NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

goji89 wrote:I plead the FIF on all questions.
FIF

Fucking
In a
Figure.

RIP Evan.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Got my poster version Mothra from Amazon this morning, thankfully in good shape. Looks pretty great on the shelf alongside Rodan; he looked a touch awkward as the only kaiju in my collection mounted on a stand, but Mothra keeping him company solves that.

I just have to get G89 and GMK now, and that'll be everything I want from this line.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I successfully managed to snag 89 & 03 at my local Target a couple of weeks ago; there was JUST ONE of each on the shelf. The 89's box was pretty badly damaged, but I wasn't in the mood to be picky (I did get it slightly discounted).
Without a doubt, these two are very cool. I was growing indifferent to the line a while ago, but NECA really upped their game with these last few figures. I can definitely say I'll miss the line now.

Today I went back and found a replacement 89 with a better box. They also had several bile and electric shock figures, along with multiple others from the line (inluding a few Mothras - both variants - and a Rodan). I'm trying to figure out if it would be practical to try picking these up for some other fans, or if the costs would make it worthless.
GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I’m still looking for the regular 1989 and 2003. I wish Target had a restock of the figures or at least put them on their site, since it seems the shipment with the repaints was maaaassive, but I have no care for those.

Did DeepDiscount(dot)com ever ship out their 2003 “special order”?
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

That's it I'll have to order online, I've given up on finding them at a store. I've been waiting for like a month and a half now

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu
LynnBob 1967
GPN Volunteer

Post by LynnBob 1967 »

How does the NECA '89 scale out with the SHMA Biolante?
PHIL 4:13
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:I’m still looking for the regular 1989 and 2003. I wish Target had a restock of the figures or at least put them on their site, since it seems the shipment with the repaints was maaaassive, but I have no care for those.

They still haven't shipped mine. I'm really losing patience cause I don't want to wait 3 months just to be hit with a out of stock BS. What would I do then?
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

GojiDude95 wrote:
GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:I’m still looking for the regular 1989 and 2003. I wish Target had a restock of the figures or at least put them on their site, since it seems the shipment with the repaints was maaaassive, but I have no care for those.

They still haven't shipped mine. I'm really losing patience cause I don't want to wait 3 months just to be hit with a out of stock BS. What would I do then?
Supposedly deep discount will cancel & refund in 45 days. I didnt wait and found 03 at Target. Saw on the other day in a NJ store.. Worst case buy it somewhere else. Have 2 and resell if it does come in. Probably not at this rate.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I would like to thank this thread for bringing the 2014 reissue to my attention; found one the other day and I must say, it's absolutely gorgeous. Their 2014 Godzilla is definitely one of their best releases - which is to be expected since it was created using the actual digital files from the film - but the paint was always lackluster. Especially when compared to my X-Plus G'14. Now the reissue probably has even more paint than the X-Plus!

Comparison between original & new -

By the way, a very small thing, but this is probably one of the only Godzilla 2014 products to bear the "Monsterverse" label, no? Just thought that was kind of neat, as most figures of this guy were made before the Monsterverse was even a thing.

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Shenanigans wrote:I would like to thank this thread for bringing the 2014 reissue to my attention; found one the other day and I must say, it's absolutely gorgeous. Their 2014 Godzilla is definitely one of their best releases - which is to be expected since it was created using the actual digital files from the film - but the paint was always lackluster. Especially when compared to my X-Plus G'14. Now the reissue probably has even more paint than the X-Plus!

Comparison between original & new -

By the way, a very small thing, but this is probably one of the only Godzilla 2014 products to bear the "Monsterverse" label, no? Just thought that was kind of neat, as most figures of this guy were made before the Monsterverse was even a thing.

Wow, put them in a dark room like that and the differences/paint apps are plain as day. Shame it looks a bit muddy in my usual lighting.
GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote: Supposedly deep discount will cancel & refund in 45 days. I didnt wait and found 03 at Target. Saw on the other day in a NJ store.. Worst case buy it somewhere else. Have 2 and resell if it does come in. Probably not at this rate.
Well that Fucking sucks. I was confident to wait on them after getting Biogoji but alas looks like I'll have to search again or deal with the aftermarket.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Got my BioGoji and one of the plates is only painted on one side. Still the eyes look pretty decent, though my box does have a couple tiny dings but nothing too noticeable.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

the 89 bio-goji has become my favorite Neca out of all of them. It's just the perfect size, weight, etc. And that tail... (heart) ... love the tail.
KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Man, I went to multiple stores last night and still no BioGoji. I'm thinking about just sucking it up and ordering this dude offline.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Wow, put them in a dark room like that and the differences/paint apps are plain as day. Shame it looks a bit muddy in my usual lighting.
Yeah, I probably should've mentioned that my pic there had the flash on bright enough to make the sun look weak. It almost looks over-painted in that pic actually; looks a little more subdued under natural lighting. Either way it's a noticeable improvement over the original.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Shenanigans wrote:
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Wow, put them in a dark room like that and the differences/paint apps are plain as day. Shame it looks a bit muddy in my usual lighting.
Yeah, I probably should've mentioned that my pic there had the flash on bright enough to make the sun look weak. It almost looks over-painted in that pic actually; looks a little more subdued under natural lighting. Either way it's a noticeable improvement over the original.
I think it might depend on which “original” you got. I was late to pick up a 2014 G on original release and got one of the later ones that had better paint apps. I saw the new boxed one at target last night and it didn’t look much different from the one I have at home. It was maybe a little flatter finish and *maybe* just a bit lighter brown on the belly. But when I got home I checked out my old one and, honestly, I’m not entirely sure if there’s any difference at all.
Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

canofhumdingers wrote:
Shenanigans wrote:
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:Wow, put them in a dark room like that and the differences/paint apps are plain as day. Shame it looks a bit muddy in my usual lighting.
I think it might depend on which “original” you got. I was late to pick up a 2014 G on original release and got one of the later ones that had better paint apps. I saw the new boxed one at target last night and it didn’t look much different from the one I have at home. It was maybe a little flatter finish and *maybe* just a bit lighter brown on the belly. But when I got home I checked out my old one and, honestly, I’m not entirely sure if there’s any difference at all.
I'll have to take some better pictures with my reissue '14 under some different lighting conditions. I took some earlier when I got it, but they all came out blurrier then I thought. Only halfway decent one is this comparison shot with the '14 and '19 looking like drunks, so make of this what you will.
goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

All you people whining about not finding the G89 figure.....

Why? You got the REAL Goji89 here....and I can come to your house just pay for shipping.
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

goji89 wrote:All you people whining about not finding the G89 figure.....

Why? You got the REAL Goji89 here....and I can come to your house just pay for shipping.
:| :shock:

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

goji89 wrote:All you people whining about not finding the G89 figure.....

Gonna buy it, gonna have it shipped to my house, and gonna keep it in the box forever!