Discussion of the Titular Fights: Godzilla vs. Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Who Won?

Godzilla
94%
Kong
2%
Depends on the Environment
4%

Total votes: 146

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Discussion of the Titular Fights: Godzilla vs. Kong

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Wow I never noticed that Kong was kneeing Godzilla's head when he grasped it. Really did look like he was suddenly twisting his head away to yank away from Kong while spitting fire.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Lmao it just gets worse for kong fans

A friend just sent me this:

“So I’m going to throw a monkey wrench regarding GVK: Adam during the commentary said that it was specifically that the MUTO style death that MechaG tried on Godzilla “may have not worked”, and that his insides may have been just as strong as his hide.”
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:54 pm Lmao it just gets worse for kong fans

“So I’m going to throw a monkey wrench regarding GVK: Adam during the commentary said that it was specifically that the MUTO style death that MechaG tried on Godzilla “may have not worked”, and that his insides may have been just as strong as his hide.”
I think I mentioned this in the previous posts. But he does also say that he believes it's likely that attack WOULD've taken down Godzilla, he's just leaving it ambiguous for the benefit of it. Anyhow he acknowledges that was the closest Godzilla came to losing in the entire film.

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

Vandarker wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:51 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:54 pm Lmao it just gets worse for kong fans

I think I mentioned this in the previous posts. But he does also say that he believes it's likely that attack WOULD've taken down Godzilla, he's just leaving it ambiguous for the benefit of it. Anyhow he acknowledges that was the closest Godzilla came to losing in the entire film.
Yeah I don’t see how that wouldn’t have killed Godzilla. I don’t think the innards of flesh and muscle (your sig as a good example) being as capable as his outer body, I just don’t buy it. Goji would’ve been toast right there.
Last edited by Monke on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

It's totally feasible Godzilla could have survived a proton scream kiss of death. But I figure even in that case, if he survived it, he wouldn't have any fight left after that. He'd be putty in Mecha-G's hands.
If you wanna look at it compared to Wolverine's healing factor, Godzilla's internal organs might be able to withstand the proton scream, but after taking all that punishment, if Godzilla was still alive, his body would be working overtime to start repairing the damage. He's not fighting back at that point, especially after dealing with Kong.
All that leaves is for Mecha-G to stomp his head out, cave his chest, start pulling stuff out, whatever.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Uh uh hm how else can Kong fans get 'screwed' out?
Oh I know! The Sonic Scream ends up amplifying Godzilla even further and Fire Godzilla returns, thus repeating the end of KOTM with Mechagodzilla being destroyed by pulses.
And the heat gives Kong cancer.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

So, I've seen snippets of it, Adam does confirm Godzilla was toying with Kong

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Greg Keyes, the author of the official novelization and tie-in comics, confirmed (in the Kaijutransmissions podcast) that Godzilla was driven out from his old home by "a Kong or a group of Kongs" when he was "younger and weaker", and that Tiamat came along later and killed that Kong.

And according to him, the ancient feud in Hollow Earth ended in a draw. The current Godzilla himself was young and weak back then, so he did not participate in the feud; the war was between the Kong race and multiple Godzilla-like creatures (he uses the expression "Godzilla-like creatures because Toho doesn't allow the usage of "Godzilla species" or "Godzillas") and both sides wiped each other out.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

All this tells me that the 2014 Godzilla likely did jump Ghidorah now.

The ancient War and Godzilla vs Kong all it does it make a huge leap in power Godzilla has gained between 2014 and now.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:30 pm Greg Keyes, the author of the official novelization and tie-in comics, confirmed (in the Kaijutransmissions podcast) that Godzilla was driven out from his old home by "a Kong or a group of Kongs" when he was "younger and weaker", and that Tiamat came along later and killed that Kong.

And according to him, the ancient feud in Hollow Earth ended in a draw. The current Godzilla himself was young and weak back then, so he did not participate in the feud; the war was between the Kong race and multiple Godzilla-like creatures (he uses the expression "Godzilla-like creatures because Toho doesn't allow the usage of "Godzilla species" or "Godzillas") and both sides wiped each other out.
Link? I thought he stated the Gojiras won in the novel
Last edited by Showzilla on Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Showzilla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:47 pm
Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:30 pm Greg Keyes, the author of the official novelization and tie-in comics, confirmed (in the Kaijutransmissions podcast) that Godzilla was driven out from his old home by "a Kong or a group of Kongs" when he was "younger and weaker", and that Tiamat came along later and killed that Kong.

The full 2 hour-long interview is up on the Kaiju Transmissions website. Greg Keyes talking about the subject starts at the 2:01:20 mark.

He states that the two parties involved in the conflict wiped each other out, and how they ended up on the surface world is another story to tell.

Apparently Godzilla is a particularly powerful member of his species, and things were more even when the Kong race fought against the proto-Godzillas with their axes. Or it could be that the Kongs outnumbered the proto-Godzillas and ganged up on them. Who knows.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

Vandarker wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:21 pm
Showzilla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:47 pm

The full 2 hour-long interview is up on the Kaiju Transmissions website. Greg Keyes talking about the subject starts at the 2:01:20 mark.

He states that the two parties involved in the conflict wiped each other out, and how they ended up on the surface world is another story to tell.

Apparently Godzilla is a particularly powerful member of his species, and things were more even when the Kong race fought against the proto-Godzillas with their axes. Or it could be that the Kongs outnumbered the proto-Godzillas and ganged up on them. Who knows.
Proto-Godzilla's

Cool

TriassicTerror
Samurai

Post by TriassicTerror »

So really what that means is that Monsterverse canon is kind of nonsense? Literally every piece of media in the Monsterverse has contradicted or rewrote some piece of lore that a previous one established and that's kind of a huge change from Godzilla being a relic from the Permian.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

TriassicTerror wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 am

So really what that means is that Monsterverse canon is kind of nonsense? Literally every piece of media in the Monsterverse has contradicted or rewrote some piece of lore that a previous one established and that's kind of a huge change from Godzilla being a relic from the Permian.
I keep saying this, but the whole Permain thing was never canon, it was just fan speculation based on some ambiguous lines from G:Awakening(which we're not 100% sure that we should take as canon anymore) that could be interpreted either way. Not to mention that the whole sequence is supposed to be an imaginary scene. I don't know why people keep calling it an inconsistency when it was never even confirmed.

Added in 10 minutes 20 seconds:

Here's what Greg Keyes said about the matter: that Godzilla's age was never set in stone, but he was never supposed to be 250 million years old. The whole Permian sequence in Awakening is meant to be mere speculation on Serizawa's part and shouldn't be taken literally; as should a lot of the stuff put forth by the human characters in the films.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

yeah, that's honestly why I looked into Dominion more because it's from Godzilla's POV. if it's correct, Godzilla was born towards the ass end of the Pleistocene epoch.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

So i'm assuming that given Greg Keyes' comments on the Godzillas and Kongs wiping eachother out and our Godzilla being a "super-member" of his species, I assume Zo-Zla-Hlawa refers specifically to our goji then?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:18 pm So i'm assuming that given Greg Keyes' comments on the Godzillas and Kongs wiping eachother out and our Godzilla being a "super-member" of his species, I assume Zo-Zla-Hlawa refers specifically to our goji then?
No, he said Godzilla was too young to be involved.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:18 pm So i'm assuming that given Greg Keyes' comments on the Godzillas and Kongs wiping eachother out and our Godzilla being a "super-member" of his species, I assume Zo-Zla-Hlawa refers specifically to our goji then?
He says that the Zo-Zla-Hlawa stuff shouldn't be taken too literally, and it's something that he thought up, not Legendary. How much of it is canon is unknown.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla's genetic ancestor was around in the Permain and he can remember that. The scene in awakening is a flash back to explain Godzilla and Shinmura Even though Serizawa's father is making a theory.

Dagon and Godzilla show that Godzilla eventually became a species and Godzilla apparently has parents. Proto Godzilla is a term to get around Toho it seems.

Even Dominion however backs up the Titans originated when their was more radioactivity as Godzilla says there isn't enough for all of them.to be awake.

Most likely all of the Titans now other than Methuselah are a younger batch of Titans that weren't around in the Golden days.

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
Godzilla becomes a Super Godzilla when be fuses with Mothra.

The Muto Prime battle, Ghidorah and the nuke pushed him along the way but Mothra got him over the line.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

this may not be the appropriate place

but we need a bit of help

some angry kong stans and at least one alt are brigading the subreddits, if ya'll could go here and vote against them to shut them up, that would help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... _strength/