Talkback: Godzilla Final Wars (2004)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Final Wars: The Positives

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

JVM wrote:
-I liked "Ratzilla." I don't know why, but I do.
Because, like I used to, you have bad taste.
-The monster battles, while short, were somewhat entertaining.
Watching paint dry or grass grow is far more entertaining.
-Seeing a bunch of Showa actors make brief comebacks.
Good for them.
-Redesigned monsters (though Hedorah did indeed look like ass).
Right, cause everyone loves four-legged Ghidorah and smushed-face armadillo Anguirus, right?
-That freaking spazzy Xilien controller.
Xilien Controller was a piece of shit with horrible acting. '65 Xilien controller kicks his ass.
-One of my favorite Mothra designs.
It's the very same suit from 2003 reused.
-Zilla getting owned. I don't care if it's "MAKING HIM CANON! OH NO3Z!!!1!1!" I still enjoyed watching him die. :twisted:
Well, if you don't care, I won't repeat it then. But people will ALL grow to regret that.
-Because of this movie, we now have 25 G films on official DVD as opposed to just 15.
That has nothing to do with the movie itself. That's just based on the 50th anniversary tag.
-It's probably action-packed enough to hook some of the little kids on Godzilla and grow the fanbase a little.
The last thing we need around here is MORE idiots
-I don't see why that's bad taste. The head is kinda skinny, but I like it overall. I'd say "It's an opinion" but that would restart a shitstorm neither of us want to repeat, I'm sure.
-Pure hyperbole. Seriously, you're just getting ridiculous. I can understand not liking them, but honestly man.
-Yes, it is.
-I wasn't aware of Ghidorah's third and fourth legs, and Angy didn't look great, but Hedorah was just terrible.
-Yes, true, but every time I see him I lol at the performance due to the cheese factor. '65 Controller is better though, I agree.
-I didn't see the white fuzzy shit, but I might just have not noticed it. Still one of my favorite designs.
-Yes.
-Well, maybe, but the shitstorm of publicity in Japan I can imagine happened almost certainly had some influence.
-I suppose you're right there. Still, they'd probably acquire more mature tastes and realize FW sucked, but whatever.
But in any case, this thread is about the positives, so what say we drop it. Again. Sound good?
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

-I don't see why that's bad taste. The head is kinda skinny, but I like it overall. I'd say "It's an opinion" but that would restart a shitstorm neither of us want to repeat, I'm sure.
Opinions are irrelevant, lol
-Pure hyperbole. Seriously, you're just getting ridiculous. I can understand not liking them, but honestly man.
Okay, grass grow was an exaggeration. But I would rather watch paint dry.
-I wasn't aware of Ghidorah's third and fourth legs, and Angy didn't look great, but Hedorah was just terrible.
Well yeah, but you acknowledged Hedorah, it would have been pointless to rag on about that. And yes, Ghidorah's got a second set of legs.
-Yes, true, but every time I see him I lol at the performance due to the cheese factor. '65 Controller is better though, I agree.
I don't think the performance is supposed to be cheesy.
-I didn't see the white fuzzy shit, but I might just have not noticed it. Still one of my favorite designs.
I loled at white fuzzy shit.
-Well, maybe, but the shitstorm of publicity in Japan I can imagine happened almost certainly had some influence.
Maybe, but I still feel the '50th Anniversay' tag was the important part, not the GFW part.
-I suppose you're right there. Still, they'd probably acquire more mature tastes and realize FW sucked, but whatever.
Hopefully.
But in any case, this thread is about the positives, so what say we drop it. Again. Sound good?
If you say so.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Some add ons.

- All the new DVD releases from Sony
- Godzilla vs. Zilla
- Seeing all the Showa Monsters that haven't been shown for awhile
- Godzilla suit (besides the face)
- The new Gigan design
- Most of the battles were short but fun
- FW Zilla
- Godzilla vs. Monster X
- Gigan vs. Mothra
- Some of the human fights were entertaining
- Don Frye as Cap. Gordan
Last edited by GodzillaDude on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Don Frye was cool in the movie as well.
I thought so too. He was the best human in the movie.
SA

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

atarkosaurusrex
Monarch Researcher

Post by atarkosaurusrex »

unlike most people, i like zilla, so i think it was good cause he got some attention.
zillas #1 fan!
"Raaaaaawwwwrrr!"-zilla
shadow arena record: wins 3, loses 3.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

FW Zilla was one of my favorite parts of the entire movie.
SA

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

atarkosaurusrex wrote:unlike most people, i like zilla, so i think it was good cause he got some attention.
I like Varan, doesn't make G:U worth a penny.

And frankly, if you like Zilla, you're going to want to get the hell off this forum - for your own good.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

JVM wrote:
atarkosaurusrex wrote:unlike most people, i like zilla, so i think it was good cause he got some attention.

And frankly, if you like Zilla, you're going to want to get the hell off this forum - for your own good.
It's called opinions JVM and people are allowed to have them and not backdown and leave.
SA

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

GodzillaDude wrote:
JVM wrote:

It's called opinions JVM and people are allowed to have them and not backdown and leave.
Who gives a fuck about opinions? This is about facts and it's a fact that Zilla is one of the most hated Toho monsters, no matter how damn much someone likes him.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

There is the option to ignore members people, don't pay attention to JVM.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Gigan X3 wrote:There is the option to ignore members people, don't pay attention to JVM.
I might just do that maybe.

Anyway like I said earlier Don Frye a.k.a. Captain Gordan was the best human character in Final Wars almost Philippe Roche who was the best and most badass character in his movie.
SA

Dynomy84
EDF Instructor

Post by Dynomy84 »

JVM wrote:

dude dont tell people to get off this site! your not a mod! you are basically telling him to go away from these forums! if you want to be giving himm advice then dont do a damn thing with the words "get outta here*. several other people also like Zilla anyways
Dynomy
If all else fails, eat pudding. Pudding never fails!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Dynomy84 wrote:
JVM wrote:

dude dont tell people to get off this site! your not a mod! you are basically telling him to go away from these forums! if you want to be giving himm advice then dont do a damn thing with the words "get outta here*. several other people also like Zilla anyways
I was saying it for his own fucking good so he doesn't get his ass chewed out for liking Zilla. My bad. I'll go back to being a douchebag 24/7 instead of trying to be nice every once in a while.

shark
Yojimbo

Post by shark »

JVM wrote: I was saying it for his own skreeonk good so he doesn't get his ass chewed out for liking Zilla. My bad. I'll go back to being a douchebag 24/7 instead of trying to be nice every once in a while.
You are the only person I've ever seen here chew out someone for any opinion.

The good:
-Good intro. I think so many shots were too brief to see what they were though.
-Special effects aren't ass!
-The kaiju move around a lot more then they usually do. And it felt fast paced, too.
-DON FRYE
-I did like the alien controller. He actually had some personality.
-Scientist chick. She was easy on the eyes.
Playstation Network ID: Shadowbhiemes

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I was saying it for his own skreeonk good so he doesn't get his ass chewed out for liking Zilla. My bad. I'll go back to being a douchebag 24/7 instead of trying to be nice every once in a while.
No one on this forum has criticized my liking for Zilla and believe me people know I do.
SA

Dynomy84
EDF Instructor

Post by Dynomy84 »

NSZ wrote:
Dynomy84 wrote:

Just ignore the guy, Dynomy. I did, and I feel better knowing that the only way I have to mandatorily see any of his posts is if somebody quotes him. And reading what he said just makes me shake my head in shame. Seriously dude, not cool.

BOT, FW has some positves, but they are few and far between.

- Manda's execution and appearance
- Kamacuras' execution
- The Controller
- Douglas Gordan
- Zilla (If only because it's actually attacking Sydney with the intent on destroying it)

And that's all I can name right now. Haven't watched FW in a while.
will do NSZ. he might have been helping but there is no need for telling people to leave. there are several Zilla fans here and there not even gone yet so yeah im going to ignore that ass
Dynomy

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:I was saying it for his own fucking good so he doesn't get his ass chewed out for liking Zilla. My bad. I'll go back to being a douchebag 24/7 instead of trying to be nice every once in a while.
So, someone doesn't agree with you and you start cutting your wrists? How smart.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Gigan X3 wrote:
JVM wrote:I was saying it for his own fucking good so he doesn't get his ass chewed out for liking Zilla. My bad. I'll go back to being a douchebag 24/7 instead of trying to be nice every once in a while.
So, someone doesn't agree with you and you start cutting your wrists? How smart.
I don't perform self-mutilation, unfortunately.
Just ignore the guy, Dynomy. I did, and I feel better knowing that the only way I have to mandatorily see any of his posts is if somebody quotes him. And reading what he said just makes me shake my head in shame. Seriously dude, not cool.
People who try to be cool are never cool.
-The kaiju move around a lot more then they usually do. And it felt fast paced, too.
-DON FRYE
- Horrible music.
- Are too.
- Fast pacing is bad critically.
- What about him?
- Alien Controller is overrated as fuck.
- Big friggin' whoop. You don't rate a movie over how attractive a chick is.
Then clearly you haven't been on this board very long.
- Kamacuras' execution
- The Controller
- Douglas Gordan
- Zilla (If only because it's actually attacking Sydney with the intent on destroying it)
- Wow, five seconds of the movie impressed YOU!
- See above.
- Controller's lame.
- Gordon's lame.
- You hate Sydney?
No one on this forum has criticized my liking for Zilla and believe me people know I do.
Nobody may have criticized you directly, but look around, there's still plenty of Zilla bashing.
will do NSZ. he might have been helping but there is no need for telling people to leave. there are several Zilla fans here and there not even gone yet so yeah im going to ignore that ass
At least someone realizes I was trying to help. And frankly, 90% of the people who come to this forum disappear within a year anyway. I've been here longer than a fair chunk of people.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

JVM wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
JVM wrote:I was saying it for his own skreeonk good so he doesn't get his ass chewed out for liking Zilla. My bad. I'll go back to being a douchebag 24/7 instead of trying to be nice every once in a while.
-DON FRYE
- Horrible music.
- Are too.
- What about him?
- Alien Controller is overrated as skreeonk.
- Kamacuras' execution
- The Controller
- Douglas Gordan
- See above.
- Controller's lame.
- Gordon's lame.
- You hate Sydney?
Nobody may have criticized you directly, but look around, there's still plenty of Zilla bashing.
At least someone realizes I was trying to help. And frankly, 90% of the people who come to this forum disappear within a year anyway. I've been here longer than a fair chunk of people.
You joined a month before I did and yet I still have over a 1000 more posts then you do. :freak:

Though I do admit there is a lot of Zilla bashing around here.
SA

Dynomy84
EDF Instructor

Post by Dynomy84 »

JVM wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
JVM wrote:I was saying it for his own skreeonk good so he doesn't get his ass chewed out for liking Zilla. My bad. I'll go back to being a douchebag 24/7 instead of trying to be nice every once in a while.
-DON FRYE
- Horrible music.
- Are too.
- What about him?
- Alien Controller is overrated as skreeonk.
- Kamacuras' execution
- The Controller
- Douglas Gordan
- See above.
- Controller's lame.
- Gordon's lame.
- You hate Sydney?
look i know you were trying to help. but there is no need for telling people to leave. anyways people have gotten to G grasper or higher and they have been here for years so you cant always expect that
Dynomy