Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:44 am Why'd they go snow white for the base of the wings instead of the neon blue in the promo pics?
I agree but she is still the best Mothra released.in my opinion.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Last edited by Gojira2K on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Freakin’ FANTASTIC!

That neck…*chef’s kiss*

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

That's awesome

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Can't say I'm in a place where I need the atomic variant (which probably means I'll never get it, given that it's basically pre-order or get fucked) but MAN I am hyped to see the burning variant
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

Guess I'm swapping out my SHMAs for these Hiya figs. They look great so far.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Fermix wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:41 am Can't say I'm in a place where I need the atomic variant (which probably means I'll never get it, given that it's basically pre-order or get fucked) but MAN I am hyped to see the burning variant
Hell, I wasn't on board for the atomic breath, but now I'm all in. Ditto for the burning variant.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

SHMA in the mud

At this rate, Hiya will roll out the other titans (LIKE BEHEMOTH).

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Hope Bandai is paying attention lol. They gotta step it up now!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Unless Bandai suddenly cuts their prices by 40%, Hiya's still going to beat them. It's both the quality and the affordability of their figures that makes this line such a powerhouse.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Rody wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:47 am Unless Bandai suddenly cuts their prices by 40%, Hiya's still going to beat them. It's both the quality and the affordability of their figures that makes this line such a powerhouse.
They still have the articulation engineering going for them. Is it enough to beat Hiya’s offerings? Not quite. But it’s something. If they improve the quality then I can see SHMA better competing with them, but time will tell.

That and currently Hiya only has MV figures while SHMA branches out to all kinds of eras and series.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Hopefully it will get Bandai to up their QC, a guy can dream I guess
He Jock it Made of Steel

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

CyberZilla wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:07 am They still have the articulation engineering going for them. Is it enough to beat Hiya’s offerings? Not quite. But it’s something. If they improve the quality then I can see SHMA better competing with them, but time will tell.
Jetty_Jags wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:30 pm Hopefully it will get Bandai to up their QC, a guy can dream I guess
Is Hiya's output and scale as a company really enough to produce a profit cut that could prompt a change in quality though? A decade of releases inconsistent in quality makes me think that it would take something huge either internally or externally to incentivize noticeable improvement.

Kinda funny how we can't have an articulated action figure thread without bringing up SHMA lol.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Heat Ray Godzilla up on BBTS for $49.99: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... 237097?o=1
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I really like NECA's atomic Godzilla for going ham with the blue paint, but the beam is better on this one and looks more accurate to the film.

Ultimately, I think I'll pass for now; I kind of feel like this one won't be as popular as the previous releases and will probably stick around for a while longer, so at least I may have time to change my mind.

JTGoji
Ronin

Post by JTGoji »

Too bad Hiya Toys Mothra is sold out everywhere online

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Not sure if this was already known, but I was looking at the pictures on Hiya's site and noticed that the neck isn't actually articulated, but rather a separate piece.

Its also noted in the description:
Stands at 7 inches, based on【Godzilla vs. Kong】 (2021). Features accurate details to faithfully capture its on-screen appearance, including an articulated tail for posing and display in collections. By replacing the neck and head parts can perfectly reproduce the scene of Godzilla's attack with heat ray.
https://www.hiyatoys.com/collections/mo ... ion-figure

Honestly, probably for the best, as it'll allow it to hold the pose without straining the joints.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Interesting. It doesn’t look bad, either. The seam is noticeable but not more than other joint seams would be. Honestly, I’m ok with skipping this one even tho the effect part looks nice and the paint seems like it’ll be good, since I’m already getting the 2019 one and I’m on a budget.

Resized Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Looks like BBTS got Rodan in. Figures, given that I just had Kong shipped out last week, but I needed to get something as a gift for someone so I didn't have a choice. But I'll probably end up shipping Rodan ASAP just to make sure my copy will have decent paint.

Speaking of Kong, I received it the other day. He's great! Somehow he looks better in-hand than I was expecting; I guess the pictures and videos don't fully capture his bulk, he looks more accurate to the film than I thought. I have very few complaints, though the arm/shoulder articulation is definitely pretty limited. Though I almost feel like his head articulation is a tad better than the SHMA. But overall, very impressed with my first Hiya Monsterverse figure; I agree with Poe Ghostal in that he's more fun to play with than the SHMA, despite having less articulation, simply because he doesn't feel fragile. Pretty rad figure, might share a couple pics later.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

So since the godzilla, kong, and now rodan are out and they are a little bit bigger than the monster arts counterpart. Will ghidorah be bigger than the monster arts or around the same size
Last edited by Godzillaninja2019 on Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.