Monogram Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monogram Thread

Post by Shenanigans »

^ Yeah, its not as exciting a release as it could have been. But I still like the novelty of it, plus I don't have any Power Rangers figures, so I'll grab one. Also, looks like the Dragonzord is a new release and wasn't part of their previous Power Rangers line.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:28 pm I absolutely LOVE these things. They're neat, cheap and look great hanging on the edges of shelves. I really, REALLY hope these keep getting waves. They could make some great future entries. Already placing my bets on Wave 5: Godzilla '74 with electric towers, Zilla, Keizer Ghidorah, Gigan 2004, Kumonga, Super MechaGodzilla, Battra Larva, Rose Biollante, Xillian Controller, Shobojin 1 and Shobojin 2.

But I suppose there is a MULTITUDE of choices they could go with. We still have yet to see Shin Forms 2 and 3 pop up, for example. And I think the likes of the 2004 Gotengo or any Super Weapon is just as likely as any of the human/alien characters. But I will be surprised/disappointed if at least half of my guesses don't come to pass.
Fully agree, I hope they keep the line going, but they've always seemed to be somewhat popular in stores and on Ebay, so it makes me think sales are good enough to keep them going. I must say you have some good choices there too, most will probably end up happening; I especially like the idea of an Xilien and can easily see it happening. Personally, I'm feeling dancing Godzilla '65 or flying Godzilla '71 are in the running for the Godzillas of the set. That or either of the Anime-Gojis.

IMO, Kumonga, Mechagodzilla 1993, Zilla, and Keizer Ghidorah in particular are musts for the next wave. I'd also love to see them continue with some non-Godzilla Toho monsters like their Manda 1963 and Rainbow Mothra; the Gargantuas or Mysterians Moguera would be lovely. They could even put the Gargantuas together as a single bag clip locked in battle like the Revoltech accessory.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Its that time of the year, baby!

Pretty sick wave; a lot of expected choices though I am a bit disappointed Mechagodzilla 1993 and Zilla are still absent (should've been in place of those posters). Still, Kumonga fills probably the only major character gap the line had left, and Gigan '04, Battra Larva, and a proper Showa Rodan are quite welcome. Plus the oddball choices this time of the Xilien and Shobijin (I'll have to get two!) are what make this line so damn fun. I hope they keep 'em coming, but I'm excited to add these to the lot.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

YES! Once again, I love these things. Was starting to worry they were no more. Loving this line up. And love how we getting Chainsaw Gigan and Kumonga. SMG and Zilla missing, as said above, are still wrong. But I guess that makes them even more likely for the next wave. I like how they're sprinkling in non-kaiju characters and posters. The chibi-ized G85 and G2K look cool. Better than the last ones. Xillian is very welcome. Kinda surprised the Shobojin is solo and not with another. I prolly will get two of them... If only because one feels wrong.

I like how I predicted a good number of these. Predictions for the next wave are virtually Godzilla '74 with electric towers, Zilla, Keizer Ghidorah, Super MechaGodzilla, Rose Biollante (all of those five carry overs from last years), Shin Godzilla Form 3, and Flying Hedorah as the kaiju, with two more posters (DAM and Shin Godzilla), and a Nebulan and Black Hole Alien as the non-kaiju ones.

Also, still super bummed I never got the Rainbow Mothra chase one way back in Wave 2. I see ones pop up every now and then, and while I know its rarer... I'm not about to pay upward to $50 for a rubber bag clip.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I think Rainbow Mothra might very well be the rarest of the "classic" lineup for some reason; even the chase figures from wave 1 popped up more often. I'm quite thankful to have snagged one when I did, and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg (but it did take a lot of persistence). I now own the entire lineup with the exception of Burning Godzilla 2019, who may well be the rarest of all of them. Can't find that one for shit.

I'm hopeful they'll keep the line going next year since there's an awful lot of new Goji content coming out; wouldn't make much sense to stop now. A Godzilla X Kong set released alongside Classic wave 6, as they did with the previous Monsterverse releases. Don't really care what's in a potential wave 6 so long as Heisei MG and Zilla are in it. Keizer Ghidorah, Singular Point characters (Salunga and JJ), maybe Godzilla Junior or Fire Rodan could be nice. Characters from the movie coming out later this year could be a given for the next set too.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I know the Netflix trilogy is really piss poor, but I'd be open to a Wave dedicated to it. Philius, Earth, Void Ghidorah, Servum, MechaGodzilla (or his head, at least), Harou, Mephilies or whatever his name was, and the leader of the not Black Hole aliens.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrannicus
Yojimbo

Post by Tyrannicus »

I love these things! I'm really close to having a complete set. Just missing 2 from the Classic Series 1 and 3 from the King of the Monsters series.

I'm hoping there's going to be a Series 6. I'd love to see Zilla, Moguera 1957, Showa Mothra, Showa and Heisei accurate King Ghidorahs, Rose Biollante, Desghidorah, GMK Baragon, Mothra & Ghidorah, and I would even enjoy the Giant Octopus and Giant Condor.

Besides the Godzilla vs Power Rangers set, there was another exclusive set which is currently on Crunchyroll's website. It has a glow-in-the-dark GMK Godzilla. Were there any other special exclusives or exclusive sets?

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Tyrannicus wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:20 am I love these things! I'm really close to having a complete set. Just missing 2 from the Classic Series 1 and 3 from the King of the Monsters series.

I'm hoping there's going to be a Series 6. I'd love to see Zilla, Moguera 1957, Showa Mothra, Showa and Heisei accurate King Ghidorahs, Rose Biollante, Desghidorah, GMK Baragon, Mothra & Ghidorah, and I would even enjoy the Giant Octopus and Giant Condor.

Besides the Godzilla vs Power Rangers set, there was another exclusive set which is currently on Crunchyroll's website. It has a glow-in-the-dark GMK Godzilla. Were there any other special exclusives or exclusive sets?
I believe there were four box sets. The first in 2019 just had the Godzilla, Mothra, and Ghidorah bag clips from the first wave with no differences whatsoever. And in addition to the MMPR set and the Crunchyroll set, there was also this magnet set from SDCC. Pretty sure that's it.

Managed to score the Godzilla vs. MMPR set a few months ago for fairly close to retail myself, which I'm happy about. I have all the variant covers from that comic series, plus a promotional poster, and now the figure set, so I'm very happy. Also wonder if they'll do a Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong box set down the road.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Two new reveals! It's thrilling to see them branching out to other franchises too, the more the merrier.

I'll probably get most of the Ultraman ones (definitely Pigmon and Baltan). For Kong, the '33 characters are musts. I'm not super familiar with the King Kong of Skull Island property, so I do not recognize those beasties at all, but I am familiar with Gaw, and I believe this is his first toy ever.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Might get the Kong chase and a few of the Ultra ones, but I won't invest in all of 'em like I am the Godzilla ones.

Quote of the Year:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Wave 6 is pretty disappointing outside of the Black Hole Alien IMO. Really wanted a few new monsters. The style of the GxK figures seems... different, too. Nonetheless, I will collect them all lol

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

HOLY SHIT ITS ZILLA!!!!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Moth wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:37 am HOLY SHIT ITS ZILLA!!!!
Would you look at that, you're right! I didn't know what it was; I figured it was a Minus One Godzilla or something. Honestly, that redeems the set in my eyes.

Here's better photos, apologies for the original potato quality.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

1) That Rose Bio is a clear ripoff of Super7's Rose Bio lol

2) Parrot Frog (what a lame ass name) and Jumping Godzilla might just be GxK spoilers, I'm basing this off of the fact that they're brand new things and at least one of them is [obviously] MonsterVerse related

EDIT: I'm a dumbass who can't read, in BIG BOLD LETTERS, it tells you right there that the bottom half is all GxK related, my bad lol
Last edited by {---HYPERZeTToN---} on Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.