Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:20 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:08 am "Godzilla fights like a moron in GvK!"

Has no problem with GMK Godzilla self-destructing his own dumbass.
Or Kiryu saga Goji, or Showa Goji in 62 and 64.
"Ugh! Godzilla so dumb! All he does is spam his beams in GvK!!!!! Ugh!!!!"

Heisei era: *Exists*

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This is starting to slowly drift into flame territory, so lets gently course correct please and thanks.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Maritonic wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:33 am This is starting to slowly drift into flame territory, so lets gently course correct please and thanks.

Oh fine fine fine

Curious to see how many more, if any, holes to the HE Godzilla will blow open in a sequel.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I hope he keeps blowing holes into the earth every month like it’s a holiday thing, just to keep up with what Kong’s doing.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Big question for me is will and should Jia return. I'd say yes to both things.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:50 pm Big question for me is will and should Jia return. I'd say yes to both things.
Jia and Madison at this point are the human faces of the MV.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I'm game for Jia coming back but Madison I can do without despite liking her character.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Jia is a yes, Madison is a No... They've had 2 movies to make me care about her character and neither accomplished it.

Godzilla's human characters need some fresh faces and a new start.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:29 pm Jia is a yes, Madison is a No... They've had 2 movies to make me care about her character and neither accomplished it.

Godzilla's human characters need some fresh faces and a new start.
Completely agreed

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Jia is a big yes. Madison, I could take or leave. She’s ok but I think she’s seen enough time in the spotlight.

As weird as he is, I liked Bernie, more of him wouldn’t be bad imo, but he would also be hard to loop into things, and his humor doesn’t work for everybody. Really, I hope Ren Serizawa can make some comeback. He’s got so much potential as a villain that they barely grazed in GvK.

EDIT: The girls who were hinted at to be the Shoubijin would be cool to see again.
Last edited by CyberZilla on Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

After seeing Madison's character in Godzilla vs. Kong. I'd rather see her not return. Same with Bernie who was annoying as skreeonk alongside Josh. They were the reasons the Godzilla subplot was so unbearable to get through.
CyberZilla wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:53 pm Really, I hope Ren Serizawa can make some comeback. He’s got so much potential as a villain that they barely grazed in GvK
Watch that he's a vessel of King Ghidorah who had the ability to transfer a part of his consciousness into him when he took over Mechagodzilla and also capable of transferring it to other people by direct eye contact and for whatever human King Ghidorah takes over, it could be like with Naruto and Kurama. Also the idea of pure body horror having King Ghidorah eventually "regenerate" out from said human he's possessing.

One way to make King Ghidorah the "Loki" of the MonsterVerse.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

want more Jia for sure, could use some more Bernie, but for me to care about Maddison at this point is just to pull the fucking trigger on giving her a psychic link to Godzilla like Miki Saegusa, and if not just take the russel family out of the Godzilla movies and probably give it to the Monarch show cast if that show turns out good
Last edited by BurningCoolMan on Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Madison is serviceable as a protagonist. Other than Miki and a couple of the 60's showa protagonist Godzilla is the big star and Milli Bobby Brown not only has stranger things it's rumored she's about to be in Star Wars.

On a sadder note apprantly she's a sex icon to wiredos so they'll go see her films as well.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Jia should return and if we get a Godzilla character focused movie (I'm going to assume the next film will focus the character narrative on Kong), I think Madison should return as the Godzilla liason person since Dr. Serizawa is gone. We need someone who's close to Godzilla and be someone who can learn to communicate with him to help flesh Godzilla's character. Kong knows sign language which is a big part of why it's easier to make a character narrative for him. I think Madison or the Mothra scientist twins should figure out how to communicate via the Orca or simply figuring out Godzilla's flashing light patterns from his plates (possibly both methods).

Now as far as the communication scenes themselves, I would not have subtitles come up on the Orca scenes since that would make Godzilla too human and a little cheesey. It could be something like Madison says 'the orca readings show anger' or 'the readings show sadness', then another character can say 'tell him we mean no harm' or something like that.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla's best narrative moments have always been scenes where he himself acts. For example seeing him cry when Jr is killee and then Destroyah lands right next him. There are no words needed, the audiance already knows what Godzilla is feeling and what comes next.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I agree that a clean slate of new human characters would be the best route to go. If Godzilla does have a significant presence in this movie, though, there's not much chance we won't see Madison. Millie Bobbie Brown is the biggest name the MV has at the moment, and capitalizing on Stranger Things is just too obvious and easy for Legendary to give it up.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

CyberZilla wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:46 pm I hope he keeps blowing holes into the earth every month like it’s a holiday thing, just to keep up with what Kong’s doing.
Then R.I.P to random people each month.

Added in 2 minutes 54 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:32 pm Godzilla's best narrative moments have always been scenes where he himself acts. For example seeing him cry when Jr is killee and then Destroyah lands right next him. There are no words needed, the audiance already knows what Godzilla is feeling and what comes next.
I can't help but cry when he hugs Minilla in Son of Godzilla.

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
king_ghidorah wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:53 am I do agree with the final battle being both the highlight of the MV and also the worst.

You can clearly see what’s happening, and the monsters all get some good character beats.

But the choreography is a little bland, the monsters move with zero weight and kong literally phases in and out of buildings.

Oh. And pet peeve. When Kong and Godzilla roar at each other when they’re face to face, the hanging bits of drool look so stupid. I don’t know why it bothers me but there. See. I have weird hang ups too.
Ehh, the phasing of buildings happens you so quick you don't even notice it most times and the drool makes the CGI look more life like.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I hope Millie Brown is done with this franchise.

I love GkOtM and GvK but I don’t like her character

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

king_ghidorah wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:10 am I hope Millie Brown is done with this franchise.

I love GkOtM and GvK but I don’t like her character
I found her tolerable in KotM but GvK on the other hand she was unbearable.

Be glad to see her character not return.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

To agree with miguelnova, scenes where Godzilla himself acts are so powerful. More of those couldn't hurt. Leaning more into Godzilla the character can strengthen these movies.

Resized Image