Original Final Wars Godzilla desgin

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.

Would you have liked the early concept desgin to be used instead?

Yes. It looks way better then Ratzilla.
23%
No, they both look bad but Ratzilla less so.
77%

Total votes: 149

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Re: Original Final Wars Godzilla desgin

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Now if we could just get some Kiryu concept models.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Living Corpse wrote: Upturned spikes is one of the few things I actually liked about GINO, and I'd really like to see a Godzilla with them. Well, a Godzilla that acts like Godzilla.
It's all about how the spikes are done. In this case those spines but especially the spines in the concept art, which where different, work extremely well if carried right. In this case, the spikes are carried well on Godzilla's frame, but everything else dragged it down.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Definitely alot better than Ratface-Zilla.

WTF was the Director thinking to give Godzilla that face seriously.....

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GodzillaFan1992 wrote:Definitely alot better than Ratface-Zilla.

WTF was the Director thinking to give Godzilla that face seriously.....
Well, remember other parts of the world view rats a tad differently. They could have included rat like traits to fit the below:
Wikipedia: Rat Main Page : Asian cultures wrote:---qualities associated with rats, including creativity, intelligence, honesty, generosity, ambition, a quick temper and wastefulness.
As short and brief most of the Godzilla scenes where, he kinda of did express those qualities. Creativity as using Kumonga's own web against him, generosity at the end when he learned to forgive humanity and of course temper.

On the topic of faces, ugh. The concept Godzilla has one heck of a mug.

The Oxygen Destroyer
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Oxygen Destroyer »

It's interesting, though I wouldn't like Godzilla himself to look like that. But I wouldn't mind if something like that ended up as an enemy of Godzilla in a film however. I would've preferred that than Monster X as Godzilla's primary opponent in Final Wars. The Xillians could have cloned Godzilla somehow and it ends up like this. Perhaps it could have been dubbed "Godzilla X".

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I'm glad it wasn't in the final film.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I like "RatZilla's" design better, although I will say that it's a nice design. Neat, but not Godzilla.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Saansilt wrote:Smooth the head, put it on Finalgoji's body and viola.
Good suit!
Anyone else agree ?
I can agree on that. Then again I have a special preference to Godzilla's with no ears.

I do have a friend who uses Photoshop, I have contemplated asking him to work on it.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

Good suit!
Anyone else agree ?

LOL, this is what it has come to, "can you imagine if this Godzilla's head was on that Godzilla's body? Wowza!" XD

However, silliness aside, I agree that the unused concept's head would look better on Final Goji's body than the head they actually went with (maybe the claws too).

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Saansilt wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Good suit!
Anyone else agree ?
I can agree on that. Then again I have a special preference to Godzilla's with no ears.

I do have a friend who uses Photoshop, I have contemplated asking him to work on it.
It is possible. I'd like to see it.
I meant, working on the original FW Godzilla, not the head swap. Just clsrifying. :P

I asked him to remove the top 3 head spikes, and color the red chest the same as the rest of the body.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Lioconvoy
Samurai

Post by Lioconvoy »

Honestly, i don't think i could see that as Godzilla, looks to different to me.

Godzilla2004fan
Samurai

Post by Godzilla2004fan »

For what I read in the vote section, I believe you are not a real Godzilla fan. Calling Godzilla 2004 like Ratzilla is like an insult for me, and also, you put that, they both look bad!
"The King of Monsters That Appeared in 1954" is Godzilla!
My DeviantArt account: https://www.deviantart.com/sonic2006fan

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I like the leaner 04 design, allowing Kitagawa to pull off more stunts, I just wish it were in a better movie.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i'm not the bigfest fan of the 2004 desgin, it was just to slim for my taste.

BUT THIS.

THIS IS A INSULT TO ALL OF MANKIND.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Godzilla2004fan wrote:For what I read in the vote section, I believe you are not a real Godzilla fan. Calling Godzilla 2004 like Ratzilla is like an insult for me, and also, you put that, they both look bad!
I mean, the face profile does resemble a rat. Not trying to say it in a bad way, but - the resemblance is there.

OT of the original design concept.

Apparently Ts-Facto, a model kit company did a concept Godzilla at some point. Looks SO MUCH better then the other ones i've seen. Still not a fan of the chest, but the face, armored scales - it really hits it nice. Also a fan of the slightly different back spines, blood red eyes and blue skin tone. To be fair, I have trying to cheer for this Godzilla. Thing looks like an evil Godzilla or a rogue "Alpha Godzilla" that got hit with a fricken Tsar Bomba.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

That particular model won me over on the design after years of being on the fence about it, I won't lie.

A neat & interesting aspect about the design not shown in that picture is that part of his spine is popping out:

"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

Given some of the more recent Godzilla redesigns, I think this more radical, spiny & feral model could have worked. Its very vicious looking, and while Godzilla fought against the Xiliens and their monsters in Final Wars, he didn't do so for humanity's sake, but rather for his own and that of the earth, and because everyone kept getting in the way of his revenge on the Gotengo XD. So its not like the film was necessarily in need of an extra heroic looking Godzilla, though if necessary they could have toned this design down a little to make it less horrific in appearance. At the very least, I MUCH would have preferred this unused model's head and face over the one we got, FinalGoji's lower jaw annoys me, just looks so undersized and weak.
Last edited by KaijuDuke on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

latinothor
GPN Volunteer

Post by latinothor »

Godzilla Final Wars should have become this Godzilla when he became Keizer Godzilla (with unlimited power).

I really like this concept, except for the red on the chest. Also, I prefer the more classic spines of Godzilla Final Wars, but like the spikes on the concept art more than some overgrown spike designs we got in the early 2000's.

Final Goji turning into this Godzilla after receiving the Keizer power would have been amazing.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

That thing is certainly EXTREME enough to be in Final Wars but that wouldn't help anything. I'd say tone it down it and it'd work but then it'd just be Millennium Godzilla, you know? Like the Yuji Sakai Millennium or Kiryu design.

And those forward facing curved fins just remind me of 98.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

The design just screams "edgelord".
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.