The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:33 am Who here has seen the new KWC banner?
Told Seaguns he could post it, but should have realized those that follow him are also on the forums. To those interested, check out the new main banner of the K.W.C.!

It should be on the site in the next week or so. Took a while to create but it was definitely worth it! Now to those curious, we actually made the back template separate so we are hoping to update this image with a new set of 10 "combatants" with their own theme early next year. For this set of 10, the theme was "Legendary Monsters".
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Greyshot151 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:26 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:33 am Who here has seen the new KWC banner?
Told Seaguns he could post it, but should have realized those that follow him are also on the forums. To those interested, check out the new main banner of the K.W.C.!

It should be on the site in the next week or so. Took a while to create but it was definitely worth it! Now to those curious, we actually made the back template separate so we are hoping to update this image with a new set of 10 "combatants" with their own theme early next year. For this set of 10, the theme was "Legendary Monsters".
Holy crap that looks cool!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:26 am Now to those curious, we actually made the back template separate so we are hoping to update this image with a new set of 10 "combatants" with their own theme early next year. For this set of 10, the theme was "Legendary Monsters".
Back Template?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The buildings and text. That way, we only have to change the monster images and icons for every new theme.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 am The buildings and text. That way, we only have to change the monster images and icons for every new theme.
Ah, I see. So when theme months happen, the buildings and standard background will remain the same, but the characters/theme color will change?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:57 am
MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 am The buildings and text. That way, we only have to change the monster images and icons for every new theme.
Ah, I see. So when theme months happen, the buildings and standard background will remain the same, but the characters/theme color will change?
I should clarify.

So for instance lets say we do a Villians theme with SpaceGodzilla, Iris, Shin Godzilla, etc. Then we would add/make a gif which goes back and forth between the Legendary theme and the Villians theme. It wouldn't be tied to any specific KWC matches.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

That banner looks amazing and i need it on my shelf.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:02 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:57 am
I should clarify.

So for instance lets say we do a Villians theme with SpaceGodzilla, Iris, Shin Godzilla, etc. Then we would add/make a gif which goes back and forth between the Legendary theme and the Villians theme. It wouldn't be tied to any specific KWC matches.
Ah, I see. That’ll be cool to see!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Apologies for being stupid but can I get a link again to that survey so I know who else is coming after the likes of Showa Godzilla, Legendary Kong and Rathalos?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 am Apologies for being stupid but can I get a link again to that survey so I know who else is coming after the likes of Showa Godzilla, Legendary Kong and Rathalos?
There's King Cobra, Kaishin Muba, and Millennium Baragon.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:39 am
godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 am Apologies for being stupid but can I get a link again to that survey so I know who else is coming after the likes of Showa Godzilla, Legendary Kong and Rathalos?
Don’t forget Ts-eh-GO
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:39 am
Thanks

Gyirin
Yojimbo

Post by Gyirin »

Is Monsterverse Mechagodzilla gonna be added?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gyirin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am Is Monsterverse Mechagodzilla gonna be added?
Yes. He is greenlit for you to write matches for. ;)

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Gyirin wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 am Is Monsterverse Mechagodzilla gonna be added?
All I can say is...

—Epsilon

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Greyshot151 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:26 am

I know i'm a bit late to the party but...wow. Lovin' the new banner! Helps that my favorite designs of all these monsters are on it :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match is out, a nice short one that’s pretty good. I think Kumonga was who everyone was expecting Ts-eh-GO to fight eventually.

I look forward to what can be done with our new combatant, and this match used him quite well.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
That Ts-eh-GO model is beautiful, i wanna make a 3D copy of it and put it on my shelf.

Anyway, nice match all around! TeG's gonna make a wonderful combatant to have... also, we've gotten three newcomers in a row. Who wants to be Kaishin Muba or King Cobra's showing up next?

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Pretty simple match, not bad.
Spoiler:
Nice to have yet another addition to the roster (who isn't on the roster yet either.)

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The new match was badass! And Ts-eh-GO finally enters the roster!
Spoiler:
A little bummed that Kumonga lost, but no biggie. Ts-eh-GO deserves a victorious first match.