Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

ArtMaker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:04 pm https://www.deviantart.com/hyrotrioskja ... -875666116

Another art piece by hyrotrioskjan. This actually looks pretty dope, ngl. I really like the colouration and wings too.
I could get behind Hyro's other redesigns but this? It's physically unrecognizable, even compared to other Spec Evo kaiju redesigns out there.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:18 pm
ArtMaker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:04 pm https://www.deviantart.com/hyrotrioskja ... -875666116

Another art piece by hyrotrioskjan. This actually looks pretty dope, ngl. I really like the colouration and wings too.
I could get behind Hyro's other redesigns but this? It's physically unrecognizable, even compared to other Spec Evo kaiju redesigns out there.
It gives off a heisei era rodan vibe to me personally.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/godzi ... 0331194008
Last edited by ArtMaker on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Someone on deviantart name alquimista4433 has a Gigan redesign
By Davinx Officialda
I think this Gigan design fit in with the monsterverse since gvk spoiler came to the universe

I a bit new to this sorry
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:23 pm
Added in 1 hour 36 minutes 27 seconds:
Arvalis has a pretty weird Godzilla. I like the dorsal plates but that face is throwing me off.

EDIT: Almost forgot but his face splits apart when using atomic breath.
I absolutely love it. What a creative inner design, even though it's hard to argue Godzilla. I wonder if the mouth splitting apart might become a thing in different incarnations.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:23 pm Arvalis has a pretty weird Godzilla. I like the dorsal plates but that face is throwing me off.

EDIT: Almost forgot but his face splits apart when using atomic breath.
I love this, and could see it in a Cloverfield-esque kinda movie.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I love gigan muto, and while I wasn't fully on board with the idea of it in the mv, if it turns out something like that, I'd be fully down for it.
I also really like parts of the godzilla, but the mothra lips are a little too odd for me. He definitely looks more aquatic and mammalian, his head almost looks like an otter. I also like the reef like dorsal plates, haven't seen that before. But the mothra thing doesn't make sense. Biomimicry like that usually is done by a prey species to scare off predators, meaning that godzilla would have to be prey to something that mothra would be a predator towards? Maybe there's some other type of mimicry going on, but idk, seems kinda odd.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Some good Bemulars by Predatorslayer03 and Qwumpert, respectively.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

There is a trend started by Hyrotrioskjan and Im all for it. I hate that our fanbase treated him with such hostility, and I welcome more weird scientific takes on Godzilla. Its all in good fun from people who know a lot about this stuff. They aren't intended to be official redesigns or anything. Its just a fun artistic experience.

Now of course I disagree with him calling Kaiju movies boring and Godzilla monster designs unoriginal (though I think he was referring specifically to the new Legendary titans and Mutos). That goes without saying. But even if he isn't a kaiju fan there is no reason to immediately be so hostile to his art.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 am There is a trend started by Hyrotrioskjan and Im all for it. I hate that our fanbase treated him with such hostility, and I welcome more weird scientific takes on Godzilla. Its all in good fun from people who know a lot about this stuff. They aren't intended to be official redesigns or anything. Its just a fun artistic experience.

Now of course I disagree with him calling Kaiju movies boring and Godzilla monster designs unoriginal (though I think he was referring specifically to the new Legendary titans and Mutos). That goes without saying. But even if he isn't a kaiju fan there is no reason to immediately be so hostile to his art.
No one (except for maybe goji89) were being hostile to his art.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 am There is a trend started by Hyrotrioskjan and Im all for it. I hate that our fanbase treated him with such hostility, and I welcome more weird scientific takes on Godzilla. Its all in good fun from people who know a lot about this stuff. They aren't intended to be official redesigns or anything. Its just a fun artistic experience.

It's not so much that he doesn't like kaiju films. It's that his dislike towards kaiju films and nevertheless redesigning kaiju feels a lot like the Tristar situation. These comments in particular pretty well sum up my feelings on the matter.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:52 am

No one (except for maybe goji89) were being hostile to his art.
That's my secret, I'm always hostile.

But, any artist must accept critiques and their fans alike. Not everyone is going to love every interpretation of familiar beloved characters and turning them into unrecognizable things. I love their artistic takes on these but I'm gonna have my opinions on them as well and I won't sugar coat it. If I like it I like it and if I don't I don't. I draw and am more critical of my own work than anyone out there is going to be. I rather have someone tell me straight up whether they like it or not and love their critiques as it helps me be better. I don't want to draw something and told it's beautiful or something when I know it's not and give hope.
Take critiques with a grain of salt, everyone has opinions.
I critique the art not the artist.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

"Our fanbase treated him with such hostility", what like a total of 4 people lol
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Aight, calm down. It was literally one guy.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Goji89 is an ass, yes, the obvious is obvious, but it was literally just 89. It’s not like the entirety of TK came into this thread and ganged up on the Hyro lol
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I have found perfection.
By snailshoes on Twitter.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Also wait...... who the fuck is Hyro?

*Looks back a couple pages*

I only said his Biollante sucks and that's because I'm biased as fuck with that plant. I recall I said his other animal ones were pretty good and felt like you could encounter something like that in the wild.

I critiqued one fucking artwork but liked the rest how in the fuck am I the asshole? *Don't answer that :lol: *

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Also, I remembered this Gigan redesign. I think it's pretty good.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:40 pm Also, I remembered this Gigan redesign. I think it's pretty good.
I think this design can work in the monsterverse since GvK Spoiler is in the monsterverse now, so it not a stretch that apex can make cyborg out of injured or dead titans
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

ArtMaker, you've made a masterpiece.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Body of a tarantula and knuckle walking feet no. I can semi get behind the heads but the body is just not my cup of joe.