DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by Gojira1604 »

Should the next Superman be more alien-like than ever before? With small different features like, unusual colored eyes, pointed ears, webbed hands and three pecs? Maybe shapeshifting.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:23 am I almost feel as if they should let Snyder or someone finish off his DC universe with one or two movies. Bringing in Darkseid probably and giving a final appearance to Cavil Superman, Batfleck, Mamoa Aquaman, Shazam, Gadot WW, etc. Maybe even alternatively crossover with James Gunn's universe at some point down the line.
I feel like The Flash will bring an end to the old DCU and clear path for the new movies under Gunn.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:56 pm Should the next Superman be more alien-like than ever before? With small different features like, unusual colored eyes, pointed ears, webbed hands and three pecs? Maybe shapeshifting.
Ehhh, I’d rather not, only because we need a really solid Superman to start with that’s more classic in feeling. Maybe after that we can try more alien kinds as an Elseworld type story.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Who would you like to see as the antagonist for James Gunn's Superman movie? I think Zodd, Luthor (at least main antagonist) and Doomsday need a break. I think mxyisptlic (spelling?) is too bizarre for a first movie or a young Superman movie. Brainic needs build up imo.

I'm thinking Metalo, Lobo, or parasite could be good young Superman story villains. Lobo allows lore building and the other two could provide a challenge to Superman in a way that requires him to be more creative while still allowing good fight scenes.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Something tells me because Gunn is so keen on playing the role of Mr. Biggest Classic Superman Fan on all his social media, he’s going to go incredibly generic for his film. He’s going to only take inspiration from the feel good stuff and take little to no risk in the characterization of Clark. If he does he’s a hypocrite.

The antagonist will either be a really heavy cat in a tree with a collar of Kryptonite, Lex, or Brainiac.

But because this is Gunn we’re talking about, potential villains could range from Snowflame, TDK, Condiment King, Mxzylptlk, to Egghead, Funky Flashman or somewhere in between.

Added in 4 minutes 47 seconds:
Now if he wants to surprise me, he’ll go with Brainiac, show us the destruction of Krypton due to his war, the abduction of Kandor, with a Kingdom Come Earth setting. He’ll show us a Kal-El who isn’t afraid to do what he did to Manchester Black and his crew.

As a matter of fact make the antagonist Manchester Black, that whole story was a banger.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I know it will never happen, but if they could adapt the Superman Smashes the Klan OGN I'd be extremely interested. Best Superman story this century imo.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Vakanai wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 pm I know it will never happen, but if they could adapt the Superman Smashes the Klan OGN I'd be extremely interested. Best Superman story this century imo.
He'd be smart to add this at least as a moment in the film. It's contemporary and would really hit hard.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:52 pm
Vakanai wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 pm I know it will never happen, but if they could adapt the Superman Smashes the Klan OGN I'd be extremely interested. Best Superman story this century imo.
He'd be smart to add this at least as a moment in the film. It's contemporary and would really hit hard.
I mean, it's contemporary, but it's also a period piece. Not sure it'd fit as just a moment in a modern set movie?
Then again, I know nothing about what this new movie is supposed to be really.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Blue Beetle trailer is out.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Looks good but I'm a big fan of Xolo, the Uzi track, George Lopez being a nutcase uncle I presume, and the Kamen Rider/PR/Sentai/anime vibes are very much welcome.

This is the kind of film I expect to have that upbeat, silly energy. He's like my age, he's gotta have fun.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

darthzilla99 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:54 pm Who would you like to see as the antagonist for James Gunn's Superman movie? I think Zodd, Luthor (at least main antagonist) and Doomsday need a break. I think mxyisptlic (spelling?) is too bizarre for a first movie or a young Superman movie. Brainic needs build up imo.

I'm thinking Metalo, Lobo, or parasite could be good young Superman story villains. Lobo allows lore building and the other two could provide a challenge to Superman in a way that requires him to be more creative while still allowing good fight scenes.
Someone we haven't seen before. Atomic Skull, Toy Man, Parasite, Metallo.

I think it's too early for Braniac. He would be a cool villain for the first Justice League movie though.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

StraightHairline3
Ronin

Post by StraightHairline3 »

I’m hoping to see someone like Parasite or Brainiac
Judging by the inspiration Gunn has for Superman I wouldn’t say it’s “too early” to use him

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Flash was screened at CinemaCon and the reviews are surprisingly positive. There are a few mixed to negative reviews in there but way more positive than not.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:58 am The Flash was screened at CinemaCon and the reviews are surprisingly positive. There are a few mixed to negative reviews in there but way more positive than not.
I’d take that news with big skepticism. The types of people they screen for reviews like these tend to be positive so they’re invited next time. Black Adam got a bunch of positive things said about it just like this before it came out.

Not saying it’s bad or anything, just that a good/decent film can be said to be one of the greats.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I mean we've been hearing great things about The Flash for years and some of my favorite movie pundits who I trust really enjoyed it. I haven't seen John Campea this happy with a superhero film since at least The Batman or Shang Chi.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I’m glad it’ll be a good movie after all the drama Ezra Miller has been causing. Plus, for Flash’s first huge solo movie outing, I would expect it to be good.

Still, I don’t know if I can watch it in good conscience just because of Ezra. I know that’s unfair to a lot of the people who also contributed to the movie, but damn, it’s hard for me to separate art and artist for this one. I might check it out when it hits what will now be called Max.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Has anyone else herd about this mass campaign that proves Ezra Miller is innocent of all crimes? Trying to do more research myself.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:43 pm Has anyone else herd about this mass campaign that proves Ezra Miller is innocent of all crimes? Trying to do more research myself.
There would need to be a LOT of things disproved for that to be the case. I’m not so sure about their innocence given that, but I’ll pay attention if the news keeps coming.

Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

https://twitter.com/GhostofMeg/status/1 ... Dn-OQ&s=19

Take of this as you will but I'm leaning toward no this is not a hate campaign.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I am seeing the Flash this Weds