Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Starsteam
Keizer

Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Post by Starsteam »

http://www.amazon.com/Sci-Fi-Creature-C ... mill+creek

For that price, and with 3 other awesome giant monster movies... I'm sold. Even if I already have the Icons of Toho set.

Starsteam
Keizer

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Post by Starsteam »

I'm more curious of what other Toho titles they borrowed from Sony. For all we know, they could be working on a Godzilla blu-ray set right now. They did swell with Daimajin.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Gawdziller wrote:Has Mill Creek ever done Blu-Ray? I'm trying to recall hearing of a set, but I'm coming up empty.

I'm not sure if Sony would let them have Godzilla titles when they could potentially cash in off of a new movie on the horizon though. I do know Mill Creek is releasing a set of Three Stooges movies in the near future, which they did obtain from Sony.

Mill Creek did the Gamera Trilogy and Daimajin Blu-ray sets.

Sony let them have the Batman serials, as I was saying in another thread. Who knows.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Interesting news, but I'm content with my Icons set.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

May just get this so I can get the giant claw and it came from beneath the sea

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

I don't have The Giant Claw yet, which looks hilarious, so I might bite if I have some extra cash lying around, but it's nothing I'll go out of my way for.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I already have the Icons set from Sony so I probably won't be getting this. As for the other titles, I'll just get them on other releases, either DVD or Blu-ray.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Will this show up at Walmart?

How much will it cost?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Why no Walmart, me saw Ultraman there from Mill Creek?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Yeah, I've been seeing an influx of kaiju related movies at Walmart though. Hope it pops it's ass over here that would be sweet.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I'll be purchasing this. I don't have the other movies in this set and I'd like to have them. It's been sometime since I've watched Mothra so this will be a good excuse to watch it. I'm just surprised Mill Creek even attempted this and that on top of it Sony approved it. Maybe MC can just get the RoM trilogy released on DVD and BRD.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Godsteigman
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godsteigman »

I have to pass on this because I have Icons of Toho and the Sam Katzmen DVD set and the Harryhausen films are on blu ray already. This is kind of an odd pairing. If it was a blu ray release I might consider it but it would depend on the Mothra film. Knowing Mill Creek will just be the US cut...

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

^Also the fact that it's a single disc. I wouldn't expect equal quality. Just a cheap fun monster pack.

As for Walmart, they usually do get special displays of new Mill Creek releases. Eventually they find their way into the $5 bin. So there is a chance that this will show up in Walmart.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I'm counting on it.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Mill Creek sent me info and product specs for this set. Everything is now on SciFi Japan...

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2014 ... -classics/

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

kpa wrote: Mill Creek sent me info and product specs for this set. Everything is now on SciFi Japan...

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2014 ... -classics/
I hope they'll release the RoM trilogy and Mothra on BRD, along with any/all of the Sony (Toho) Godzilla titles. That'd be nice for MC.

Releasing the Gamera and Daimajin trilogies on DVD would be nice too, because that might improve sales since BRDs, even at low prices, are probably more niche (in an already niche sub-genre).
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Only 52 tv shows, well, maybe Godzilla the Series has a chance.
But 900 movies is a nice little bit here, I feel like we'll should have some sort of Toho title again soon. ROM trilogy would be great.

Godsteigman
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godsteigman »

Yeah, but it's Mill Creek and some of their stuff leaves a lot to be desired. I wonder if they made revisit Mothra and release a blu ray of it later this year
I dont mind the double features but they are a budget company, and cramming four movies on a single disc with their quality doesnt digest very well :)
I guess we can hope for the best

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Godsteigman wrote:Yeah, but it's Mill Creek and some of their stuff leaves a lot to be desired. I wonder if they made revisit Mothra and release a blu ray of it later this year
I dont mind the double features but they are a budget company, and cramming four movies on a single disc with their quality doesnt digest very well :)
I guess we can hope for the best
Tell them about it, if enough interest is shown, they might do a solo blu-ray release for Mothra.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Gawdziller wrote:As for Walmart...probably not.
I don't see why not, I've seen their Gamera and Daimajin sets there (and at K-Mart).

As for the set itself: cool to see that Mill Creek is working with these movies! Maybe we'll see the rest of Harryhausen's films and Mothra on Blu-Ray? I wonder what else they have now?