Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2001/GMK)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Re: GMK Godzilla, Possibly the Most Powerful?

Post by MDK »

gojira012 wrote:Sorry most powerful would be Final wars Godzilla
You obviously don't know how powerful Meltdown Godzilla is. He'll destroy FW Godzilla.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

While I'll admit FW Godzilla was one of the most powerful Godzilla's, he isn't the most powerful. Godzilla 2001, 1975 Godzilla, 1993 Godzilla, 2002 Godzilla were all more powerful. MO.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:
While I'll admit FW Godzilla was one of the most powerful Godzilla's, he isn't the most powerful. Godzilla 2001, 1975 Godzilla, 1993 Godzilla, 2002 Godzilla were all more powerful. MO.
You're high.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

PopInPicsPresents wrote:You're high.
:freak:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2001/GMK)

Post by eabaker »

The entire style of GFW is so vastly exaggerated that one has to assume that any other version of Godzilla, if present in that movie, would have had equivalent destructive ability. That's not Godzilla at work, it's Kitamura.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Imagine what would happen if GMK Goji went meltdown. Almost all other kaiju will be inferiror in comparason. Even Armored Mothra would be destroyed by the king's might.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

TyrantGojira wrote:Imagine what would happen if GMK Goji went meltdown. Almost all other kaiju will be inferiror in comparason. Even Armored Mothra would be destroyed by the king's might.
Um okey.

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
That spirit bomb is not conventional weaponry or even on par with alien tech or power. This is the power of a god were talkin about. Also, only something like MG 74's all out assault would blow up a whole dock like that!
Um...The Spirit Bomb was not the power of a god. It was just a powerful attack. There was nothing godly about it.

Also, destroying a dock is not an indication of how powerful something is. Yes, the Spirit Bomb had a huge ass explosion, but that doesn't make it more powerful than MechaGodzilla's Plasma Grenade or Space Godzilla's Corona Beam.
Lol at one point it sounded like someone dragged DBZ into all this. X-D
Carthormerr wrote:Lol if that KG was a god, then the term is used cheaply. He wasn't a god, just a guardian. Like Baragon and Mothra.
Indeed, Guardian Monster =/= God
Nor does being possessed by angry souls if you ask me. It does open the door for well...yeah GMK Goji is very powerful but I wouldn't peg him as the Strongest Godzilla incarnation. Really, I don't know who I'd say is the "most powerful" since a majority of them are portrayed to be powerful in some way/shape/or form. I can say this one is at least one of the most menacing incarnations, but not powerful. Maybe Burning, but that's under my silly thought that his meltdown was described being able to "destroy the planet" but like I said, maybe. And that's only my opinion, not a viable fact or anything. :|
Godzilla 2000 wrote:FW Godzilla is a good example of the Strong As They Need To Be trope at work. :P
I feel that a lot of Godzillas if not just Godzilla in general, win or lose, cover this trope...if you ask me, in some ways, he IS this trope. :lol:
Then again, they do mention him in that trope...and not to be confused with the Godzilla Threshold trope.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Despite his belly, GMK Godzilla is my favorite Millenium Godzilla.
Yooo 8-)

Gooberzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Gooberzilla »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:Despite his belly, GMK Godzilla is my favorite Millenium Godzilla.
I agree...it's my fav of the Millennium Godzilla movies.
“The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around.” "Let them fight."

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I like that GMK Godzilla took the original Godzilla's sense of scale and power, and enhanced it tenfold. He just felt like a tank that would obliterate anything that was in his way (and he sure as hell delivered ;)). The same can be said for FinaroGoji as well.

#BotM

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Godzilla165 wrote:I like that GMK Godzilla took the original Godzilla's sense of scale and power, and enhanced it tenfold. He just felt like a tank that would obliterate anything that was in his way (and he sure as hell delivered ;)). The same can be said for FinaroGoji as well.
That's the same way I fell about FW Godzilla: an unstoppable force of animal and monster behind a batman mask.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GMK is my all time favorite Godzilla suit. Showing it with out his infamous jolly gut is strange and frightens me greatly. He looks better with his jolly time gut imo.

Addressing FinaroGoji which should be slapped out of this thread! Think of him as the Marvel version of Godzilla, base level strong but can pull stupidly powerful moves at a clench point and somehow perform stupidly high strength's and feat easily.

Seeing him with eyes on the other hand, makes him a lot scarier to me...*shutters*

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

While were on the topic of eyes on GMK. I gave him some good ol' Heisei eyes from the SHMA Box. Eh, I like him with small black dots better. So. with or without new eyes? I think the one VBZ did (the one above) actually looks better then the suit eyes.

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

I think the first one you posted looks a lot better. My god it just looks so...evil.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

holy crap the first one
Resized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The blank, white eyes are part of the suit's appeal, for me. It looks best like that.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Exactly, it makes the suit unique and if it had regular generic pupils, then GMK Godzilla would just be another Godzilla but with a gut. While the suit is my least favorite suit of the millennium era, that doesn't detract from it being a great suit.

#BotM

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

^well he is possessed by the ghosts of the dead so I think the creepy feel would fit perfectly.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

This is my favorite Godzilla design! Although, the only real problem I have are the feet. And no, I dont mean how big they are. I mean the fact that at the bottom of them they look like pads. I do like how they try to hide them through out the film though. Every thing else looks pretty damn realistic!
^This post in sexually offensive.