Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by goji89 »

godzilla1541 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:08 pm
goji89 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:50 pm I'll buy a brown Rodan.

And I'll buy a Ghidorah Showa anyday
Just get da bootleg bro. Will probably be cheaper. All you need is some gold paint and your good!
I was actually thinking of getting that one to be honest. But as a collector I don't want bootlegs it's weird, I don't mind them just it's an ocd thing I think. To have all non bootlegs to having one in there lol. But fuck it I'm thinking I should get it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think the well for the bootleg Showa KG is pretty much run dry at this point. I tried to order one about a month ago and was scammed out my money (thankfully was able to get refunded). Probably not worth the potential risk.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:12 pm I think the well for the bootleg Showa KG is pretty much run dry at this point. I tried to order one about a month ago and was scammed out my money (thankfully was able to get refunded). Probably not worth the potential risk.
See, that's one of the reasons I held out.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

goji89 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:18 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:12 pm I think the well for the bootleg Showa KG is pretty much run dry at this point. I tried to order one about a month ago and was scammed out my money (thankfully was able to get refunded). Probably not worth the potential risk.
If we're for realsies getting an official Showa KG figure at some point, my call would be to just hold out for that instead of trying your luck with one of the many dodgy eBay listings. Sure, it'll cost more but it'll also likely look better paint-wise and you'll at least be guaranteed a figure and not just sent an envelope with a tracking number slapped onto it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:31 pm
If we're for realsies getting an official Showa KG figure at some point, my call would be to just hold out for that instead of trying your luck with one of the many dodgy eBay listings. Sure, it'll cost more but it'll also likely look better paint-wise and you'll at least be guaranteed a figure and not just sent an envelope with a tracking number slapped onto it.
Okay, I'm intrigued, care to tell us what happened.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

goji89 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:37 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:31 pm

Okay, I'm intrigued, care to tell us what happened.
Not much more than what I already mentioned, lol. :lol:

I bought a bootleg Showa KG from one of the listings on eBay that had good feedback (at the time). Took over a month to arrive and when it did today, I got a small envelope with nothing in it but a tracking number slapped onto it. Contacted eBay and had it refunded immediately.

I was honestly more amused by it than anything, it just seemed like a waste of the seller's time to actually send the fakeout and make it easier for me to get my money back.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:56 pm Some guys are claiming that they have found some unrevealed upcoming release names in the coding of the Articulationseries website. Is that true? Naruto here owns that website right?
Spoiler:
The screenshot shows names of Mechagodzailla(2021), Godzilla(SP), Ghidorah64, Rodan and MKG
Just keywords for search engines to drive traffic to the site. What is SEEN on the upcoming releases page is what is officially announced. These are hot topics in the community and the purpose for keyword tagging is for google to index these words and phrases--sending users to my site for information or content. All my pages have keyword tags.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Naruto65 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:29 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:56 pm Some guys are claiming that they have found some unrevealed upcoming release names in the coding of the Articulationseries website. Is that true? Naruto here owns that website right?
Spoiler:
The screenshot shows names of Mechagodzailla(2021), Godzilla(SP), Ghidorah64, Rodan and MKG
Just keywords for search engines to drive traffic to the site. What is SEEN on the upcoming releases page is what is officially announced. These are hot topics in the community and the purpose for keyword tagging is for google to index these words and phrases--sending users to my site for information or content. All my pages have keyword tags.
Oh, ok. Got it. Thanks for your answer.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Got my Biollante in the mail. The tendrils don't like to stay connected but at least it looks really good.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Spoiler:

Naruto65 with this post...

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Mine came too! Between it and 'Illustrated' Kong I am having a load of fun with them, I hope I will at some point be able to post pics. I was using Flikr and it wasn't accepting them, but then I realized it's because my post count is still too low, apparently.

Is Biollante SUPPOSED to be singing "Little Shop of Horrors" show tunes...?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Spoiler:
Just sayin, but if these actually get announced... You might wanna' try hiding stuff in coding better. Not actually SAYING you're lying, or even trying to IMPLY that you're covering up/damage control... But you know. Just incase. This isn't legal advice. :P

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

IF they get announced, it will be coincidence.

If you put stock into keyword tags as a confirmation, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

But I guess I really should be thanking this individual who thought they were clever. Site traffic is booming!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:11 pm
Spoiler:

Naruto65 with this post...

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this damn post.

Damn, wish I thought of it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Naruto65 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:07 pm IF they get announced, it will be coincidence.

If you put stock into keyword tags as a confirmation, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.

But I guess I really should be thanking this individual who thought they were clever. Site traffic is booming!

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Out of Naruto's list we know 2 are all but confirmed, 1 had a prototype, 1 had a bootleg strangly appear and the other is a very safe bet based on track record.

I wouldn't say a coincidence if they're confirmed but I wouldn't say anything was leaked either.

Just very strong guesses based on very likely possibilities.

I mean who isn't expecting SP Godzilla?
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I got my Biollante today, and I'm having a blast. But this section REALLY worried me. I had no idea that she was initially two pieces: the body (base) and the neck and head attached to the sliding back piece. This makes me nervous!

Last edited by KingKaiju on Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KingKaiju wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:46 pm I got my Biollante today, and I'm having a blast. But this section REALLY worried me. I had no idea that she was initially two pieces: the body (base) and the neck and head attached to the sliding back piece. This makes me nervous!

Don't be. I've had mine for years and I "play" with my Biollante daily......*that sounded wrong but it feels so right*

Anywasy, yeah, it moves just don't be to wild with it and it'll be fine, I've never heard a story of that piece breaking so you're good.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

The back is on a track, designed to slide up and down, the way goji89 likes it. It allows for Biollante to lean forward and more hunched.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

It just wobbled a little, so I just get worried about it snapping. But that just means she goes in an extra special place. Definitely a beautiful figure. The neck piece and the gaps around the chest bug me a little, but not enough to not love this thing.