What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Suppose to be leaving for vacation in a couple weeks but my boss is refusing to give me the time off even though I was already told I could have it off months ago. Trying to get my request officially denied so I can take it up to HR but they just keep giving me the runaround. They don't want to give me the time off but nobody wants to be responsible for officially denying me the time off either. Everything is already bought and paid for and most of it is non-refundable.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 pm Suppose to be leaving for vacation in a couple weeks but my boss is refusing to give me the time off even though I was already told I could have it off months ago. Trying to get my request officially denied so I can take it up to HR but they just keep giving me the runaround. They don't want to give me the time off but nobody wants to be responsible for officially denying me the time off either. Everything is already bought and paid for and most of it is non-refundable.
That's the type of nightmare scenario where I'd consider my employment, but obviously you need a way to support yourself so easier said than done. In the future though if you have an emergency or something more important, just remember this and don't feel bad if you have to abruptly quit or get shit done.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Thing is I've been here 15 years and never had this problem before.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Thank God that's taken care of.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

It was the coldest June day in Sydney for 37 years yesterday. Now I have a cold. My throat is sore and my nose is sniffly. Last night was one of the worst nights I’ve had in a while.
For Emperor and Empire!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Got screamed at and threatened by an angry old man because I went in the wrong area on my bike. I couldn't see any indications anywhere telling me I even was in the wrong place. Wish this dang stuff was made clearer.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Today I learned about Megaloceros, and I thought the name sounded cool as hell, but when I went to google pictures of it, it turned out to be a fucking deer. Imagine my disappointment.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:14 pm Today I learned about Megaloceros, and I thought the name sounded cool as hell, but when I went to google pictures of it, it turned out to be a fucking deer. Imagine my disappointment.
A deer larger than the moose.

Now think about how dangerous moose are.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

A NECA Alien I ordered came in today! A clamshell original too!

......motherfucker snapped at the right arm and left foot almost instantly after I took him out.

44 dollars, right down the fucking drain.

RIP Evan.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:22 pm A NECA Alien I ordered came in today! A clamshell original too!

......motherfucker snapped at the right arm and left foot almost instantly after I took him out.

44 dollars, right down the fucking drain.
This is why I've reluctantly decided not to buy NECA toys anymore. As much as I've liked their Predators, there have been just enough incidents of breakage from using the toy's most basic features that I've called it quits. They list their goods as "non durable". Not even joking.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:14 pm Today I learned about Megaloceros, and I thought the name sounded cool as hell, but when I went to google pictures of it, it turned out to be a skreeonking deer. Imagine my disappointment.
This is the worst post I've seen in a long time. You're officially a bad person now.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Breakdown wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:14 pm Today I learned about Megaloceros, and I thought the name sounded cool as hell, but when I went to google pictures of it, it turned out to be a fucking deer. Imagine my disappointment.
You don't live in an area populated by moose, do you?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Hey, give him a break, at least moose didn't go extinct from their antlers getting stuck in trees.

but yeah, Megaloceros is pretty neat. Not super neat, maybe like 6 out of 10 on the "underrated Cenozoic Megafauna" scale, but it's neat.

RIP Evan.

SoggyNoodles2016

Finally going to bed after a shitty work day and finding out apparently, for like the THIRD time I can recall, some assholes are spreading around a fucking video of gore on sites to "shock" people, mainly children.

Just....what the fuck.

What makes people do this shit.

I'm fucking disgusted and going to bed just...disappointed in humanity. Just avoid any videos called DuckPack 51 with the thumbnail of a girl dancing. PSA for yall.

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Realizing that there's no suprises left for me to be, well, suprised by in Godzilla Singular point. I wish I was still like I was in 2019 where spoilers got me even more hyped.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Scott Cawthon, the creator of Five Nights at Freddy’s, is retiring.

Learned this about ~7 minutes ago and my mood has been totally ruined.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I bought a lock for my door because I'm tired of my parents disrespecting my space and messing with my things while I'm at work, only to find out it doesn't fit the door. It's gotten to the point where I have to downright hide my figures and plushies to get my parents to stop giving them to the kids. The building sets coming back to me with missing pieces is especially frustrating when they're expensive AF and I spend hours putting them together. Gonna have to look for another solution that isn't talking to my parents, because that never worked, nor will it ever. They plainly just don't care.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:15 am Scott Cawthon, the creator of Five Nights at Freddy’s, is retiring.

Learned this about ~7 minutes ago and my mood has been totally ruined.
Yeah that’s does sucks man, the Scott have been nothing but kind and supportive to his fanbase, I wonder what he’s gonna give his product to?

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Had a dear relative pass away from pulmonary fibrosis today.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Beast Blood wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:09 am I bought a lock for my door because I'm tired of my parents disrespecting my space and messing with my things while I'm at work, only to find out it doesn't fit the door. It's gotten to the point where I have to downright hide my figures and plushies to get my parents to stop giving them to the kids. The building sets coming back to me with missing pieces is especially frustrating when they're expensive AF and I spend hours putting them together. Gonna have to look for another solution that isn't talking to my parents, because that never worked, nor will it ever. They plainly just don't care.
That's terrible!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image