Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 6)

Post by Gotschiller »

Less than an hour till episode 7! I predict there will be no big action scene this time. Maybe i'm wrong. :shrug:

Also, the full version of 「in case...」 will be released digitally at the same time.
https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_SP/status/ ... 1148131332
Hi!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:05 am Less than an hour till episode 7! I predict there will be no big action scene this time. Maybe i'm wrong. :shrug:
I hope so. This is episode 7, literally the halfway point in the series. It's where my "good faith" in the series will either be made or broken. There's been solid stuff all around, but damn, we really need some more of Godzilla himself.

This is really the time to up the military action and scale of the entire thing. With Gon, Yun and Jet Jaguar effectively knocked out, and Li and Mei heading to London, now is the time to really kick things off, and it's excusable to focus an episode mostly on the monsters.

I'll be happy if the episode focuses mostly on Godzilla Aquatalis and/or the Mandas rampage. If that's all the episode is about, minus maybe building up the insect monsters, I'll be super happy. See you all on the flip-side!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:05 am Also, the full version of 「in case...」 will be released digitally at the same time.
https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_SP/status/ ... 1148131332
LWETS GOGOGOLGOGOGOOOOO

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, episode 7 confirmed my best and worst realizations of the series, but it strangely feels like this was all one elaborate prologue.

It's disappointing we didn't get to see more of Aquatalis. I'll be more pissed if the Varan thing is literally just that one shot. I really, really hope this isn't all we see of Manda. And really, Salunga, you were briefly so cool. Why'd they have to do you dirty.

I really like this series, I really do, but watching it week on week, and seeing some of the monsters not get much screen time makes me a bit annoyed. Oh well, Jet Jaguar and Ootaki Crew are cool at least.

Flipping through the episode again: Godzilla Aquatalis munching on the Manda, and then the blood splattering was awesome, but that's the type of thing that should have been a few extra minutes long, not a one and done type of thing...Even if some of the Manda later attack, that was the time to fully show both monsters off, especially if that's the last we see of Godzilla Aquatalis.

Also, what a unique way to work corona into the narrative. Although it's not "corona", there's similar themes of outbreaks of Rodan throughout the world, and red dust, which causes people to wear masks. Some of the panic buying in the episode is also reminiscent of that.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 05, 2021 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 am Well, episode 7 confirmed my best and worst realizations of the series, but it strangely feels like this was all one elaborate prologue.

It's disappointing we didn't get to see more of Aquatalis. I'll be more pissed if the Varan thing is literally just that one shot. I really, really hope this isn't all we see of Manda. And really, Salunga, you were briefly so cool. Why'd they have to do you dirty.

I really like this series, I really do, but watching it week on week, and seeing some of the monsters not get much screen time makes me a bit annoyed. Oh well, Jet Jaguar and Ootaki Crew are cool at least.

Flipping through the episode again: Godzilla Aquatalis munching on the Manda, and then the blood splattering was awesome, but that's the type of thing that should have been a few extra minutes long, not a one and done type of thing...Even if some of the Manda later attack, that was the time to fully show both monsters off, especially if that's the last we see of Godzilla Aquatalis.

Also, what a unique way to work corona into the narrative. Although it's not "corona", there's similar themes of outbreaks of Rodan throughout the world, and red dust, which causes people to wear masks. Some of the panic buying in the episode is also reminiscent of that.
Ngl, I wasn’t expecting much on those forms. Much like how did with Shin Godzilla. Also doesn’t the Manda corpse help Godzilla evolve or something just asking?
Last edited by Denis on Wed May 05, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Denis wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:48 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 am Well, episode 7 confirmed my best and worst realizations of the series, but it strangely feels like this was all one elaborate prologue.

Ngl, I wasn’t expecting much on those forms. Much like how did with Shin Godzilla.
I figure that's why they didn't call it "Titanosaurus". People would be disappointed if Titanosaurus basically did nothing, other than chase the Manda on sea and then transform. I get it, but come on now, just have a little more! Kamata-kun destroyed some buildings and cars!

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:50 am
Denis wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:48 am

Ngl, I wasn’t expecting much on those forms. Much like how did with Shin Godzilla.
I figure that's why they didn't call it "Titanosaurus". People would be disappointed if Titanosaurus basically did nothing, other than chase the Manda on sea and then transform. I get it, but come on now, just have a little more! Kamata-kun destroyed some buildings and cars!
Wait so question, does Godzilla evolve because he killed Manda or something? Also does Godzilla evolve again in the episode or do we just see Godzilla B, and that’s it?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Denis wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:54 am Wait so question, does Godzilla evolve because he killed Manda or something? Also does Godzilla evolve again in the episode or do we just see Godzilla B, and that’s it?
It's honestly a bit confusing. The transformation begins to happen right when Godzilla Aquatalis (A) kills one of the Manda, but that also happens right as Godzilla A leaves the water. Seems like it absorbed the Manda though, but I'm actually not even sure what happens. We see Godzilla B briefly, with the Varan frills, but then it stops. We later see and are told that Godzilla has stopped moving (hah), and if you look carefully, you can see the Varan face.

I'm excited to see Godzilla Ultima, and I know we'll get a lot with it, but damn I just want a little more with A and B. This felt like a screw up. The series has been good at showcasing the monsters when they're relevant, but for whatever reason they've been really selectively showing off Manda and the Godzilla forms...

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am
Denis wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:54 am Wait so question, does Godzilla evolve because he killed Manda or something? Also does Godzilla evolve again in the episode or do we just see Godzilla B, and that’s it?
It's honestly a bit confusing. The transformation begins to happen right when Godzilla Aquatalis (A) kills one of the Manda, but that also happens right as Godzilla A leaves the water. Seems like it absorbed the Manda though, but I'm actually not even sure what happens. We see Godzilla B briefly, with the Varan frills, but then it stops. We later see and are told that Godzilla has stopped moving (hah), and if you look carefully, you can see the Varan face.

I'm excited to see Godzilla Ultima, and I know we'll get a lot with it, but damn I just want a little more with A and B. This felt like a screw up. The series has been good at showcasing the monsters when they're relevant, but for whatever reason they've been really selectively showing off Manda and the Godzilla forms...
I’m also hearing Ultima might be 45 meters tall. Someone told me on Discord, but for some reason they didn’t show what image they translated, so I’m somewhat skeptical of that rumor.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Denis wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:02 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am

I’m also hearing Ultima might be 45 meters tall. Someone told me on Discord, but for some reason they didn’t show what image they translated, so I’m somewhat skeptical of that rumor.
Maybe the current form is that big, but I'd be skeptical of that. Might just be eyeballing the relative size to the building. 45 meters is still big, especially if he's got world ending powers, but we need to see.

Also, I re-checked the trailer. Salunga isn't dead I don't think (thank god) because there's a scene in the trailer where he's absolutely huge (like way bigger than he currently is). And there are still more Manda thankfully. Looking over the trailer, I'm realizing we've seen mostly everything that's gone on so far sans the Hedorah and bug creatures, as well as Godzilla Ultima. I originally thought they'd spend more time on Aqutalis and Varan, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get lucky and get Ultima or Varan next episode.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

"Varan" isn't Varan, it's Godzilla's second form.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Whew, that was quite an episode. :applause: The Jet Jaguar thumbs up alone made this one of the best episodes. Excited for next time.
Hi!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

I don't think Sarunga is dead. He was keep snarling and showing anger even after he was, penetrated? The material which penetrated him seems very fragile so he will survive eventually.

So, my wish came true. Manda fighting Aquatilis scene was there. But it was extremely brief!!! Should I be disappointed? LOL

So the Varan must be "Godzilla B" from the MMS leak. There gotta be one more form, Godzilla C, before we finally get to see Ultima. We already predicted this Varan looking Godzilla. How will Godzilla C look like? We haven't seen any hint from trailers.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Vandarker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:17 am "Varan" isn't Varan, it's Godzilla's second form.
Obviously :roll:

But I’m calling it that because it’s clearly “Varan”, and intended to be a very obvious reference to it. Until I’m given a name to call it, it’ll be Godzilla Varan to me.

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
vastatosaurus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:25 am I don't think Sarunga is dead. He was keep snarling and showing anger even after he was, penetrated? The material which penetrated him seems very fragile so he will survive eventually.

So, my wish came true. Manda fighting Aquatilis scene was there. But it was extremely brief!!! Should I be disappointed? LOL

So the Varan must be "Godzilla B" from the MMS leak. There gotta be one more form, Godzilla C, before we finally get to see Ultima. We already predicted this Varan looking Godzilla. How will Godzilla C look like? We haven't seen any hint from trailers.
I’m a bit disappointed with the Aquatalis vs Manda. It was a bit bloody though, so I’m happy about that.

I wonder with C. It’s possible that there’s a jape involved, or that shots we think are Ultima are really “C”. It’s possible, that Salunga might turn into Godzilla or something similar. Likewise, a final Rodan form? Hmmm. In any case I genuinely don’t know how things will play out at this point.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:26 am
Vandarker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:17 am "Varan" isn't Varan, it's Godzilla's second form.

But I’m calling it that because it’s clearly “Varan”, and intended to be a very obvious reference to it. Until I’m given a name to call it, it’ll be Godzilla Varan to me.
It even has Varan's roar.
Hi!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:29 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:26 am

It even has Varan's roar.
Really? I'm not familiar with Varan's roar so I didn't notice.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:29 amIt even has Varan's roar.
Oh yeah, I noticed that instantly while watching, but then I forgot about that. Strange that it didn’t make Titanosaurus roars too, but then again he has one of the worst roads ever. Jet Jaguar also clearly has his sounds now too.

I think the reason why they’ve made the forms older monsters (Titanosaurus, Varan) is so they can bring back/incorporate those monsters in fun ways, while still focusing on “Godzilla”. Another speculative thing, is that technically we have two Godzilla’s in the narrative. I don’t just mean Godzilla Aquatalis, but also the bones.

Has it occurred to people that Ultima, and the Godzilla we have seen in some of the posters/trailers, are two separate beings? Or maybe Godzilla Ultima is buffed by the OD?

One thing I’m glad though, is that even if Angurius doesn’t reappear, his horn spear will kick ass, so he’ll continue to exist spiritually.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Are they organizing huge plot twist that there is indeed a secret, ultimate Godzilla form we don't know yet??? But, the MMS figure is already released with the name tag Godzilla Ultima.
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Wed May 05, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:31 am Really? I'm not familiar with Varan's roar so I didn't notice.
Yes, i'm not lying. Trust me. :lol: Varan's roars are similar to Baragon's and Gorosaurus'. Especially the ones that were released on SFX-CD's years ago. They are more different in the movies.
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:36 amHas it occurred to people that Ultima, and the Godzilla we have seen in some of the posters/trailers, are two separate beings? Or maybe Godzilla Ultima is buffed by the OD?
Maybe there is some sort of time-loop/time-travel thing going on and the skeleton is actually the same Godzilla as Aquatilis.

Dunno could this be the area he came ashore on this episode?
Hi!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 7)

Post by imposterzilla »

What if Ultima fights Godzilla C?