Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Denis
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 6)

Post by Denis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:14 am
Denis wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:02 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am
It's honestly a bit confusing. The transformation begins to happen right when Godzilla Aquatalis (A) kills one of the Manda, but that also happens right as Godzilla A leaves the water. Seems like it absorbed the Manda though, but I'm actually not even sure what happens. We see Godzilla B briefly, with the Varan frills, but then it stops. We later see and are told that Godzilla has stopped moving (hah), and if you look carefully, you can see the Varan face.

I'm excited to see Godzilla Ultima, and I know we'll get a lot with it, but damn I just want a little more with A and B. This felt like a screw up. The series has been good at showcasing the monsters when they're relevant, but for whatever reason they've been really selectively showing off Manda and the Godzilla forms...
I’m also hearing Ultima might be 45 meters tall. Someone told me on Discord, but for some reason they didn’t show what image they translated, so I’m somewhat skeptical of that rumor.
Maybe the current form is that big, but I'd be skeptical of that. Might just be eyeballing the relative size to the building. 45 meters is still big, especially if he's got world ending powers, but we need to see.

Also, I re-checked the trailer. Salunga isn't dead I don't think (thank god) because there's a scene in the trailer where he's absolutely huge (like way bigger than he currently is). And there are still more Manda thankfully. Looking over the trailer, I'm realizing we've seen mostly everything that's gone on so far sans the Hedorah and bug creatures, as well as Godzilla Ultima. I originally thought they'd spend more time on Aqutalis and Varan, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get lucky and get Ultima or Varan next episode.
I’m very skeptical as well. The person never provided anything and just said 45 meters tall. But again we shall wait.

JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 6)

Post by JNewbold54 »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:46 am
Maybe there is some sort of time-loop/time-travel thing going on and the skeleton is actually the same Godzilla as Aquatilis.
I had been considering that possibility, though so far only light has been shown to be able to go back in time.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by Gotschiller »

One thing i love, is that i still have no idea what those Insect/Gigan/Megalon/Spider- and Hedorah-like kaiju are all about. Nor how Salunga is ultimately going to play into everything. And what has Alapu Upala to do with all of this?
Hi!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Streaming now at lunch. Lots of Shin Gojira influence I'm seeing. LOVING the score in the first scene.

I would never fly with the Rodan swarm out there...

I would also never mess with that skeleton. At best you could be on the hook for...potentially hundreds of millions of dollars? At worst you somehow create a new kaiju with all the weirdness going on. These people are insane. I'd find somewhere safe to camp out until this is all over lol. As long as the power's on, I'm good.

ROFL I KNEW THEY WERE ABOUT TO PULL OUT THE OXYGEN DESTROYER. How did that not kill the humans though? Not sure if I like it being the OD but man that animation was sick! Probably my favorite scene yet.

Did they just call the OD something else?

A little annoyed we only saw Aquatalis and Manda briefly.

Added in 19 minutes 46 seconds:
Also, this series may contain my favorite Godzilla score since the Millenium series! I'd arguably put Shin up there too, but the music in this movie really strikes me as being influenced by Ifukube and Oshima.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Wed May 05, 2021 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 am ROFL I KNEW THEY WERE ABOUT TO PULL OUT THE OXYGEN DESTROYER. How did that not kill the humans though? Not sure if I like it being the OD but man that animation was sick! Probably my favorite scene yet.

I thought it's the "Orthogonal Diagonalizer"?
Hi!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 am
shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 am ROFL I KNEW THEY WERE ABOUT TO PULL OUT THE OXYGEN DESTROYER. How did that not kill the humans though? Not sure if I like it being the OD but man that animation was sick! Probably my favorite scene yet.

I had to look up with that means but it seems to make a lick of sense.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:53 am

Elaborate?
Last edited by imposterzilla on Wed May 05, 2021 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Fucking Varan and the OD. SP has already become one of my favorite Godzilla things ever and we haven’t even seen Godzilla yet :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

imposterzilla wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 am
shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:53 am

Elaborate?
"Orthogonal" seems to mean "of or involving right angles; at right angles." I think that aspect is clearly present in the weapon we just saw.
"Diagonalize" means "to put (a matrix) in a form with all the nonzero elements along the diagonal from upper left to lower right"

This is really math-heavy stuff and is beyond the courses I have taken. I'm going to look into this and see if I can comprehend it.

Yeah I think this is a bit too much for me. The last time I did math was for Statistics in Behavioral Psychology. I'm just missing prerequisite knowledge necessary to understand this.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Wed May 05, 2021 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

We got fully legged Jet Jaguar sooner than i expected.
Hi!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yo bro, what if we...bro listen. Bro. What if, bro, we took Titanosaurus, and then, bro, made him EVOLVE into Varan...but get this... They're, bro, they're forms of Godzilla. And Gabara's a monkey.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:38 am Yo bro, what if we...bro listen. Bro. What if, bro, we took Titanosaurus, and then, bro, made him EVOLVE into Varan...but get this... They're, bro, they're forms of Godzilla. And Gabara's a monkey.
Hate to break it to ya bro, but they beat us to it bro.
Hi!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Hey Varan have a something to do in the Godzilla Series Instead of being a cameo for 5 seconds

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:03 am We got fully legged Jet Jaguar sooner than i expected.
Yeah, I was surprised by the pacing in this episode, a lot of things happened a lot quicker than I originally thought. I still wonder if it’s the “final” Jet Jaguar. I could see him grown in size or something, but who knows.
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:42 pm Hey Varan have a something to do in the Godzilla Series Instead of being a cameo for 5 seconds
My biggest fear is that will be the case :?

Added in 2 minutes 46 seconds:
shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 amAlso, this series may contain my favorite Godzilla score since the Millenium series! I'd arguably put Shin up there too, but the music in this movie really strikes me as being influenced by Ifukube and Oshima.
Yeah. There’s a really nice remix of the Godzilla theme that plays when Yun and Havel are walking back to Ootaki factory after the police station.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:18 am Alapu Upala
What?

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

imposterzilla wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:23 pm
What?
Hi!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:30 pm
imposterzilla wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:23 pm
What?
Was this song created specifically for this anime or is there some history behind it?

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:45 pm Was this song created specifically for this anime or is there some history behind it?
It was created for this anime.

Performed by Annette Philip
Lyrics by Goro Matsui
Composed and arranged by Kan Sawada
Hi!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:46 am Dunno could this be the area he came ashore on this episode?
Making a complete spit ball of speculation, but I don't think that's Japan. Look at the yellow building to the right. That looks residential, and buildings like that probably aren't in Shibuya-Tokyo Area (where Godzilla currently is). While of course it still could just be Japan, the ridges under the window sill aren't typical of a lot of Japanese architecture I've seen on a day-to-day basis; most modern building designs tend to be sleeker and more industrial. Also, note the lack of Japanese flags on the helicopter. That could be anywhere I reckon.

Also, I just noticed. Look at Godzilla's pupils. They're oddly white. Is it possible that's Salunga, having transformed into Godzilla?
Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:30 pm
Song is an ear worm.

I reckon the song is some weird "realization" of Godzilla's brainwaves or radio waves. Or reversely, a different song. Maybe a song for Hedorah? Or some other monster? I have a feeling there's a big good monster that we hasn't been revealed yet.

We see that the skeleton is hooked up some wires, and most likely relay out of the room. The building Sato was investigating/working at, has giant radio towers that are most likely broadcasting the signal. The big question to all this, is....why? Why resurrect or bring back Godzilla? Or even put this plan into motion? What is there to benefit or do?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 05, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm
Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:46 am Dunno could this be the area he came ashore on this episode?
Making a complete spit ball of speculation, but I don't think that's Japan. Look at the yellow building to the right. That looks residential, and buildings like that probably aren't in Shibuya-Tokyo Area (where Godzilla currently is). While of course it still could just be Japan, the ridges under the window sill aren't typical of a lot of Japanese architecture I've seen on a day-to-day basis; most modern building designs tend to be sleeker and more industrial. Also, note the lack of Japanese flags on the helicopter. That could be anywhere I reckon.
That IS JSDF camofluage though-no other country uses a scheme like that on Cobra attack choppers. Remember this is set in 2030, so architecture might be different for the sake of the series.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D