WOTM R8: Voyager vs Bacon

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Nagoda
Futurian

Re: WOTM R8: Voyager vs Bacon

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:10 pm I guess now that we’ve sorted out and agreed on the abilities and capabilities of each fighter, the course of the battle really depends on what happens at the start, with our three key players. Magneto, Anakin and Tony.

In my opinion, it is more likely than not, Magneto is either choked out through the force or blasted to the ground. Both Tony and Anakin are smart, and Tony especially would know he has to do something to the guy raising his hands. It’s Tony’s personality that helps here, since his cockiness and assertiveness would probably cause him to blast the guy raising his hands, knocking Erik out for a while. It’s within reason. If not, Anakin chokes out the guy who starts making moves.

I just think it’s out of character for the both of them to not take immediate action against Magneto. It’s unreasonable. Thus, my scenario I laid out is a likely one.
I mean, he's also an old man. Not much of a threat there until he reveals his magnetic prowess.

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
Pretty sure MCU Spider-Man would be more important for Tony at the start before he realizes old man can throw buildings. Anakin or Obi Wan with Mace Windu probably before Magneto shows his power.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:53 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:10 pm I guess now that we’ve sorted out and agreed on the abilities and capabilities of each fighter, the course of the battle really depends on what happens at the start, with our three key players. Magneto, Anakin and Tony.

In my opinion, it is more likely than not, Magneto is either choked out through the force or blasted to the ground. Both Tony and Anakin are smart, and Tony especially would know he has to do something to the guy raising his hands. It’s Tony’s personality that helps here, since his cockiness and assertiveness would probably cause him to blast the guy raising his hands, knocking Erik out for a while. It’s within reason. If not, Anakin chokes out the guy who starts making moves.

I just think it’s out of character for the both of them to not take immediate action against Magneto. It’s unreasonable. Thus, my scenario I laid out is a likely one.
I mean, he's also an old man. Not much of a threat there until he reveals his magnetic prowess.

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
Pretty sure MCU Spider-Man would be more important for Tony at the start before he realizes old man can throw buildings. Anakin or Obi Wan with Mace Windu probably before Magneto shows his power.
Guess so, but once Magneto confirms to my team he’s a threat, he’s got his time numbered. Maybe Tony could run a diagnostic and find something to do with Erik. Not sure though. Pretty much everyone on my team has the capacity to knock him out of the fight. One other thing is, when Tony is free to fight as normal, he scans his opponents to formulate a strategy to counter their fighting style. It would definitely help him out here.

You see, I think the real problem with Bacon’s team is that it’s too reliant on Magneto, personally. The chances of winning really teeter on whether Magneto can pull off the best he can do, the unlikelihood of that prospect really dampers Bacon. If we take Magneto out of the equation, you can see it suddenly becomes a lot less balanced. You could say the same with me and Tony, but we still have enough people to feasibly win. You might be able to agree, Nagoda?
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I'd probably say that even after Magneto falls, the Spider-Men will make up for it.

Added in 22 seconds:
Not for killing people, but more incapacitating them.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:47 pm I'd probably say that even after Magneto falls, the Spider-Men will make up for it.

Added in 22 seconds:
Spidey’s are powerful, but their refusal to kill may be their weakness. Don’t really see how they can incapacitate either Zoanoid, for example. A humanoid, sure, but those humanoids are just as deadly as the Zoanoids.

Do you agree Mace would lose against both Anakin and Obi Wan, as some have suggested otherwise, using Mace’s duel against Sidious. Luckily for myself, I’ve provided two explanations as to why that was, so I’d like to hear your thoughts.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:52 pm
Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:47 pm I'd probably say that even after Magneto falls, the Spider-Men will make up for it.

Added in 22 seconds:
Spidey’s are powerful, but their refusal to kill may be their weakness. Don’t really see how they can incapacitate either Zoanoid, for example. A humanoid, sure, but those humanoids are just as deadly as the Zoanoids.

Do you agree Mace would lose against both Anakin and Obi Wan, as some have suggested otherwise, using Mace’s duel against Sidious. Luckily for myself, I’ve provided two explanations as to why that was, so I’d like to hear your thoughts.
I don't know, Tom Spider-Man almost killed Green Goblin but was stopped just before he could stab him. Raimi Spider-Man attempted to murder Sandman, and did murder a criminal. Garfield Spider-Man said he was brutally beating people down after Gwen Died.
Last edited by Nagoda on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:05 pm

Added in 22 seconds:

I don't know, Tom Spider-Man almost killed Green Goblin but was stopped just before he could stab him. Raimi Spider-Man attempted to murder Sandman, and did murder a criminal. Garfield Spider-Man said he was brutally beating people down after Gwen Died.
Tom was enraged after Aunt May died. He’s never shown this before.
Tobey was attempting to avenge the death of Uncle Ben.
Andrew was on a sorrow-fueled rage after Gwen died.

See the shared condition? This isn’t their normal self. This is after a loved one that they deeply care about dies. None of which applies here.
For Emperor and Empire!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Tobey kills two people. Venom with Harry's pumpkin bomb and the guy he thought shot Uncle Ben. Andrew kills Electro and Tom kills in Endgame, even if it is still the suit, he gives the command. They are all very much capable of landing the killing blow, especially in a war zone

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:14 pm
Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:05 pm

Tom was enraged after Aunt May died. He’s never shown this before.
Tobey was attempting to avenge the death of Uncle Ben.
Andrew was on a sorrow-fueled rage after Gwen died.

See the shared condition? This isn’t their normal self. This is after a loved one that they deeply care about dies. None of which applies here.
That is still them having the power to kill people. They may refuse to kill, but they've done it or were willing to do it before. Also Tobey killed venom. That's still killing an enemy, even if it is an alien symbiote that feeds of your anger. Andrew killed Electro by overcharging him. The man literally blew up cause Spider-Man connected him to everything. Tom activated Instant Kill against aliens.

Also Mace would probably lose if he has to fight both Anakin and Obi Wan with their lightsabers at the same time.

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
Also hold up! Just realised Tom's Spider-Man has access to Instant Kill with this suit.

Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
And also remembering Tom hacked into his suit to prevent Tony from tracking him and unlocked his entire suit's features.
Last edited by Nagoda on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:52 pm Tobey kills two people. Venom with Harry's pumpkin bomb and the guy he thought shot Uncle Ben. Andrew kills Electro and Tom kills in Endgame, even if it is still the suit, he gives the command. They are all very much capable of landing the killing blow, especially in a war zone
I explained why Tobey killed the guy, but killing Venom is explainable too. Venom is an extra terrestrial being whose mere existence is a threat to Peter and everyone else. He’s got to dispose of it. Tom turning on the suit to kill all those bad, faceless aliens is just because they are that. Faceless aliens. Tom didn’t have it in him to kill Vulture or Mysterio. People are different to him. Humans have value. Alien beasts with only killing in mind aren’t. It’s simple. As for Andrew… fair point. Maybe Andrew’s the most bloodthirsty one, but he’s not going around killing everyone he faces, like Doctor Connor.

The Spidermen are definitely less willing to kill than anyone on my team.
For Emperor and Empire!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:01 pm
I explained why Tobey killed the guy, but killing Venom is explainable too. Venom is an extra terrestrial being whose mere existence is a threat to Peter and everyone else. He’s got to dispose of it. Tom turning on the suit to kill all those bad, faceless aliens is just because they are that. Faceless aliens. Tom didn’t have it in him to kill Vulture or Mysterio. People are different to him. Humans have value. Alien beasts with only killing in mind aren’t. It’s simple. As for Andrew… fair point. Maybe Andrew’s the most bloodthirsty one, but he’s not going around killing everyone he faces, like Doctor Connor.

So MCU Spider-Man should have no trouble using the insta kill on the Tyranids then and Tobey Spider-Man won't have an issue either.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:52 pm Tobey kills two people. Venom with Harry's pumpkin bomb and the guy he thought shot Uncle Ben. Andrew kills Electro and Tom kills in Endgame, even if it is still the suit, he gives the command. They are all very much capable of landing the killing blow, especially in a war zone

I mean, Tyrannids and Zoanoids are basically faceless aliens/monsters he doesn't really have to worry about. He'll use it against them at the very least.

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
Might be hard to breath with a web grenade in the face or down the throat.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:02 pm

So MCU Spider-Man should have no trouble using the insta kill on the Tyranids then and Tobey Spider-Man won't have an issue either.
I mean, yeah. Lest he be still a little battered and torn if he goes headfirst into 16 bloodthirsty creatures born to kill.

Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
About the Insta Kill. IIRC, we never actually see him use it in his normal suit, which he’s in here. Insta Kill is definitely more capable in the Iron Spider than this normal suit, so it won’t be like the scene in Endgame. Without the added metal legs, he’ll have less to use.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:04 pm

I mean, yeah. Lest he be still a little battered and torn if he goes headfirst into 16 bloodthirsty creatures born to kill.
Spider Sense.
Last edited by Nagoda on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:07 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:04 pm

Spider Sense.
Spider Sense doesn’t negate damage. When going in with that many foes he’s bound to be hit at least once.
For Emperor and Empire!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Spider Sense would alert them from oncoming dangers. As Tobey was able to detect objects coming from behind him and act with quick speed when Harry threw the pumpkin bomb and he threw it back or when Norman tried to stab him with the glider. Tom was able to dodge multiple sources of machine-gun fire with his eyes closed and Andrew can dodge Electro's electricity and gain a full view of the surroundings, they will most likely be fine

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:10 pm
Spider Sense would alert them from oncoming dangers. As Tobey was able to detect objects coming from behind him and act with quick speed when Harry threw the pumpkin bomb and he threw it back or when Norman tried to stab him with the glider. Tom was able to dodge multiple sources of machine-gun fire with his eyes closed and Andrew can dodge Electro's electricity and gain a full view of the surroundings, they will most likely be fine
Maybe against the Tyranids, but against a constant beam of energy, or multiple missiles that explode via proximity to a target?

And god help them if they’re caught by the force, Spider Sense won’t see that one coming. If they’re caught while swinging by the force, they can’t do much, especially if they’re held down, or tossed away.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:13 pm
Maybe against the Tyranids, but against a constant beam of energy, or multiple missiles that explode via proximity to a target?

And god help them if they’re caught by the force, Spider Sense won’t see that one coming. If they’re caught while swinging by the force, they can’t do much, especially if they’re held down, or tossed away.
The man is literally dodging bolts of lightning, a repulsor beam should be easy.

Added in 1 minute 14 seconds:
Also, Doctor Strange. He beats Doctor Strange in the Mirror Dimension, with Math.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:16 pm

The man is literally dodging bolts of lightning, a repulsor beam should be easy.
Ok, sure. Repulsor rays won’t be an issue for now. What about Tony’s missiles that can just explode by being near a target. They exploded before hitting Thanos, so if they go near a Spider-Man, they go kaboom, and someone gets hurt. You can’t dodge those. Neither can you dodge the force.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 pm

Ok, sure. Repulsor rays won’t be an issue for now. What about Tony’s missiles that can just explode by being near a target. They exploded before hitting Thanos, so if they go near a Spider-Man, they go kaboom, and someone gets hurt. You can’t dodge those. Neither can you dodge the force.
Raimi Spider-Man literally took a pumpkin bomb to the face! He'll be fine. Its right in the spider sense video.
Last edited by Nagoda on Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:21 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 pm
Raimi Spider-Man literally took a pumpkin bomb to the face! He'll be fine.
Pumpkin bombs are like traditional bombs with added flames. These missiles are more like explosive charges, very heavy on the force, very little with the special effects. Tobey could take them sure, but he’ll be in a bad state afterwards, especially since Tony fires at least 5 at once. Oh, and he wasn’t fine when the pumpkin bomb hit him. He was clearly disorientated and beaten up by it.

If Tom was knocked out cold by a train, Iron Man’s hand and feet hammers are going to be brutal, as are Zerbebuth’s hits and acid, which can melt through the webbing. Synevite is also here, and will be able to help with his sharp spikes on the inside of his tentacles, as well as his ink and brute strength.

Added in 1 minute 33 seconds:
Also we never see him use Insta Kill in the default suit so we don’t know what it can do. It won’t be as fatal as the Iron Spider because it has no added metal arms to stab stuff.
For Emperor and Empire!