existence. And to me, the fact that it's been nearly a century since this creature first came into the public consciousness and we still don't have any definitive physical evidence (i.e. a body) just proves to me that it never existed at all. Fun to talk about, but still not real all the same.
_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:51 am
While somewhat true, places like Texas, Florida, and New Mexico have some of the worst dough for pizza pies, some spots even import their dough frozen directly from NY.
Yeah, speaking from experience after living there for a decade, I have never come across a single pizza joint in FL that has managed to be even slightly better than the chains. It was kinda sad since we would just only eat pizza very rarely but on the bright side FL has some amazing seafood selection so I think it balanced out.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

This guy gets it.
We have our own style of pizza here. Its what a majority of local pizza places in my area serve. The only place to get typical "commercial" pizza is from major chains.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
eabaker

Post by eabaker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:19 pm

This guy gets it.
We have our own style of pizza here. Its what a majority of local pizza places in my area serve. The only place to get typical "commercial" pizza is from major chains.
Yeah, I'm well aware of that. I haven't spent the last 41 years under a rock, for Christ's sake. It doesn't negate my statement in any sense.

Now, other people's statements about how terrible local pizzerias are in their specific regions? Those mitigate my point slightly (though I'd still assume that the overwhelming majority of metropolitan areas have local pizzerias superior to chains).
JAGzilla
Keizer

Post by JAGzilla »

I don't think the other North American predators would be all that big an issue. Our smaller, weaker ancestors appear to have managed pretty well against lions and everything the Pleistocene could throw at them, you know? The sheer size and strength of an adult Bigfoot would be a decent deterrent against wolves and cougars, and reports indicate that they can weaponize rocks and sticks, adding to their defensive capability. Large bears would be more of a threat, but they aren't all that predatory to begin with. It probably wouldn't be that difficult for a Bigfoot to simply avoid them.

And yes, I agree that this is more fun speculation than anything. Bigfoot's existence has a lot stacked against it.