Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Playmates: Godzilla/Kong

Post by Shenanigans »

Warbat and Kong with Jet are expected to start showing up stateside by the end of the month into early March.
KaijuMan80 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:21 pm Thanks for the pics!!!!! I ordered a Jakks Rodan today.

And thanks to everyone else who responded! You guys have helped a ton!
No problem! :D It's funny, I actually passed on that Rodan when it first came out, but ended up getting it much later on when it went on clearance; surprised at how much I ended up liking it! Only wish it had the burning wings painted on, but a solid release that blows Bandai's attempt out of the water.
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:56 pm Is that radio tower Godzilla? I thought he was blue!
Granted, that figure isn't available over here so I haven't seen it in person yet.
It is! Its a little odd that they can't keep the colors consistent. Their Kongs are either black or brown and the Godzillas are either blue/grey or black. Personally prefer the bluish-grey Godzillas myself.
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:52 am
Spoiler:
Anyone know anything about that one red-spined Godzilla?
Spoiler:
Nothing new has been revealed/leaked, but I'm not sure if it's coming out anymore. They called it "Mega Godzilla" and now they have this "Mega Godzilla" coming out alongside the same "Mega Kong" that the red Godzilla was shown off with. Could still see release down the line, but I think there's a good possibility that this new Godzilla replaced it.
DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Got the Playmates Kong with Axe today at Walmart. For 10 bucks he fits perfectly with my final collection and is a great figure with solid articulation. I'm excited get Warbat and
Spoiler:
Mechagodzilla
when they come out. I'm also stoke for Jet Jaguar. He looks surprisingly good compared to the rest of the Classics line.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

I should have the Playmates Jet Jaguar relatively soon and will be reviewing it for Toho Kingdom....obviously I will take some comparison pics with the old Bandai figures (except the new preimum I don't have), other than that, any requests you guys wanna see?
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Is that new Jet Jaguar going to be one of the cheapy plastic figures or a proper vinyl?
:gigan:
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Grunkle Sans wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:33 pm Is that new Jet Jaguar going to be one of the cheapy plastic figures or a proper vinyl?
Vinyl! I will be reviewing it here shortly, I've been told I'm getting it in the next few weeks.
Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:34 pm
Grunkle Sans wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:33 pm Is that new Jet Jaguar going to be one of the cheapy plastic figures or a proper vinyl?
Vinyl! I will be reviewing it here shortly, I've been told I'm getting it in the next few weeks.
Thank god! That's gonna be a great figure. I'm now subscribing to the theory that the cheapy plastic figures were to fill the gap left by GvK being delayed. Definitely going to have to pick him up!
:gigan:
Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:26 pm I should have the Playmates Jet Jaguar relatively soon and will be reviewing it for Toho Kingdom....obviously I will take some comparison pics with the old Bandai figures (except the new preimum I don't have), other than that, any requests you guys wanna see?
If you have it, maybe some companion pics with the Figuarts classic Ultraman? Very interested to see how this will come out.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

It seems like this Jet Jaguar may be an improvement on the Bandai one, just as the Bandai USA Mechagodzilla was.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Nathus214 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:45 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:26 pm I should have the Playmates Jet Jaguar relatively soon and will be reviewing it for Toho Kingdom....obviously I will take some comparison pics with the old Bandai figures (except the new preimum I don't have), other than that, any requests you guys wanna see?
If you have it, maybe some companion pics with the Figuarts classic Ultraman? Very interested to see how this will come out.
I have a couple older Ultraman figures, I don't think I have that one in particular, but I'll compare him to what I've got!
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm stoked for more of the plastic "action" figures. I snagged the Skullcrawler and King "lemme axe you sum real quick" Kong and I love 'em. Warbat looks tight and I'm very excited for
Spoiler:
Mecha-G
Makes me wonder if they're gonna do Behemoth, Rodan, Mothra, etc. in that style or if the only chance at more Monsterverse characters is in the not-bandai creation style.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.
GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

[quote="Major sssspielberg!"Makes me wonder if they're gonna do Behemoth, Rodan, Mothra, etc. in that style or if the only chance at more Monsterverse characters is in the not-bandai creation style.
[/quote]

I believe they said they had no plans to do any figures form the other Monsterverse movies at this time.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:56 am [quote="Major sssspielberg!"Makes me wonder if they're gonna do Behemoth, Rodan, Mothra, etc. in that style or if the only chance at more Monsterverse characters is in the not-bandai creation style.

I believe they said they had no plans to do any figures form the other Monsterverse movies at this time.
[/quote]

Aw man that’s disappointing:(
master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

seems like every toy company is giving the monsterverse the shaft
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction
gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

master_of_monsters wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:31 pm seems like every toy company is giving the monsterverse the shaft

How? We’ve gotten a ton of stuff and are getting more
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Not gonna lie, I'm hoping that they release that little Behemoth figure. I'd buy that, especially for $5. I went looking for a Skullcrawler, but my WalMart was empty. I saw some folks repainting it, and I thought that'd be a fun figure to do that with. Although, I haven't done it before.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

KingKaiju wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:27 pm Not gonna lie, I'm hoping that they release that little Behemoth figure. I'd buy that, especially for $5. I went looking for a Skullcrawler, but my WalMart was empty. I saw some folks repainting it, and I thought that'd be a fun figure to do that with. Although, I haven't done it before.
Completely agree; I love that tiny Behemoth. Not as much as some people on Ebay though - one sold for nearly $250.

Could be wrong, but I think they'll be restocking some of the figures from the first wave when the newer ones come out over the next few weeks. Hope so at least; wanted to get a second Skullcrawler myself to paint him as he appeared in Skull Island.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Shenanigans wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:48 pm
KingKaiju wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:27 pm Not gonna lie, I'm hoping that they release that little Behemoth figure. I'd buy that, especially for $5. I went looking for a Skullcrawler, but my WalMart was empty. I saw some folks repainting it, and I thought that'd be a fun figure to do that with. Although, I haven't done it before.
Completely agree; I love that tiny Behemoth. Not as much as some people on Ebay though - one sold for nearly $250.

Could be wrong, but I think they'll be restocking some of the figures from the first wave when the newer ones come out over the next few weeks. Hope so at least; wanted to get a second Skullcrawler myself to paint him as he appeared in Skull Island.
That'd be good! My local Wal Mart was damn near empty. I've never reapinted figures before, but it's something I'd like to get into. So a Skullcrawler would be a first start.
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Do we have a release date for the 6 inch kong with the jet and warbat and skullcrawler? My Walmart has been barren for a while now.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

KaijuMan80 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 am Do we have a release date for the 6 inch kong with the jet and warbat and skullcrawler? My Walmart has been barren for a while now.
The Kong w/ jet and the Warbat are already out in the UK. Probably a month or two here in the U.S.

The Skullcrawler is already here, I found it at my local WM.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary
KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:03 am
KaijuMan80 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 am Do we have a release date for the 6 inch kong with the jet and warbat and skullcrawler? My Walmart has been barren for a while now.
The Kong w/ jet and the Warbat are already out in the UK. Probably a month or two here in the U.S.

The Skullcrawler is already here, I found it at my local WM.
Well shoot my Walmart needs to get with the program lol.