Whats your Favorite Rebirth of Mothra Film?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

What is your Favorite Film of the Rebirth of Mothra Series

Rebirth of Mothra
45%
Rebirth of Mothra 2
9%
Mothra 3: Invasion of King Ghidorah
46%

Total votes: 96

movieartman
Monarch Researcher

Whats your Favorite Rebirth of Mothra Film?

Post by movieartman »

Hi Guys What is your Favorite Rebirth of Mothra Film?

Mine is 3 dew too it having IMO the most badass version of Ghidorah ever, and the least annoying cast of the 3 films, that said i love 2 as Dagarah is one of my top 5 fav monsters

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Re: Whats your Favorite Rebirth of Mothra Film?

Post by Julia Bristow »

My favorite of all three ROM films? Rebirth of Mothra 1. IMO it is perhaps the most tolerable of the three, and for what it is it can be pretty enjoyable film to watch on a Saturday morning.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

They are all horrible, but I guess the first is slightly less so.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

'Favorite' isn't the first word I'd use for these films - but I'll go with the first one, because it seemed like a semi-decent movie to me, whereas the third only has Grand King Ghidorah going for it, and the second CANNOT be defended whatsoever, IMO.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

I don't like any of them, to be honest. If there was one that I had to sit through and watch it would be the first one.
As a kid I liked them, but as I grew older, I realized that it was merely Toho's attempt to challenge Shusuke Kaneko's Gamera films.

movieartman
Monarch Researcher

Post by movieartman »

Rody wrote:and the second CANNOT be defended whatsoever, IMO.
if i may ask what was wrong with Dagarah???

Titanomajin
Samurai

Post by Titanomajin »

movieartman wrote:
Right!? I especially like his theme music, its pretty good. ROM 2 is my favorite in all honesty. Aqua Mothra is one of my most favorite kaiju designs. I dont think this film is good by any means, nor do i think its better than the first. I just like it better.

movieartman
Monarch Researcher

Post by movieartman »

Titanomajin wrote:
movieartman wrote:
Right!? I especially like his theme music, its pretty good. ROM 2 is my favorite in all honesty. Aqua Mothra is one of my most favorite kaiju designs. I dont think this film is good by any means, nor do i think its better than the first. I just like it better.
agreed the films had a very good soundtrack, the 3rd film especialy, and even the fairys singing was enjoyable at least in the jap audio cut of the 3rd film

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

ROM 3 for me. ROM 1 as a close second.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The first one. The first battle against Death Ghidorah was decently cool; that guy was brutal, and you do feel for the Mothras as they try (and fail miserably) to fight him. Adult Mothra's death scene was also very well done, one of the most emotionally powerful scenes in the genre. The soundtrack was also very good.

The second... I don't know. With the debatable exception of Dagarah, there aren't exactly any redeeming qualities. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, though. Just go into it expecting and prepared for crap, and it's watchable enough.

The third I need to watch again. The only time I've seen it was at the end of a marathon; I'd just watched the previous two ROMs and was pretty well Mothra'd out by the time the third came on. So the fact that I found it really boring might not have been entirely its fault.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The first one, while not very memorable, is a decent enough kiddie flick.

The second is execrable.

The third is rpetty clunk,y but I admit I'm anough of a sucker for Grand King Ghidorah that I voted for this one, for completely shallow reasons. Pretentious as I can come off in discussing these movies, every once in awhile I just show up for the damned monsters, and that's how it was with RoM3.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Titanomajin wrote:
movieartman wrote:If I may ask what was wrong with Dagarah???
Right!? I especially like his theme music, its pretty good.
Everyone has different tastes; in my opinion Dagahra is the blandest, most unappealing Toho movie monster. There isn't anything about his design that really stands out to me: he's just a hulking dragon-ish mass with semi-jet wings.

I will concur that the soundtracks for all 3 films are at least decent.

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Eh, I only liked the first one.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Hey, how come there's no option to vote for Rebith of Mortha? That's the best of the lot!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
eabaker wrote:Hey, how come there's no option to vote for Rebith of Mortha? That's the best of the lot!

...Umm, there IS. It's the one at the top.

Glasses, maybe, amigo?
Rebith of Mortha
Rebirth of Mothra

Compare the two, and consider a pair of glasses yourself if you don't see the differences.

It was a callback joke to an old thread.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Easily the first, but that's not saying much.

I think the only reason Mothra 3 gets as much of a pass as it does is because people are so hypnotized by the Ghidorah design. It's still a terrible movie.
Or maybe they enjoy it for the same reasons many fans including yourself enjoy the terrible 70s movies. Dumb fun is dumb fun regardless if it comes from the 70s or the 90s.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

I only like desghidorah, as a monster, not the movie. but i dont like any of the movies.

Ookondru99
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ookondru99 »

First one. Second one was way too childish. Third one was better, but still less tolerable than the first. The opponents Mothra fights in these films were interesting, but the movies still sucked
TK's Resident Red Bamboo :destoroyah:

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:
Easily the first, but that's not saying much.

I think the only reason Mothra 3 gets as much of a pass as it does is because people are so hypnotized by the Ghidorah design. It's still a terrible movie.
Or maybe they enjoy it for the same reasons many fans including yourself enjoy the terrible 70s movies. Dumb fun is dumb fun regardless if it comes from the 70s or the 90s.
Yeah I agree with this.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

movieartman
Monarch Researcher

Post by movieartman »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:Haven't seen the third one, but RoMII is the worst Toho film ever made.
im all for opinions, but by the quality of the films music and Dagarah's Special effects (regardless if your like the character itself) alone make it a Hundreds times better then Godzillas Revenge. it also should get points, for the set design and the set of the lost city for the monsters to battle in and around, godzillas revenge didnt have even a fibre of originality to it on any level, other than the stupid ass idea to make it be all a dream.