Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:39 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm
Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:46 am Dunno could this be the area he came ashore on this episode?
Making a complete spit ball of speculation, but I don't think that's Japan. Look at the yellow building to the right. That looks residential, and buildings like that probably aren't in Shibuya-Tokyo Area (where Godzilla currently is). While of course it still could just be Japan, the ridges under the window sill aren't typical of a lot of Japanese architecture I've seen on a day-to-day basis; most modern building designs tend to be sleeker and more industrial. Also, note the lack of Japanese flags on the helicopter. That could be anywhere I reckon.
That IS JSDF camofluage though-no other country uses a scheme like that on Cobra attack choppers. Remember this is set in 2030, so architecture might be different for the sake of the series.
Hmm, I take that back then, and you’re absolutely right.

The next episode feels ripe for some military destruction. I just hope they don’t devote it to the first minute of the episode and then cuck us for the rest...
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Is it just my rudimentary understanding of music theory, or is "alapu upala" a waltz?
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm We see that the skeleton is hooked up some wires, and most likely relay out of the room. The building Sato was investigating/working at, has giant radio towers that are most likely broadcasting the signal. The big question to all this, is....why? Why resurrect or bring back Godzilla? Or even put this plan into motion? What is there to benefit or do?
Might be some sort of eldritch-type deal, the skeleton speaking to the guy who runs the place/showing him the alternate universe of the monsters, manipulating him into a cult-type deal.

Also Professor Li is a MILF. Kinda think she might betray Mei later on tho.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm

Making a complete spit ball of speculation, but I don't think that's Japan. Look at the yellow building to the right. That looks residential, and buildings like that probably aren't in Shibuya-Tokyo Area (where Godzilla currently is). While of course it still could just be Japan, the ridges under the window sill aren't typical of a lot of Japanese architecture I've seen on a day-to-day basis; most modern building designs tend to be sleeker and more industrial. Also, note the lack of Japanese flags on the helicopter. That could be anywhere I reckon.
That IS JSDF camofluage though-no other country uses a scheme like that on Cobra attack choppers. Remember this is set in 2030, so architecture might be different for the sake of the series.

The next episode feels ripe for some military destruction. I just hope they don’t devote it to the first minute of the episode and then cuck us for the rest...
Another thing: This is the same exact loadout to the AH-1s seen in Shin Godzilla (FFAR Mighty Mouse Rocket Pods and 4X AT missiles), along with the same camo:
[Pic]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TUUpvbwJ9wo/ ... illa04.jpg[/Pic]

In fact a lot of the military action we've seen in the trailers and shots of Goji are reminiscent of Shin Godzilla.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

When thinking about the reasons why the production team decided to incorporate elements of other Toho Monsters into Godzilla's evolution stage. I found out that both Varan and Titanosaurus have something in common with Godzilla.

Varan:
Both monster's debut film was black and white rather than colored.

Both are worshipped as some kind of indeginous deity or legendary beast by people in remoted areas.

Some of Varan's roars, were modified Godzilla roars.

Titanosaurus:
Both are aquatic/semi-aquatic prehistoric creatures found by humanity.

Titanosaurus was one of few monsters that went back to the Orthodox. That is, Dinosaur-like monster in the last glory of Showa Era.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:32 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:50 pm

Another thing: This is the same exact loadout to the AH-1s seen in Shin Godzilla (FFAR Mighty Mouse Rocket Pods and 4X AT missiles), along with the same camo:
[Pic]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TUUpvbwJ9wo/ ... illa04.jpg[/Pic]

In fact a lot of the military action we've seen in the trailers and shots of Goji are reminiscent of Shin Godzilla.
Totally agree. Between the military shots, the red dust, the tail action, and some of the other water shots the thing reeks of Shin influence. Not in a bad way, of course. Well, I guess I'm more indifferent to it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

While I'm annoyed we haven't gotten to see much of Manda, I'm a bit forgiving, as a lot of it is explicitly in reference to older Japanese Yokai and monster mythos. As a viewer, and as someone who wants to see Manda's face, and them destroy stuff, it's a bit disappointing, but okay, I respect it.

Ikuchi and Ayashi:

Similarly, the Godzilla bones are now definitely a reference to the Bake Kujirai:

However, I think it's POSSIBLE, that the bones will begin to come alive and attack. Sounds crazy, but would be neat to integrate this somehow:

Godzilla Aquatalis was the flip side of that, with the traditional painting that's modified in the anime. In both cases, the Rodan link nicely.

Pretty obvious what the Kumonga creatures are going to be referencing, the Ushi-Oni

The Kamacuras/Gigan creatures are most likely based on this, a wind spirit that uses sickles to slash, often portrayed as a weasel but in some areas by Mantis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamaitachi

Long story short, as a Godzilla fan SP can be a tad frustrating when we just want to see the monsters and them fight, as of episode 7. However, I really respect some of the integration of tying everything into a cohesive Japanese mythos, while also keeping things modern and fresh.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 05, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:18 pm While I'm annoyed we haven't gotten to see much of Manda, I'm a bit forgiving, as a lot of it is explicitly in reference to older Japanese Yokai and monster mythos. As a viewer, and as someone who wants to see Manda's face, and them destroy stuff, it's a bit disappointing, but okay, I respect it.

Ikuchi and Ayashi:

Similarly, the Godzilla bones are now definitely a reference to the Bake Kujirai:

However, I think it's POSSIBLE, that the bones will begin to come alive and attack. Sounds crazy, but would be neat to integrate this somehow:

Godzilla Aquatalis was the flip side of that, with the traditional painting that's modified in the anime. In both cases, the Rodan link nicely.

Pretty obvious what the Kumonga creatures are going to be referencing, the Ushi-Oni

The Kamacuras/Gigan creatures are most likely based on this, a wind spirit that uses sickles to slash, often portrayed as a weasel but in some areas by Mantis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamaitachi

Long story short, as a Godzilla fan SP can be a tad frustrating when we just want to see the monsters and them fight, as of episode 7. However, I really respect some of the integration of tying everything into a cohesive Japanese mythos, while also keeping things modern and fresh.
The ropey marine creature is the "oilfish" yokai right? secretes enormous amounts of oil and sinks ships with it>

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Spoilers!
Hi!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Gotschiller wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:21 am Spoilers!
It seems SP Godzilla's atomic breath destruction scene will be very similar to that of Shin Godzilla's.
And there are several shots of Godzilla silhouette that doesn't look like neither Aquatilis nor Ultima. Could it be "Godzilla C" ?

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Perhaps both lineages of Godzilla are competing for dominance. What if the skeleton is an earlier Godzilla in our world and it's Ultima?

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

From the website:

Added in 53 minutes 41 seconds:
And here he is!
https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 6830361603
Hi!

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Preorders when

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Interesting. Gorgeous art of Aquitilis by the way.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Godzilla Amphibia?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

vastatosaurus wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 am Godzilla Amphibia?
I'm just imagining that thing rampaging across the Amphibia tv series that's on Disney right now. :lol:

It kinda reminds me of Kamata Kun for some reason.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Godzilla Amphivia is the new form!!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Looks cool actually. Wonder if it actually has powers. More and more I wonder if the baddies are being manipulated by the Hedorah/Yog hybrid and Ultima is going to face Godzilla C. Maybe Ultima evolves from the skeleton or C. It's interesting that the skeleton is alive.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Thu May 06, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

imposterzilla wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 am Looks cool actually. Wonder if it actually has powers.
In the newly-released music video, we can see Amphibia exhaling blue smoke.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:39 am
vastatosaurus wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 am Godzilla Amphibia?
I'm just imagining that thing rampaging across the Amphibia tv series that's on Disney right now. :lol:

It kinda reminds me of Kamata Kun for some reason.
I mean it basically IS SP's version of Kama-Kun, with Aquatalis being the unseen 1st form that surfaces in Tokyo bay

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:32 am
imposterzilla wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 am Looks cool actually. Wonder if it actually has powers.
In the newly-released music video, we can see Amphibia exhaling blue smoke.
Interesting. Thought the name would be something like “Godzilla Aerolitus” but Amphibia sounds way cooler

Also, Varan finally has powers after decades of being just an overgrown flying squirrel :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: