Final Wars Question: Destoroyah?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: a question on final wars...

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Legion1979 wrote:Why? Why should it have significance? Simply because James Rolfe liked it? Who is he exactly, aside from being some guy on the internet with an opinion? So people really base their opinion on things based on what the Angry Video Game Nerd says?

That's sad.
James Rolfe reviews shitty games. That's why. :roll:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Legion1979 wrote:Just because he reviews shitty games doesn't mean he likes them. The man actually does have taste, regardless of whether or not he likes GFW.
I'm saying that he knows what makes movies and games shitty. He liked Godzilla: Final Wars because of its off-tempo action.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

You're still quite the crybaby, forcing your opinion on everyone, having our heads checked, whatever, your life is harder just because of this film, I mean, you hate it? THAT's sad.
I hate it with every cell and fiber of my being.
guys guys I think we can all agree

Final War> AMA and G98
All Monsters Attack is an INCREDIBLE film, and GFW is worse than G98 because G98 has one redeemable aspect.
FW was a bad movie, but its nowhere to be the worst movie ever and it does have a decent rating on RT. Recent crap like The AVP movies, I Know Who Kill Me, and The Spirit where far worst.
Rotten Tomatoes, big fucking whoop. That doesn't make it a good movie because it has a fair rating.
I'm saying that he knows what makes movies and games shitty. He liked Godzilla: Final Wars because of its off-tempo action.
You do realize the Angry Video Game Nerd is a character, right? It's like a video game Stephen Colbert.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote:Newsflash! James didn't review the Godzilla films as The Angry Video Game Nerd. He reviewed them as himself. His Cinemassacre movie reviews aren't part of his AVGN series. And my own opinion is that James basically has generally low standards for Godzilla movies. It doesn't seem to take much more than explosions and monster fights for him to like the movies. So obviously he's going to enjoy GFW.
I know that, I was just noting AVGN was a character due to the "knowing shitty games" part.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think everyone has their own rights to like or dislike. He enjoy FW since he got what he wanted which was a non-stop fun action flick. I never hated FW since I remember saying the movie was okay when I first saw it back in 2005, and though GvsSG was worst.
I remember i loved it but i guess the more and more you watch it you start to see the problems
"You're trespassing in my reality. Ask permission next time."

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

FW maynot be the best G-flim but I like it over other G-films.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:
You're still quite the crybaby, forcing your opinion on everyone, having our heads checked, whatever, your life is harder just because of this film, I mean, you hate it? THAT's sad.
I hate it with every cell and fiber of my being.
You're not one to be taken seriously. -_-
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

miguelnuva wrote:FW maynot be the best G-flim but I like it over other G-films.

I mean over some g-films not all.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Hey. Hey, JVM. They had a narrator. Also, the eyeholes are visible in every suit, so quit being a dumbass.
The narrator was a mistype, the 'with a narrator' bit was intended to be earlier. I don't notice the eyeholes on any suit besides GFW really.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

JVM wrote:You do realize the Angry Video Game Nerd is a character, right? It's like a video game Stephen Colbert.
HE'S REAL, OKAY?!! HE EXISTS LIKE SANTA CLAUS AND THE EASTER BUNNY! GODZILLA'S REAL TOO, AND HE DID RISE AFTER WWII TO ATTACK JAPAN! DEATHLA ATTACKED HUNGARY A MONTH AGO, SO HE EXISTS AS WELL!! ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE CLOSE-MINDED, AND CAN'T RESPECT MY BELIEFS!! :cry:
Legion1979 wrote:Newsflash! James didn't review the Godzilla films as The Angry Video Game Nerd. He reviewed them as himself. His Cinemassacre movie reviews aren't part of his AVGN series. And my own opinion is that James basically has generally low standards for Godzilla movies. It doesn't seem to take much more than explosions and monster fights for him to like the movies. So obviously he's going to enjoy GFW.
It doesn't matter, because he's reviewed movies with the same personality before. I also liked his take on Godzilla vs. Gigan, because he and I share the same opinion of it. Does this mean I hate people who love Godzilla vs. Gigan? No. Chris 55 is an awesome person, and it's his favorite Godzilla flick of all time. Anyways, defending FW was obviously my intent when I brought up James' opinion. There's no need to strip it apart like a suitcase potentially containing a bomb. :lol:
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

If MG was used in FW then would they use Kiryu again or make a whole new MechaGodzilla. I'm gald MG was not added in the movie as well since we have like five or six versions of MechaGodzilla. For example:

MechaGodzilla
MechaGodzilla 2
Heisei MechaGodzilla
Super MechaGodzilla
Kiryu
Kiryu version 2

I think tis easier to divide them into 'Kiryu, Mechagodzilla Heisei and Mechagodzilla Showa'. Sicne they were busy tossing Showa monsters left and right, I;d say that if MG was ever considered, Showa MG had the highest chance.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

How could you not notice it on the 1965 suit? And have you ever seen clear pictures of the 1955 suit? Yikes!
1965 suit didn't have much screentime and it's been a while since I've seen GvSM.

As for the 1955 suit? No. It's a little more lazy, but it was also made in 1955 on a rush with a crap budget. By 2004 we should be FAR past that.

Lionblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Lionblaze »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Seeing Showa MG getting a morden update would be pretty awesome to see since I have a feeling he would have look similar to this in FW:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/concept_art/gvsmg2/mg3.htm

I can see why MG was cut out since you already had two movies before with the MechaGodzilla character already.
I could had sworn that I had seen all the concept art, but wow that MG looks pretty cool.
Shadow Area Record
Wins: 17. Losses: 14.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

@ JVM

STOP BEING SO STUBBORN AND JUST BE A GODZILLA FAN!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

zilla103192 wrote:@ JVM

Being stubborn is part of being a Godzilla fan, lol

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

JVM wrote:

I have to agree with this
"You're trespassing in my reality. Ask permission next time."

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

DrKaiju1954 wrote:
JVM wrote:

I have to agree with this
Indeed. Godzilla is almost universally ridiculed in the mainstream. Remaining a fan takes tenacity, which is really just a nice way of saying that someone's a really stubborn bastard.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Tenacity is the will to continue even under scrutiny. Stubbornness is an unwillingness to quit even when you should.
Proud father, husband, and son.

Ultraman Omega
Monsterland Worker

Post by Ultraman Omega »

Tenacity? Stubbornness? So we Godzilla fans are all like Anguirus?

Hmmm...I like it!

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

KaneLocke wrote:Tenacity is the will to continue even under scrutiny. Stubbornness is an unwillingness to quit even when you should.
And guess how uber-fans appear trying to defend these movies to the mainstream.
Ultraman Omega wrote:Tenacity? Stubbornness? So we Godzilla fans are all like Anguirus?

Hmmm...I like it!
Dude, where am I... IS THAT A MAMMOTH?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon