Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

ommgggg im still waiting for a good price on hedorah, they seem to have doubled in price over here...
daimajin is very unexpected!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I need that new Battra!!!!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I wasnt aware that Gamera 96 was confirmed. So far Ive sold all of my old Gamera Bandais and replaced them with the new ones. But I am in love with my 96. Easily my favorite sculpt they've done for Gammy. So this new one has gotta be really fuckin good for me to sell that thing, cause I REALLY dont have space for another one.

I also dont have space for Zedus but if that gets announced I WILL MAKE SPACE. SOMEHOW.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:15 pm I wasnt aware that Gamera 96 was confirmed. So far Ive sold all of my old Gamera Bandais and replaced them with the new ones. But I am in love with my 96. Easily my favorite sculpt they've done for Gammy. So this new one has gotta be really skreeonkin good for me to sell that thing, cause I REALLY dont have space for another one.

I also dont have space for Zedus but if that gets announced I WILL MAKE SPACE. SOMEHOW.
A new gamera the brave and Zedus would be epic but I think they are only doing the trilogy. Hope I am wrong though! Better chance of seeing Hyper Gyaos. Would love to see Gamera and Mothra to get some premium bandai line of stuff. Mothra 3, we could have a lot of the Mothra forms in one box. Armor Mothra,
Eternal Mothra, and Primitive Mothra or something.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Hyper Gyaos is one of my favorite kaiju designs of all time....I really hope they do a new figure of it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Zedus is a must. I'd also like a rerelease of the '06 Gamera, don't think they really need to futz with that sculpt at all
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think they're just doing Heisei trilogy figures here. If they weren't you'd think they'd have done something from the Showa series by now.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I don't think "Gamera the Brave" figures are too far-fetched, if only because they can pair the two (Toto and Zedus) for a double release. My only guess regarding no new Showa characters is that they're possibly not as popular in Japan, but "Gamera the Brave" didn't do too well either. One can hope, but it's anyone's guess what they'll do in the future.
Last edited by Creature22 on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:09 pm I think they're just doing Heisei trilogy figures here. If they weren't you'd think they'd have done something from the Showa series by now.
This is probably how it pans out but it might extend to the Brave. Who knows. A Zedus could sell decently. As could an Advent Gamera.

Which gets me thinking….I wonder if they’ll do a Nightmare Gamera?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

What are the odds of a Battra larva MMS figure? Can't be remote right?

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

StardustGenius wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:34 am What are the odds of a Battra larva MMS figure? Can't be remote right?
If things keep going the way they have been lately I'd say there's a good chance it could happen within the few years. If Varan can get a Bandai, anything is possible.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

The latest wave of figures (Megaguirus, Battra, Daimajin) are out now, this guy on Ebay has in-hand pics if you want to check them out (bit pricey though):

https://www.ebay.com/str/kincsemsclothing

Impressed by the detail in the sculpts, especially the legs on the flying kaiju; would've expected them to just be fused to the undersides of the figures. Even the Biollante just a few years ago had the back tentacles mostly pressed up against the body. Moving in the right direction, though the lack of paint on Battra's wings is still bothersome.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Looking forward to having them in hand. I actually think the sculpts for all three look great (more or less what I expected for MMS; obviously features are going to be softened/chunkier to fit those safety standards), but I can definitely understand the complaints some people are raising with the paint apps. Daimajin and Battra especially seem to suffer on that end; a glossier base vinyl or just a tad more paint/metallic spray could have made a huge difference.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I dont think less than $35 is pricey for that Battra. That's less that what some of the more affordable American sellers are asking for it.

However, in 1993 my parents spent $40 to get me the original Bandai Battra, which was larger, had far more paint apps, had plastic wings, a stand and came boxed. $40 for all that vs the $35-$37 sellers are asking for a smaller figure made of nothing but vinyl with minimal paint apps? Something doesn't seem right about that.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I just paid about $150, after shipping on HLJ for Battra, Megagurius, Legion, and Gyaos. Figured if I had to buy from HLJ that I might as well add Legion and Gyaos, since they've been on the list forever. Can't tell if that was a better deal or if I should've just gotten off my ass and got Battra and Megagurius from AC or showcase Daikaiju when they were available (Battra at least).

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:06 am I dont think less than $35 is pricey for that Battra. That's less that what some of the more affordable American sellers are asking for it.

However, in 1993 my parents spent $40 to get me the original Bandai Battra, which was larger, had far more paint apps, had plastic wings, a stand and came boxed. $40 for all that vs the $35-$37 sellers are asking for a smaller figure made of nothing but vinyl with minimal paint apps? Something doesn't seem right about that.
Time marches on, dude. That was 30 years ago. Inflation is real. According the the US governments inflation calculator that $40 in 1993 would be the same as spending $81 today. You can’t just go “bah, McDonald’s today is a ripoff! In 1935 I only had to pay 8 cents for a hamburger!” No kidding. And in 1935 the average income was like $1000 a year.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:33 am The latest wave of figures (Megaguirus, Battra, Daimajin) are out now, this guy on Ebay has in-hand pics if you want to check them out (bit pricey though):

https://www.ebay.com/str/kincsemsclothing

Impressed by the detail in the sculpts, especially the legs on the flying kaiju; would've expected them to just be fused to the undersides of the figures. Even the Biollante just a few years ago had the back tentacles mostly pressed up against the body. Moving in the right direction, though the lack of paint on Battra's wings is still bothersome.
I will NEVER support these types of sellers, lol. Can't wait to see the same dumbass "dealers" peddling them on FB groups for $50+ while claiming there's a shortage of them in Japan. It never fails.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So i managed to snag Keizer Ghidorah for $84, waiting for him to show up now. But supposedly he's a bit warped, what do you guys think? Easy fix? Here's the pics:

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:40 am
I will NEVER support these types of sellers, lol.
Whats wrong with this particular seller? His prices seem more than fair.
Can't wait to see the same dumbass "dealers" peddling them on FB groups for $50+ while claiming there's a shortage of them in Japan. It never fails.
Those sellers are manipulative idiots who give other legit dealers a bad name. They're best ignored.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:29 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:40 am
I will NEVER support these types of sellers, lol.
Whats wrong with this particular seller? His prices seem more than fair.
Anything over $25 for a basic MMS is way too much. And this seller is then asking for $12 shipping, bringing a single figure to just under $50. Or buy the Battra and Megaguirus for $70, plus $12 shipping. So just over $40 for each. No f'n way is that worth it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?