Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2001/GMK)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Crocodile
Gotengo Officer

Re: GMK Godzilla, Possibly the Most Powerful?

Post by Crocodile »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Yeah, but what's the goal? What are we aiming for here?

Discussion for the sake of discussion is not discussion; it's just a lot of noise.
It's an online forum, for monster movies.
How many goals can we have, before we just start chatting for the sake of chatting?

Let them have their fun
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla (2001/GMK) Discussion Thread

Post by TyrantGojira »

By far the best incarnation of the kaiju. I notice in the scene where Godzilla killed that crowd at point blank range that there were a lot of children in there, even a mother holding a baby. This version is by far the most relentless kaiju I'v ever saw.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Patrick Alan wrote:I have a question, in the scene where Mothra emerges from her cristles and flies to Tokyo and two women dressed in white stare at her, was it supposed to be a cameo for the twin faires? Did they play them like in on of the RoM movies or something?
I think that it was just actress cameos. I don't think that it had anything to do with the ROM films. I like GMK too much to think that it would give a nod to ROM. If anything ROM should have somehow gone forward in time and done a nod to GMK. God damn ROM was a terrible trilogy.

If only Shusuke Kaneko could have directed Final Wars, how awesome it could have been. I don't even hate final wars, but Kaneko surely would have made it sooooo much better.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

The only Millennium series film that I think is a great addition to the series. And Godzilla himself looked pretty impressive. I loved the frontal views of his face, where you catch all the brewing anger and hatred. I just got the constant feeling that shit was about to hit the fan. There's always a storm coming with this monster.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaSpawn wrote:The only Millennium series film that I think is a great addition to the series. And Godzilla himself looked pretty impressive. I loved the frontal views of his face, where you catch all the brewing anger and hatred. I just got the constant feeling that shit was about to hit the fan. There's always a storm coming with this monster.
In terms of presenting Godzilla as a character, displaying thought and emotion, this is one of the very best of the series.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

all i can say is that his radioactive ray really puts the "ATOMIC" in godzilla if you no what i mean
Resized Image

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:all i can say is that his radioactive ray really puts the "ATOMIC" in godzilla if you no what i mean
*know
And you should take legal action against whoever told you that joke was going to be humorous. Good day to you, sir.

And on topic, no, GMK is not the strongest. Burning Godzilla is definitely the most powerful. In addition, the monsters GMK goji fought were weak, as was said before.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Although gmk goji isn't the best ever because of his seeming lack of regenerative abilities, he can absorb energy much better than any monster I've ever seen. Watch the part when ghidorah starts blasting him, it's the only part of the movie that a monster uses an energy attack on godzilla and he just absorbs it amdiantly and look at his fins,'they turn yellow/goldish and he blow that mo fo up. In my opinion he has the strongest ray out of all da gojis but it does take a while to charge, which means you know it strong. I would also go as far to say that his super charge ray is stronger than the red spiral ray. Yes I know ghidorah was weaker in that movie but it still was a HUGE explosion, one that could have easily killed a normal monster.
Resized Image

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Post by heiseisaegusa »

As much as i love to watch GMK totally and completely rape the guardians. Meltdown godzilla in terms of sheer power had enough force to destroy the entire planet. No monster can compare to this.
Last edited by heiseisaegusa on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
84-95

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Post by heiseisaegusa »

Any heisei G could take him, judging by the way Godzilla 1991 threw and decapitated Ghidora ( a powerful foe compared to his GMK counterpart) with ease and the fact that he has a significant size advantage. GMK's power comes from his potrayal rather than actual feats.
84-95

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Once again, I'm amazed this got a revival.

Ah, the days of my youth before TK bitch-slapped some sense into me. >D

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

heiseisaegusa wrote:As much as i love to watch GMK totally and completely rape the guardians. Meltdown godzilla in terms of sheer power had enough force to destroy the entire planet. No monster can compare to this.
The fact that Godzilla wasn't exactly in control of that force however. Sure if he exploded or melted down without being frozen to some extent the world would have been destroyed but Godzilla couldn't just decide when to explode or meltdown it wasn't like his breath which he can control meltingdown wasn't exactly at his dissposal. Yes technicaly he could've destroyed the world but in actuality it wouldn't really be him destroying the world it'd be the effect of a circumstance of which he had absolutely no control. Burning Godzilla was tough as they come no doubt but him being able to willingly destroy the world remains to be seen.
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

Personally Id have to say Burning Goji. FW spiral ray was powerful, but it appeared (at least to me) that it was a one time deal. Otherwise i would have expected godzilla to turn around and blast the gotengo w/ it, and the movie would have ended much better. Burning Goji not only had the impressive spiral ray but he also had a nuclear pulse he could launch at opponents from a considerable distance. I also agree that GMK monsters where made of glass, i think goji's breath is somewhat overrated in that film because of the whole mushroom cloud scene. And the disintegration of the guardian monsters is somewhat pointless, I doubt it would have the same effect on a monster such as Destroyah.
TK's Resident Red Bamboo :destoroyah:

Ghidorahs3rdHead
Samurai

Post by Ghidorahs3rdHead »

heiseisaegusa wrote:As much as i love to watch GMK totally and completely rape the guardians. Meltdown godzilla in terms of sheer power had enough force to destroy the entire planet. No monster can compare to this.
This. Although he did struggle against Destroyah, his power was just immense.

CheetoKamper
G-Force Personnel

Post by CheetoKamper »

Ghidorahs3rdHead wrote:
This. Although he did struggle against Destroyah, his power was just immense.
Ok seriously could someone please explain to me how Burning Godzilla has the power to destroy the planet himself? Last I checked exploding and meltingdown weren't one of his abbilities he can't just self destruct at will. Yes if Godzilla did explode or meltdown without it being somehow contained he would've destroyed the planet sure but heres the thing Godzilla is basicly a walking nuke as is every single Godzilla before and after him. So by that logic EVERY Godzilla is capable of destroying the entire planet. :|
He musta thought it was a gun!
I liked Giant Condor and Gabara before it was cool to just sayin.
Shadow arena record (5-3)

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

...What?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

CheetoKamper wrote:Ok seriously could someone please explain to me how Burning Godzilla has the power to destroy the planet himself? Last I checked exploding and meltingdown weren't one of his abbilities he can't just self destruct at will. Yes if Godzilla did explode or meltdown without it being somehow contained he would've destroyed the planet sure but heres the thing Godzilla is basicly a walking nuke as is every single Godzilla before and after him. So by that logic EVERY Godzilla is capable of destroying the entire planet. :|
The movie pretty much explains everything. Godzilla is a living nuclear weapon, and his fission was out of control.
"A monster can live forever"

gojira012
Interpol Agent

Post by gojira012 »

Sorry most powerful would be Final wars Godzilla

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

gojira012 wrote:Sorry most powerful would be Final wars G-
No, just no more of this "FW Godzilla is so badass because he launched a Ghidorah reject into space!".
GMK is very strong, if they put him in another movie against stronger monsters, he might just prove to be the most powerful.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Discussion: Godzilla (2001/GMK)

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

IDK if this has been said yet but the music in GMK is amazing! I love the music. It fits the mystical tone of the film epicly!
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.