Mechagodzilla (Monsterverse) vs Godzilla (Heisei)

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Mechagodzilla (Monsterverse) vs Godzilla (Heisei)

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

....honestly, I'm suprised it took this long to do it.

Mechagodzilla

Godzilla

Arena: Hokkaido

Rules: 120 meters Mechagodzilla, Godzilla is 1993 w/o Spiral Beam. (Potentially, might bring it up for discussion and edit it back in)

Verdict: This really comes down to how Mechagodzilla reacts to beams (he never got hit by MV Goji in the fight) so I'm gonna abstain but leaning Mechagodzilla since his style is a nightmare for any Heisei kaiju.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mechagodzilla (Monsterverse) vs Godzilla (Heisei)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I'm gonna give this to Heisei Godzilla. He lifted and threw a 150,000 metric-ton Heisei MechaGodzilla with little resistance, and his atomic ray is gonna be very explosive towards MV Mecha G's armor. Kong's radiation-charged axe pierced his armor with no faults, and MV Godzilla never blasted Mecha G with his heat ray, so I can only assume that Heisei Godzilla's heat ray would be just as bad if not worse than Kong's axe towards his armor plating. And if he brings out his Spiral Atomic Ray which he used to decapitate Heisei King Ghidorah, Mecha G's in for even more trouble. Furthermore, Heisei Godzilla's got a healing factor; every wound MV Mecha G inflicts will regenerate in rapid order before Big G retaliates heavily.

And if MechaGodzilla manages to wring Godzilla in a headlock or hold him down with seemingly no way out?

Ask King Ghidorah how well that went.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Heisei is going to get utterly bodied by Mechagodzilla, and while the nuclear pulses and beams are going to be annoying, they won't be doing enough to save him from getting beaten into a coma. The one saving grace, and a funny one to think about, is that Mechagodzilla cannot easily try to do a Kiss of Death on Heisei here because he'll either get pulsed away or get an atomic breath to the face. That being said, given how even the likes of Heisei Mothra and Battra didn't care too much about the atomic ray (Until the latter got gnawed into, THEN blasted into the wound), I think Mechagodzilla can take a few atomic rays just fine, and utterly decimate Heisei.
I'm gonna give this to Heisei Godzilla. He lifted and threw a 150,000 metric-ton Heisei MechaGodzilla with little resistance, and his atomic ray is gonna be very explosive towards MV Mecha G's armor. Kong's radiation-charged axe pierced his armor with no faults, and MV Godzilla never blasted Mecha G with his heat ray, so I can only assume that Heisei Godzilla's heat ray would be just as bad if not worse than Kong's axe towards his armor plating. And if he brings out his Spiral Atomic Ray which he used to decapitate Heisei King Ghidorah, Mecha G's in for even more trouble. Furthermore, Heisei Godzilla's got a healing factor; every wound MV Mecha G inflicts will regenerate in rapid order before Big G retaliates heavily.
1. Yes, Heisei is THAT strong, but you have to remember he only did that to a Mechagodzilla who was incapacitated at the moment and unable to fight back as Heisei walked up and began bumping into him. Against a Mechagodzilla who is light years more agile and physically capable than he is, Heisei isn't getting that chance.

2. Heisei Godzilla's atomic ray isn't all that potent, given how many kaiju shrug off blows from it constantly (The aftermentioned Mothra and Battra, Heisei Ghidorah prior to nuclear pulse weakening, Spacegodzilla...)Really, it's just Biollante (hilariously fragile), Rodan (Poor bird) and Destoroyah who are shown to take any real damage from the standard atomic ray, and in the latter's case that's Meltdown Godzilla. Kong's axe without being supercharged wasn't doing much of anything to Mechagodzilla aside from staggering him a bit.

3. I've mentioned this before in prior FM's, but I'll bring it back up here: HEISEI NEEDS AN OUTSIDE POWER SOURCE TO BE ABLE TO USE THE SPIRAL RAY. In GvKG, the blue spiral ray, used ONCE in the entire movie, was only after he got supercharged from the submarine. GvMG2, once Rodan gave up his life force. GvSG, SG's own runaway energies being leaked into Godzilla. There's nothing here for Godzilla to absorb, so no spiral ray.

4. Yes, he has a healing factor, but that's not going to save him, especially from being knocked out cold or just plain succumbing to enough pain and damage. Mothra and Battra were able to subdue Godzilla with enough blasting, and the Proton Scream is leagues more potent than what the moths have.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Heisei would probably win if he did have the Red Spiral Ray. But he’s restricted to his regular beam here, which monsters much less durable than MV MechaG have withstood well.

If Heisei’s strength was put on a Godzilla with the flexibility and speed of Showa or MV, you would have something utterly busted and an absolute terror to face. Unfortunately the FMs demand absolute rigidity with what is in the movies and that alone, and Kawakita did not make flexible suits. I still don’t think Heisei’s helpless in melee in the FMs, he was clearly able to grab and throw other kaiju around, but against something as absurdly fast as MechaG who’s capable of hurling around 100,000 tons of Legendary Godzilla like it’s a sack of shit, he’s not winning there.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Giratina93 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:23 pm
3. I've mentioned this before in prior FM's, but I'll bring it back up here: HEISEI NEEDS AN OUTSIDE POWER SOURCE TO BE ABLE TO USE THE SPIRAL RAY. In GvKG, the blue spiral ray, used ONCE in the entire movie, was only after he got supercharged from the submarine. GvMG2, once Rodan gave up his life force. GvSG, SG's own runaway energies being leaked into Godzilla. There's nothing here for Godzilla to absorb, so no spiral ray.
I’ve never heard a source of any kind say that his Red Spiral Ray (which he isn’t even using here to begin with) in GvSG is from him absorbing SpaceGodzilla’s energy.

As far as the Indigo Spiral Ray that he uses to decapitate King Ghidorah, there’s nothing to suggest that he can’t use that particular attack again in the future, considering this IS supercharged Godzilla in this Fantasy Match, AND he used normal atomic rays against the three-headed monster prior to improvising and using his Spiral Ray.

As for the atomic ray potency, I must politely disagree.

SpaceGodzilla recoiled and howled in pain when directly struck by Godzilla’s atomic ray. Battra got absolutely pummeled by just three atomic rays, and would have died then and there had Mothra not intervened. Mothra herself was able to reflect his atomic breath with her scales; she only ever got hit by the atomic ray once in the entire fight. It hurt her, but she kept going. I take that moment more as a testament to Mothra’s durability than the heat ray’s weakness.

Yes, the Proton Scream is formidable and would certainly slug Godzilla on his bum, but prism beams and Mothra’s Beam Pulsar aren’t the only things Big G has endured and kept going. Do remember this is the same Godzilla who powered through Biollante’s radioactive acid which ate and burned away at his skin, King Ghidorah’s highly explosive Gravity Beams and Heisei MechaGodzilla’s mega busters, plasma grenades (which were extremely powerful), laser cannons and shock anchors.

SoggyNoodles2016

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:02 pm
I’ve never heard a source of any kind say that his Red Spiral Ray (which he isn’t even using here to begin with) in GvSG is from him absorbing SpaceGodzilla’s energy.
This was discovered a while ago from more accurate translations of GvSG. It's specfically stated the reason Spacegodzilla is getting weaker is Godzilla is absorbing more and more energy until he uses the Sprial Ray. I think it might be on Wikizilla as well? Have to check.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:01 am
This was discovered a while ago from more accurate translations of GvSG. It's specfically stated the reason Spacegodzilla is getting weaker is Godzilla is absorbing more and more energy until he uses the Sprial Ray. I think it might be on Wikizilla as well? Have to check.
Ah, okay.

How strange. On almost every plot description I've seen for the movie, its always been described as Rodan's life force.

I guess those must be older translations.

SoggyNoodles2016

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:09 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:01 am

Ah, okay.

How strange. On almost every plot description I've seen for the movie, its always been described as Rodan's life force.

I guess those must be older translations.
Well, that radiation DID keep him alive ;)

Anyway, I've decided that MG has this. Godzilla really isn't gonna enjoy getting beat, not to mention that Proton Scream + butt brain= BAAAAAAAD news. And if you say how Ghidorah/Mechagodzilla is supposed to know, he doesn't, any shot to the lower body could easily burn far enough to hit it and if a NORMAL punch will likely knock Godzilla down........

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

This would be hilariously one-sided for Mechagodzilla if it wasn't for one key factor: Godzilla's nuclear pulse. That single-handedly saves Godzilla here. MG has the speed to dodge/beam-lock G's ray, so he will absolutely get in close and begin methodically punching G's shit in. Once that happens and Godzilla realizes how utterly screwed he is, the pulse will come out, and MG will be on his ass and probably missing a limb, maybe worse. His durability is clearly nothing special, so a blast like that will be devastating for him. Godzilla then has good odds of finishing the job with his ray before MG can get going again.

It's close, though. Mechagodzilla's speed might save him from the pulse if he sees it coming or Godzilla's timing is off, but I think it will connect more often than not.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Heisei would win if he actually had longer arms.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:40 am His durability is clearly nothing special, so a blast like that will be devastating for him. Godzilla then has good odds of finishing the job with his ray before MG can get going again.
MV MG's durability may not be as high as LPG's own, but that doesn't suddenly mean he's only average in durability. The un-charged axe swings from Kong only staggered him, and it took the axe being fully empowered to actually begin afflicting damage to the machine. Said fully charged axe was also able to cut deep into Godzilla's thigh and had enough force behind it to put Godzilla down for a solid minute. Contrast with the Heisei beam and nuclear pulse which... don't have much in the way of good showings for them. Yes the pulse softened up Heisei Ghidorah... when he was literally wrapped around Godzilla like a python. Otherwise, it only blasted Mothra back, sent back the energy from Heisei MG, and blew up the incredibly fragile Biollante's tendrils. And if Heisei Mothra can shrug off a nuclear pulse or two, MV Mechagodzilla absolutely can, and unless he's literally bear hugging Godzilla when the pulse goes off, I don't see the same structural weakening happening to him, except maybe on the hands themselves if he tries to go for a Kiss of Death.

It also ignores the fact that Heisei HAS succumbed to firepower far less than what MV MG is packing in the past. As I mentioned before, Mothra and Battra's combined assault was enough to put him down, as was SMG's constant bombardment. if MV Mechagodzilla gets to pummel the shit out of Godzilla or blast him a few too many times with the Proton Scream, Godzilla's going down and likely going unconscious...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Giratina93 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:37 pm Yes the pulse softened up Heisei Ghidorah... when he was literally wrapped around Godzilla like a python.
'Softened up' is a funny way to spell d e c a p i t a t e d. :P But I agree that the pulse only works here if it goes off at point-blank range while MG is grappling with Godzilla. And even if he does only lose his hands, that's still his main weapon gone. Beam Wars are Heisei Godzilla's bread and butter, so he stands a chance in a ranged fight, particularly given how quick he can snap shots off.

SoggyNoodles2016

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Giratina93 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:37 pm Yes the pulse softened up Heisei Ghidorah... when he was literally wrapped around Godzilla like a python.
'Softened up' is a funny way to spell d e c a p i t a t e d. :P
OK, this may just be my lack of sleep making me dumb and misunderstand your point but the Nuclear Pulse didn't decapitate Ghidorah, the beam did.
Beam Wars are Heisei Godzilla's bread and butter, so he stands a chance in a ranged fight, particularly given how quick he can snap shots off.
Well, then this raises the question, how strong is Mechagodzilla's beam? Because he and MG93 were almost even and they had very different beams.

If you see MG as the stronger beam (which I do), then he might beat the clash, and if you see Heisei as the stronger, then he does.

RIP Evan.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

Oh man this goes to Heisei Godzilla easily! Mechagodzilla lacks the firepower to actually defeat Godzilla. Not sure where beating him unconscious is coming from as Heisei Godzilla never was shown as being vulnerable to that. If he can tank Ghidorah, Rodan, and Dessy melee I don't think MechaG is gonna do serious damage. Maybe those drills can do a bit but that will probably just piss Godzilla off and an angry Heisei Godzilla is bad news for the enemy especially since Mechagodzilla lacks a defense against Godzilla's beam and that is Heisei Godzilla's specialty! I imagine a few blasts of that and that piece of junk is out of commission if going by Kong's axe tells me anything. Mechagodzilla has the speed and agility to "win" a melee fight but Godzilla just pulses when cornered like that which KOed Mothra and Ghidorah for a bit and Heisei Mothra is no slouch. How do we also not know that Godzilla won't steal MechaG's energy similar to Spacegodzilla? Hollow Earth is radioactive after all. If Godzilla is allowed to channel the spiral ray for whatever the reason may be he wins by a landslide. I am guessing for the sake of fairness though that is not the case here. How I see this going is Mechagodzilla aggressively charging Godzilla because MechaG has a vendetta against Godzilla. Heisei Godzilla is psychic to some capacity so he probably knows MechaG isn't here for cupcakes and can sense the telepathic signals from the mech so he will probably attack immediately in response. Blasting MechaG to bits. Just for the sake of debate though I will give MechaG the benefit of the doubt and pretend he will survive the first few volleys. MechaG's favorite weapons seem to be missiles and plasma fists so he uses those and uses rocket thrusters to charge and knock down Godzilla. MechaG readies his drills or proton scream, probably to do his kiss of death fatality, but gets pulsed and then blasted to oblivion. Seriously that pulse wave is nasty. Considering Godzilla's pulse wave has never failed in the Heisei series I don't think it's gonna fail here. It seems to be very powerful in terms of sheer energy and force to knock the opponent back as well. Perhaps the proton scream can delay the beam slaughter for a bit but I am putting my bets on Heisei Godzilla winning that beam lock since beams are his specialty and going by how his beams did compared to Legendary I am gonna say it is more powerful in most scenarios too. We also know that MechaG is very aggressive to Godzilla. Too aggressive for his own good because he would almost ignore Kong at points. Sure he had a weakened MV Godzilla under control but Kevin's arrogance will probably be against him and he is probably going to expect Godzilla to fight like the MV does which he does not. So yeah while Mechagodzilla obviously has the speed and agility to close the gap and "beat" Godzilla in a plain melee fight, however Heisei Godzilla doesn't fight fairly in melee and use his advantage in raw power instead.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:37 pm OK, this may just be my lack of sleep making me dumb and misunderstand your point but the Nuclear Pulse didn't decapitate Ghidorah, the beam did.
Beam Wars are Heisei Godzilla's bread and butter, so he stands a chance in a ranged fight, particularly given how quick he can snap shots off.
Well, then this raises the question, how strong is Mechagodzilla's beam? Because he and MG93 were almost even and they had very different beams.

If you see MG as the stronger beam (which I do), then he might beat the clash, and if you see Heisei as the stronger, then he does.
......oh. -_- *watches clip* Yeeaah, it actually was the beam that severed the head. I haven't seen the movie in like eight years, so I was remembering that wrong. So okay, the chances of the pulse doing critical damage on its own just went way down. To a point, though, I don't know how much that matters. The pulse is still likely to knock MG down hard, probably leaving him open to a quick beam from Godzilla, just like what happened to Ghidorah. One beam still won't destroy MG, but it will cause additional damage and leave him that much more vulnerable to followup attacks.

And Godzilla will lose beam clashes. MG's beam is insane, and it clearly packs superior punch. Heisei Godzilla is great at taking beams and rapidly dishing them back out, though, which is what I meant when I said he's good with Beam Wars. In a straight ranged battle with a pulse-weakened MG, I am confident that Godzilla can come out on top.