What are your dream movies?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What are your dream movies?

Post by eabaker »

tyrantgoji wrote:I'm kinda shocked we never had a big budget Vampire vs. Werewolf movie. Sure there was that final battle in Van Helsing but that barely counts, we need a full on war between the two!
Isn't that what the Underworld movies are?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

eabaker wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I'm kinda shocked we never had a big budget Vampire vs. Werewolf movie. Sure there was that final battle in Van Helsing but that barely counts, we need a full on war between the two!
Isn't that what the Underworld movies are?
Never heard of that one.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

One zombie movie I'd like to see.

An AU where an zombie apocalypse occurs during the Ice Age. Revolves around a tribe of hunters not only having to fend off other zombified tribes but also zombie mammoths, zombie saber-toothed cats and such.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Zombie Apocalypse: An earth long since given over to zombies faces a new threat - annihilation! Faced with re-extinction brave zombie scientists must band together to destroy the asteroid that is hurtling towards earth and save all zombiekind!

So basically Armageddon but everyone is a zombie. It'd be hilarious.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

A pet related family movie that features reptiles and at least one tarantula as the main protagonists in place of the usual cats and dogs.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Honestly, a Jet Jaguar movie that is a parody of Kaiju movie tropes and goes full-on cheesy balls to the walls action. Make it self-aware and maybe Godzilla appears sometimes. Kinda like Ultraman except its modern day Japan and its Jet Jaguar instead.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Anguirus in his own film series ala Mothra in the 90s.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Having played the PS4 remake of MediEvil.

I suddenly want to see an film adaption directed by Tim Burton.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

For the unneeded but possibly interesting Spider-Man cinematic universe, an adaptation of The Superior Foes of Spider-Man

An animated Dinotopia film adapted closer to the book (where theropods are either predatory hermits or voluntary fish eaters instead of the miniseries making them all evil)

Metroid movie with Gwendoline Christie as Samus

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

We have vampire vs. werewolves stories, vampires vs zombie stories..but we have no werewolves vs. zombie stories! C'mon hollywood there must be some potential here!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Rewatching Megalon right now, a violent Deadpool-esque Jet Jaguar solo film. Think along the lines of Deadpool, Super, and Kick Ass. It'd be awesome.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Art Spieglman's MAUS Part I & II
- No goddamn flash or CGI animation, just hand-drawn frame by frame.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

King Ghidorah spinoff film with Desghidorah as the main enemy

Plot is that both Ghidorahs are also the only ones of their kind left, as they both murdered the rest. Now the only one left for them to destroy and become the ultimate Ghidorah is each other! Unfortunately fornus though, they chose Earth as the battlefield.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

A Christmas movie that portrays Krampus not as a straight up villain, but an anti-hero along the same lines as Venom or Alucard from 'Hellsing'.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

A Dinosaur vs. Aliens movie. Somehow Asylum has not done this yet even though it would make them easy money.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

My idea for a Kaiju Christmas Movie:

Basically 'A Christmas Story' set in 1998 with the Red Ryder bb gun being a foot tall action figure that's part of a fictional kaiju franchise which said action action figure is (for all intents and purposes) the Godzilla of. The movie scenes from this franchise would be done with traditional tokusatsu style miniatures, puppetry, and suitmation, and the toy commercials would play out much like the 90s Trendmasters Godzilla ones. As in 'The Monster Squad', 'The Deadly Spawn', and numerous other 80s movies, the Ralphie of this film is a monster fan who's room is loaded with toys, models, masks, and posters of different films and stills. And the fantasies he has pertain to the kaiju franchise with different monsters, mechs, and character archetypes being part of each scenario realized with a combination of practical effects and cgi. Much like 'A Christmas Story', the movie would treat materialism as a natural, straight forward part of Christmas without any messages or preaching about it not being the true meaning of the holiday.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Long...Long before the MCU, and the Infinity War/Endgame films, I wanted to see an accurate straight from the comics adaptation of The Infinity War. It is only 6 issues, the story overall could be told in an epic single Three Hour Anime film. If you've ever seen the Japanese opening to the 90''s X-Men animated series, that is the type of animation style I would want. I was wanting this idea long before Disney got involved, and before the split so that certain-characters were only permitted to appear with specific studios BS etc....Oddly enough, now that Disney owns all of Marvel's properties again (and can negotiate with the few they don't), it would be nice to see, but because we have the life action films, some would probably consider it superfluous I'd imagine, but still, there were so many great aspects to those original 6 issues that weren't even touched on in the films, and a lot of liberties taken in the films that weren't shown in the comics.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

o.supreme wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:35 pm Long...Long before the MCU, and the Infinity War/Endgame films, I wanted to see an accurate straight from the comics adaptation of The Infinity War. It is only 6 issues, the story overall could be told in an epic single Three Hour Anime film. If you've ever seen the Japanese opening to the 90''s X-Men animated series, that is the type of animation style I would want. I was wanting this idea long before Disney got involved, and before the split so that certain-characters were only permitted to appear with specific studios BS etc....Oddly enough, now that Disney owns all of Marvel's properties again (and can negotiate with the few they don't), it would be nice to see, but because we have the life action films, some would probably consider it superfluous I'd imagine, but still, there were so many great aspects to those original 6 issues that weren't even touched on in the films, and a lot of liberties taken in the films that weren't shown in the comics.
Dude that would be better than what Avengers: Soap Opera delivered.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:23 am A Dinosaur vs. Aliens movie. Somehow Asylum has not done this yet even though it would make them easy money.
There's the graphic novel Dinosaurs vs Aliens by Grant Morrison that came out a few years back. There were talks of making it into a film directed by co-creator Barry Sonnenfeld but not much has come of it so far.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

A "finale type" star trek movie with every available pre-kelvin timeline actor