Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by _JNavs_ »

What about Rodan, but he's actually just a really big Macaw.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 am What about Rodan, but he's actually just a really big Macaw.
Shhhhh. Don’t give Toho ideas.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:47 am What about Rodan, but he's actually just a really big Macaw.
RAWK! POLLY WANT THE DESTRUCTION OF MANKIND FOR IT'S CARELESS USE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS CAUSING THE LIVING HELL I AM CURRENTLY IN! *bird whistle*

RIP Evan.

Keizer
Yojimbo

Post by Keizer »

Urobuchi Godzilla film 4 leaked.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I was waiting to see Godzilla vs Kong at the theater but now its not opening till mid May. In all honesty I don't think I even care if I see it anymore. I just have no drive to bother watching it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:16 am
Shhhhh. Don’t give Toho ideas.
Toho's first designs for the character were for an Archeopteryx like creature.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:34 pm I was waiting to see Godzilla vs Kong at the theater but now its not opening till mid May. In all honesty I don't think I even care if I see it anymore. I just have no drive to bother watching it.
To be honest...... you ain't missing much. It's a good film but it's not that great. I do reccomend watching it in theaters at least once just for the experience and bragging rights. But the film is far far from perfect.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

To be honest, i'd rather see a Godzilla vs. Ultraman movie than a Godzilla vs. Gamera movie at this point. There's a ton of potential in a GVU crossover and mixing the mythologies. a Gamera crossover.. i know that has the same amount of potential but i've lost interest in it happening.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:28 pm To be honest...... you ain't missing much. It's a good film but it's not that great. I do reccomend watching it in theaters at least once just for the experience and bragging rights. But the film is far far from perfect.
Did you go in thinking it was G89 vs Kong, is that the issue
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:55 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:28 pm To be honest...... you ain't missing much. It's a good film but it's not that great. I do reccomend watching it in theaters at least once just for the experience and bragging rights. But the film is far far from perfect.
Did you go in thinking it was G89 vs Kong, is that the issue
Maybe :oops:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I'll say something that will likely have goji89 put me on a list. I never cared much for Godzilla (89)'s look. I think in general Heisei Godzilla is designed well but never saw why that suit stands out so much compared to the others in the series.

Minus 84, that one I just find ugly (Especially in close up shots).

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:30 pm I'll say something that will likely have goji89 put me on a list. I never cared much for Godzilla (89)'s look. I think in general Heisei Godzilla is designed well but never saw why that suit stands out so much compared to the others in the series.

Oh no my dear friend, you have your opinion and that's it, nothing wrong with that hahaha.........

Say, out of curiosity have you told your family just how much you love them? I mean just asking.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:30 pm I'll say something that will likely have goji89 put me on a list. I never cared much for Godzilla (89)'s look. I think in general Heisei Godzilla is designed well but never saw why that suit stands out so much compared to the others in the series.

Oh no my dear friend, you have your opinion and that's it, nothing wrong with that hahaha.........

Say, out of curiosity have you told your family just how much you love them? I mean just asking.
Ah well glad you are so understanding :D

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Honestly, I don't like the Heisei Godzilla design in general. Way too mammailian and lumpy for my tastes.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Oh sure........*loads*

Now just stay still buddy, it'll be over before you know it. Just let the darkness rain over you.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:40 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:18 pm

Oh sure........*loads*

Now just stay still buddy, it'll be over before you know it. Just let the darkness rain over you.
Do you mean the darkness in my soul or just in general?

Also would you really want to hurt this face?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

As long as it doesn't speak.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:42 pm Also would you really want to hurt this face?
*BAAAAAAANG*

Without giving it a mili second of a thought.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I love killing people for disrespecting my favourite suit.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:41 pm I love killing people for disrespecting my favourite suit.
Dude, what's wrong with you? They're just suits in movies man, nothing to kill people over.