Inhumanoids

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
mecha-gino
Futurian

Inhumanoids

Post by mecha-gino »

So, I went on Jame Rolfe's aka the angry video game nerds website a few days ago to check out if there was anything new or cool. Well he made a video about the inhumanoids series which interested me as I've heard the name but never saw the series. So after watching the series all I've gotta say WOW, that looks FRIGGIN AWESOME. For those who never saw the series like me, just watch this video and you'll see.

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/slnduh ... nhumanoids

I was talking to The One and Only... well The One and Only about the series as I noticed his avatar happens to be one of the characters from the show and he seems to know a lot more of the series then I do, so he's your open source for all things inhumanoids. What he's been telling me is that IDW might be taking in consideration of bring the series back to comic book form and a new darker comic would be good for this series. And hey, maybe around the corner the awesomeness that is Shout! Factory will release a complete series dvd on it. :D I'm planning on watching the first episode on youtube atleast and if I like the series, then I'll wait for it to come on dvd and watch the rest there. So far my favorite characters of the show are the Zombie Dinosaur known as D'Compose and the supposive H.P. Lovecraft inspired Tendril. Now if they ever decide to bring the series back or for whatever reason make in a film then all I've gotta say for D'compose is use this updated fan made image for him

And if we're going to do a film, no live action but rather CGI similar to the new Tintin flick.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Re: Inhumanoids

Post by Malchik »

The cartoon's D.Compose is creepier because none of his anatomy can be traced to any being. He's big and boxy with human-like appendages.

The original figurine had a horse like skull with a straggly pony tail.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Need a zombie Godzilla.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Dcompose looks like a zombie Orga of sorts.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I loved the show also. It always irked my that Rhino never released a 3rd DVD (containing episodes 10-13) to finish the series. I hope Shout! Facctory picks this up eventually along with Visionaries & Robotix and releases them on DVD.

And although I am not a fanfic reader, I do have to admit that way back when (probably mid-90's). I did begin to write an Ultraman vs. Inhumanoids story. To me it just seemed like they would be the perfect enemies for Ultraman. Since hystorically "Kaiju" were unintelligent beasts & "Seijin" (Aliens) were intelligent Ultraman enemies. I thought it would be cool for Ultraman to have to fight Monsters that were both incredibly strong & intelligent.

D'Compose & Slither were my favorite Inhumanoids. Magnacore & Eddie (The Fist) Augger were my favorite heroic characters.

(fixed spelling for ROBOTIX, darn my non coffee drinking inability to type correctly early in the morning) 8-)
Last edited by o.supreme on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Drewzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by Drewzilla »

I'd like to see a reboot of the show, keep it just like it was and aim it for older audiances. We'd all watch it.
wataru wrote:DO NOT eat Walmart's Great Value High Fiber Bars - Chocolate. You will fart for HOURS!

I bought a box and couldnt sleep because I kept farting. You doze off and PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT! wake up.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Drewzilla wrote:I'd like to see a reboot of the show, keep it just like it was and aim it for older audiances. We'd all watch it.
Indeed.

Now, I'm not saying I don't like the classic form of D'Compose oh no I love it but if we're going to get an update for a new audience and to make him scary looking I think that updated image would be good.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The Inhumanoid I'm currently using as my avatar is Ssslither, the original ruler of the Inhumanoids. Until Metlar, overthrew him, and encased his once master in a shell of hardened lava. Where he remained until Blackthorne Shore freed him to try to take control of the Inhumanoids, and the long line of enemies that he had made. Ssslither was intended to be part of the second line of figures for the Inhumanoids franchise, but it ended up not happening due to the series cancellation. :( Here's a sketch ,and prototype figure of the reptilian overlord, and the another Inhumanoid that didn't get to see realization in plastic, the voracious Gagoyle.
http://actionfiguresca.proboards.com/in ... thread=277
Speaking of the second series of figures to the line, Dr. Nightcrawler, Blacthorne Shore's sometimes partner in crime. Had a mock-up of his figure card made for the trade shows, but that is as far as it went. You can check that out here.>http://actionfiguresca.proboards.com/in ... 130&page=3
And an interview with the show's writer, Flint Dille, about writing, and developing the property. And why he thinks that line ended up biting it far too soon. X_X
http://inhumanoids.deviantart.com
Honestly, the show was right up there, and still is, with Hasbro's Transformers and G.I. Joe in my heart. I was bugged me to no end when the show, and toyline ended in 1987. As did the rest of the Marvel/Sunbow line of programs that bit it, except maybe Jem & The Holograms, which went on for quite awhile afterwards. Inhumanoids was right at home in the eighties with its horror vibe. At the time, most of my friends were really into the horror scene with VHS/Home Video taking off, and weenie that am, the show was about as close as I could to it. Plus being a big Godzilla, monster fan, it was right up my alley. Since the turn of the century, with the revival of Transformers, G.I. Joe, and some others to both the toy shelves, and comics. I have been itching to see the line make a return in some form. With the rumor mill grinding out a tid bit or two at the current publisher holding the rights to the Robots In Disguise, IDW. Is talking about including another Hasbro property to mix it up with the Transformers in the aftermath of the upcoming CHAOS event. There has been some speculation that Metlar and his crew will be making their long awaited return. However, not to be a wet rag, there could be just as much likelihood, that the Battle Beasts, which has mixed it up with the Transformers before. In the animated, Japanese Transformers:Headmasters series. Anyway, I do expect to see something to be announced with the upcoming San Diego Comic Con/Geek Pride Parade.
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

I would like to see IDW do their own series rather then having them meet up with the transformers and for a trade, you can collect those issues as well as the 3 Marvel comics.

The One and Only
Futurian

I understand your point mecha, I do, and heck, I'd give my cousin's left nut to see the Inhumanoids and friends return in their own book. However, I did submit the suggestion on the IDW Boards(http://forum.idwpublishing.com/index.php), and the first response was that it was probably a little too obscure to bring back. But, several of the following comments were along the line of "Hell yeah." I can see the point there, as the Angry Video Game Nerd stated, it seems to have gotten lost in the cracks between TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE when it debuted. But as the interviewer noted, along with show scriptwriter Flinte Dille, the fanbase are quite a devoted group. Small, but quite devoted. I'm willing to have the Inhumanoids, Earth Corps, Mutors, the Shore siblings, and whole twisted kit and kaboodle mix it up with the Transformers. It would get Trans fans who aren't too savvay with Inhumanoids, a chance to get acquainted with them, before fully unleashing them back into the world. Although after the end of CHAOS is when the "other Hasbro property" will be showing up. Last week I just read an interview with IDW Editor-In-Chief that early next year there are plans for a sequel to the zombie-intensive INFESTATION crossover(http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=33006), with some interaction between the lines of characters this round. As I said in another forum or two with the first INFESTATION, with all those zombies, it would be a perfect time for the Undead Horror, D-Compose, to show up. Maybe this time ? Keeping fingers crossed.

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

D'Compose in the infection crossover... All we need is Godzilla fighting him and we're all good!

The One and Only
Futurian

Question to fans of the show. In the course of the program, the lead human villain, Blackthorne Shore, who was responsible for releasing Tendrill in the beginning of the show. Also used his political connections to cut the Earth Corps' funding, and used his pull with the inept Senator Masterson to get the design specs to the group's suits. Which he in turn utilized to create his own suit, with a powerful magnetic generation system to put the Inhumanoid leader, Metlar under his control. But in the course of the series, Blackthorne used two different suits. The first, shown here,Image
,used in the Evil That Lies Within five parter ,had a rather utilitarian look to it.
The next, which first reared its ugly chassis at the end of the sixth episode, CYPHEROID,
shown here.>Image.
Looked like Mr. Shore had hung around D-Compose a little too much, and since I never saw the show in proper order back in the day, only the few episode that were available on VHS, and managed to catch at my relatives' homes who had more than three channels. The first time I saw the second suit was in the episode Cult of Darkness, featuring Shore allied with Nightcrawler and D-Compose. So I thought the Undead Horror had d-composed the villainous Shore until viewing some other episodes on VHS set me straight. So the question I'm asking is, which suit do you guy prefer of the two shown. The original,or the later one ?
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The One and Only
Futurian

I'll have to go with the original suit. I just prefer the more utilitarian look of the outfit.

Anywho, some new stuff I managed to dig up on the show. As fans of the program may remember. A frequent character that showed throughout the show starting with the sixth episode, Cypheroid, Hector Ramirez(a knock on news reporter Geraldo Rivera), also showed up in G.I Joe and Jem. With a cameo on that show by the Undead Horror himself, D-Compose, on a news report. For more a list of more ties between the Hasbro/Sunbow characters check the following links.
http://tfarchive.com/creative/showentry.php?s=584
TF Animated:The All Spark Animated:The All Spark Almanac II
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generation_1_cartoon_continuity

Also, introducing the lost Inhumanoid, Hojoni.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hojoni

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Well the one and only sent me this, so I might as well share these sketches with you guys.
http://www.baboonbooks.com/portfolio/Co ... noids.html

The One and Only
Futurian

It seems that Hasbro has not forgotten about the Inhumanoids. sorry, it's not that they'll be making a comeback sadly. But in my usual perusal of the World Wide Web,I found the New York Comic Con Exclusive Comic from Hasbro entitled UNIT:E.
UNIT:E is basically the longtime favorite Micronauts, exploring the greater multiverse, which is introduced to them by an adavanced version of Synergy. The A.I. that generated the special effects for JEM& THE HOLOGRAMS.
We're treated to images of G.I. Joe, the Transformers, Jem, M.A.S.K. ,Drizzit, and others. And in the upper right hand portion two of the Inhumanoids, D-Compose and Tendrill. And it seems that the spirit of the Evil That Lies Within continues to live on. One of the many things shown in the course of the book was the rather beastial beasts of PRIMORDIA. The following pin-up drawn by someone I'd love to take on the Inhumanoids, Art Adams.
For a more complete story behind UNIT:E, click the following link for a summary.
http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... 1662&st=40

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Art Adams, Truly Awesome! Maybe he and Matt Frank could collaborate on some fan-art Godzilla vs. The Inhumanoids vs YES YES YES!~
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

The One and Only
Futurian

Although the Evil That Lies Within are only touched upon briefly in the following podcast of What's On Joe Mind !, which starts off with with an interview with INHUMANOIDS chief developer Flint Dille. It gets into how the Marvel/Sunbow toons were a bit interconnected.
http://whatsonjoemind.podbean.com/2012/ ... -joe-mind/

And on the topic of artists that I'd like to see take a stab at drawing the Inhumanoids and the valiant members of Earth Corps, here's a short list of dream artists: :idea:
Art Adams, with his resume Monkeyman &O'Brian, Godzilla Color Special :godzilla: , and issues 347-349 of FANTASTIC FOUR featuringa slew of classic Marvel Monsters.
Matt Frank, I love his Godzilla Neo work. Some cool redesigns on the classic. Some I like, some not. But still I'd give my cousin's left nut to have that man's artistic talent. I did throw it out there awhile ago on his thread in this distiguished forum to try to do some stuff, but I guess he wasn't interested. Besides, with the man's workload, he's got more important things.
Brett Booth. Teen Titans, Backlash , Kindred 1 & 2, ThunderCats, and Anita Blake. Big dinosaur fan, and anthromorphic creatures, he'd be well suited to the task.
Kyle Hotz.INFESTATION:GHOSTBUSTERS, Man-Thing Movie Prequel, Wraith,and Simon Garth:ZOMBIE. A bit of an underrated commodity in the comics community. But has worked on horror themed stories in his long career, along with a big cosmic tale or two along the way.
Don Figeroa. Considered by many a Transformer fan, the top of the heap of TF artists. If you ever seen the work he did on the Beast Wars minis for IDW, The Gathering and Ascension. Which featured many a well rendered creature with Predecons and Maximals in their various forms.
James Fry. Like Kyle Hotz, one of those comic artists that should be doing more, and getting the recognition he deserves. He actually, early in his career, did the artwork for the Marvel adaptation of the INHUMANOIDS opening mini series. Unfortunatly the book was cancelled before the arc was even completed. Other notable work of his includes Shadowhawk, Marvel Christmas Special, and look for this one which is in trade paperback, DARKMAN Vs. THE ARMY OF DARKNESS.
Last edited by The One and Only on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBaragon
GPN Volunteer

Post by BigBaragon »

Yes! Yes! YES!! LOVE to see Micronauts, Inhumanoids, and Stretch Armstrong return to shelves!! (Dont give a rats ass about Stretch himself, even as a kid in the 70s I thought that he was lame, but the VILLIANS, NOW we are talking!! Green Monster! X-Ray Brain!!)

My wife is gonna FLIP when she sees Jem on that poster...ohhhh boy, heh.

GREAT news. Dont F it UP, Hasbro!

Last picture looks like InhumanoiGormiti, no?

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

All I can say for Inhumanoids is this: DEEEEECOOOMMPOOOOOOSSSSEEE!!!!!!!!
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

The One and Only
Futurian

On the subject of artists that would be great on an INHUMANOIDS mag. One writer/artist who always talked about his love for the franchise, the guy whose bit of fan art is currently being used as my avatar at the moment, Tim Seeley(HACK/slash, Revival, Bloodstrike, Witchblade, G.I. Joe), whose prescence not on the list I posted was a little bit obvious. At least to me. Anywho, here it is.