How would you continue the Monsterverse? (Full Spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
AlphaTitan1954
Ronin

How would you continue the Monsterverse? (Full Spoilers)

Post by AlphaTitan1954 »

With the rather profound success of the 2021 film Godzilla vs Kong, many people are wondering when there will be more. From rumors speculating from Son of Kong to a Destroy all Monsters remake/finale, we are all questioning what story would Legendary go with? And with many lovely people on Reddit pitching their ideas for continuing the Monsterverse, I wondered what fantastic stories would the people of Toho Kingdom create.

So, that is why I'm creating this thread, to see what stories you guys could create if you were to continue the Monsterverse. Let's take a look and see what you guys can create!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: How would you continue the Monsterverse? (Full Spoilers)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gonna sound outlandish and out there but the idea of King Ghidorah being the "Loki" of the MonsterVerse minus the redemption.

Ren Serizawa actually didn't die. King Ghidorah transferred a part of his consciousness into him taking control of Dr. Serizawa's son and could even have King Ghidorah through eye contact transferring himself to other people as his vessel.

To make it even more interesting it could even be something similar to Naruto and Kurama, the nine-tailed fox.

This will sound ridiculous too but King Ghidorah eventually regenerates out from Ren's body or some random unfortunate soul he transferred his consciousness into. Total body horror there!

Added in 3 minutes 19 seconds:
Also Godzilla 3 should be Biollante or Gigan.

For Biollante, pretty much the same origin only using DNA from a flora species from Skull Island or the hollow earth.

Gigan supposedly starting off as this original space titan who came to earth due to King Ghidorah's call during King of the Monsters reaching out into space which he heard. Gigan's extraterrestrial nature draws Godzilla's attention and the two fight with Godzilla winning and killing him. APEX then proceeds to use the decease space titans remains to turn it into a cyborg and what would become Gigan.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla: Destroyer of Worlds

The Space Titan Gigan arrives on Earth having heard Ghidorah's call and is challenged by Godzilla. At the same time Dr. Shiragami a monarch scientists combines his Daughter's DNA with a Rose from Skull Island and Godzilla's DNA found in Dan Francisco.

Biollante is born and shockingly becomes a companion to Godzilla and even aids him in driving Gigan from the Earth. Biollante however begins terraforming the Earth and created new plant life in her image.

Knowing Biollante's new world will not only be the end of humanity but the majority of Titans as well Godzilla as King has choice. Does he destroy the closest thing he has to family left in the world or does he protect the world and stop Biollante?
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I know we should all take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard rumors that Legendary may be planning to bring King Caesar into the mix.

Here's some evidence : https://www.google.com/search?q=king+ca ... nt=gws-wiz and https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-kong ... sar-fight/

Can anyone care to guess as to how they could make the character work in the Monsterverse?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:26 pm I know we should all take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard rumors that Legendary may be planning to bring King Caesar into the mix.

Here's some evidence : https://www.google.com/search?q=king+ca ... nt=gws-wiz and https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-kong ... sar-fight/

Can anyone care to guess as to how they could make the character work in the Monsterverse?
Anything with screen rant I’ll take the biggest bag of salt, anyway king Caesar could actually be a good choice since he was worship as a Guardian of Japan in GVM

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:26 pm I know we should all take this with a grain of salt, but I've heard rumors that Legendary may be planning to bring King Caesar into the mix.

>ScreenRant

All the proof needed to know this is fake. Also I find it hard to believe they'd pick King Caesar over the likes of more popular Godzilla monsters like Gigan.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

A Kong-Rodan movie.

The two fight, Kong becomes his Alpha, and they form a bit of a kinship. With Rodan sacrificing himself in the end and Kong losing his only friend. I think the two would work so well together on film.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Realistically, a Kong 2, Godzilla 3, and Godzilla/Kong film will be “Phase 2” and most likely the end of the MV.

But it’d be cool to get something like Mothra: Queen Of The Monsters or Rodan.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

At the end of the MV, I would have Kong sacrifice himself to save Godzilla or humanity or the Earth or something. While I appreciate the MV Kong being much more unique compared to other iterations of him, I think this sacrifice would help tie in the tragic nature of his character, something I think these movies, while hinting at, haven't really fully embraced
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Have Godzilla die.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Voyager wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:46 pm Have Godzilla die.
That fast?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:33 pm
Voyager wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:46 pm Have Godzilla die.
That fast?
Not right away, but maybe at the end of the next "phase".
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Maybe Mothra come back in a solo movie fighting some original monster, then her second film will have her lay two eggs both eggs hatch a Mothra Leo and Battra, during the film Battra grow up, turns bad and attack Monarch . Mothra came to defend Monarch from Battra and successfully done so driving Battra off but she dies from her wounds, Monarch saw this and are willing to defeat battra with Mothra Leo. Mothra Leo grow up and fought against Battra and win in the process killing Battra but he is now the only one in his species

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Before GvK, I had an idea for a post-credits KOTM scene where Charlie Day's character from Pacific Rim is being interrogated by Alan Jonah. Day's character had come through a dimensional gate similar to the one the Precursors used to get to us. Using his knowledge of jaeger tech, he helps Jonah create Mechagodzilla.

Obviously that's not feasible now, but I still think bringing Pacific Rim into the Monsterverse solves two problems at once - it gives the Monsterverse a new direction, and it gives Pacific Rim actually interesting kaiju :)

But setting aside a Pacific Rim crossover, I think there are a lot of directions they can go. Maybe the Hollow Earth turns out to be inhabited - by, say, the Seatopians - and they unleash Megalon upon the earth.

A Kong prequel about the Wanderer might be fun too.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I honestly think an arc like this works for Godzilla assuming I had complete control and freedom.

Destroyer of Worlds: My plot featuring Gigan and Biollante. Godzilla clears the storm around Skull Island and it becomes Monster Island. Godzilla eventually finds a mate and fathers a son in between films and he retires from patrolling the world. This would allow Rodan, Mothra, Kong and even a Gamera film as we now have a reason on why Godzilla is not showing up. Finally after these films we get

The Alpha Predator: Hedorah is the villain and kills Godzilla's mate and he becomes not the kotm but the Alpha Predator again. This film would bring Godzilla as close to how he was in the 2014 film again while staying in tone with the MV.

After that we'd get Godzilla vs Gamera and Destroy all Titans.

*Mothra and Rodan would likely be HBO Max films and Gamera is assuming Legendary could get the rights.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gonna be real here. Realistically I can see the MonsterVerse having 2-3 films at most left.

This most has to do with how general audience in the west just aren't into Godzilla as King of the Monsters underperformance went (G14 only did well because of audience curiosity in it being a new American take) but otherwise finds more appeal into Kong. It could go one of the two following ways.

In this case I can see it going one of the two following ways.

Godzilla 3, Son of Kong, Destroy All Monsters

or

Son of Kong and Destroy All Monsters

It's perhaps wishful thinking on my part with the first option but even if Godzilla 3 underperformed as King of the Monsters did, I don't think that'd affect Son of Kong from not happening due to audiences' bigger preference towards Kong. Either way you could have Son of Kong ending with Kong, son and maybe his mate being forced back to the surface due to some kind of event happening hence their involvement in Destroy All Monsters which would gather more audience then usual going to see the film due to Kong being in it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 pm Gonna be real here. Realistically I can see the MonsterVerse having 2-3 films at most left.

This most has to do with how general audience in the west just aren't into Godzilla as King of the Monsters underperformance went (G14 only did well because of audience curiosity in it being a new American take) but otherwise finds more appeal into Kong. It could go one of the two following ways.

In this case I can see it going one of the two following ways.

Godzilla 3, Son of Kong, Destroy All Monsters

or

Son of Kong and Destroy All Monsters

It's perhaps wishful thinking on my part with the first option but even if Godzilla 3 underperformed as King of the Monsters did, I don't think that'd affect Son of Kong from not happening due to audiences' bigger preference towards Kong. Either way you could have Son of Kong ending with Kong, son and maybe his mate being forced back to the surface due to some kind of event happening hence their involvement in Destroy All Monsters which would gather more audience then usual going to see the film due to Kong being in it.
Kotm is the outlier in the MV box office. We need another Godzilla solo film to see if it's truly done.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:44 pmKotm is the outlier in the MV box office. We need another Godzilla solo film to see if it's truly done.
2-3 films is still the most likely route I see at this point.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Dump theory time: When you see people talking about wanting lots of monster screentime and action, I personally think what the GA wants is the kaiju of the movie to be the protagonist of the movie. So for Godzilla, I think the GA wants him to be the protagonist of the plot with him going through some sort of character arc (Russell is the protagonist in KOTM, not Godzilla). Now that's easier said than done mind you.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Introduce more titans.

Titanus Sedna (Orca/Wolf titan named after the Inuit goddess and appearance based on the akhlut)
Titanus Sobek
Titanus Fenrir
Titanus Jormungandr
Titanus Nanook (A polar bear titan would be epic as skreeonk. Imagine him having what appears to be massive icicles protruding from the back of his body but in reality are really his bones sticking out)
Shark-based titan named after any shark god in Polynesian mythology
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.