Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Shadowfyre »

I think MBB will be the big bad. They hit her with a gigantic ray and Godzilla, Kong, Mecha King Ghidorahzillla team up to take her down. Sacrificing themselves in the final final final battle to save Earth. Roll credits. Sounds perfect.

But even perfecter would be a Mecha Bobby Brown! Mecha G turns into MKG turns into Mecha Bobby Brown

Added in 5 hours 34 minutes 13 seconds:
Whatever, that movie script would make billions
Last edited by Shadowfyre on Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Shadowfyre wrote:I think MBB will be the big bad. They hit her with a gigantic ray and Godzilla, Kong, Mecha King Ghidorahzillla team up to take her down. Sacrificing themselves in the final final final battle to save Earth. Roll credits. Sounds perfect.

But even perfecter would be a Mecha Bobby Brown! Mecha G turns into MKG turns into Mecha Bobby Brown

It'd be funnier if she was still normal sized but had kaiju strength

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Shadowfyre wrote:I think MBB will be the big bad. They hit her with a gigantic ray and Godzilla, Kong, Mecha King Ghidorahzillla team up to take her down. Sacrificing themselves in the final final final battle to save Earth. Roll credits. Sounds perfect.

I've got a name for Mecha Billie Bobby Brown.

Mecha-11 (M-11)

References her Stranger Things character AND the robot Terminator knockoff from Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah 1991! Its perfect, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Thanks. I can’t stop saying “Mecha Millie Bobby Brown” now.

M2B2?

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

The same could be said of any of the major surviving characters really. They are all cardboard cutouts or stereotypes. Maybe have them all converted into titans or or fodder for them. That way all of those empty characters get put to good use and will actually be remembered for something.

kaanozozan
Samurai

Post by kaanozozan »

hey i found something on instagram.
I don't think it's real because the second part of the song is almost identical to the notes of mad max storm is coming

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CEFW_1dha2 ... e=ig_embed

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

kaanozozan wrote:hey i found something on instagram.
I don't think it's real because the second part of the song is almost identical to the notes of mad max storm is coming

Ugggghhh the fact that the followers think that’s an official movie account

jobin947
Monsterland Worker

Post by jobin947 »

It’s fake, search filip olejka sacrifice on YouTube.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

So, I want to ask you guys something related to the 4chan leaks. I think, anyway, I'm not sure which leak it came from. Remember the thing about the monsters changing colour inside the Hollow Earth? I brought it up recently, and I'm just thinking about the Playmates Godzilla being very blue, and I just wanted to know; If that turns out to be true (I'd be happy if it does, even if unlikely, because I'm sick of the monsters having such dull colours in all these films) would you rather it be a physical colour change,to show that they've powered up from radiation (like how Mario turns rainbow when he grabs a Starman) or simply a weird lighting effect (similar to the Oogie Boogie song scene in Nightmare Before Christmas, where he turns the lights off and all the critters in his cave turn neon colours with skeleton patterns)?

And if you'd prefer it to be a physical change, would you rather it be permanent or temporary?

By the way, I've just thought about how "Hollow Earth" has went from meaning the entirety of the Earth being hollow to the name of the inner, prehistoric lands inside the Earth. Gah... I can't wait to see what it's like down there. I want a good long scene of the HEAV exploring these lost worlds underground... I wonder if they'll be full prehistoric kingdoms a la Ice Age 3, or something more harsh and hazardous, like rocky lava caves. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kong or Godzilla have been down there, right? Not counting Godzilla's underwater lair or the fact he slips through Hollow Earth tunnels to travel. This could put them both in a world completely new to them...where they're totally lost.

You know the opening to KSI? Two men fighting on the mysterious, unknown island, then a giant terrifying monster appears, instantly making their rivalry seem unimportant in the face of new danger! I kinda wanna see something like that, to an extent. Like...Godzilla and Kong are in the Hollow Earth, still heated and angry with eachother, but they keep encountering new, terrifying monsters or other hazards that stop them in their tracks. You might think it sounds boring, but I'd quite like to see the two biggest, baddest titans around be totally out of their depth for once, maybe even having to rely on eachother to survive down there even though they're at war with eachother.

Sorry for rambling, wah..... I didn't think I had this much to say!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:So, I want to ask you guys something related to the 4chan leaks. I think, anyway, I'm not sure which leak it came from. Remember the thing about the monsters changing colour inside the Hollow Earth? I brought it up recently, and I'm just thinking about the Playmates Godzilla being very blue, and I just wanted to know; If that turns out to be true (I'd be happy if it does, even if unlikely, because I'm sick of the monsters having such dull colours in all these films) would you rather it be a physical colour change,to show that they've powered up from radiation (like how Mario turns rainbow when he grabs a Starman) or simply a weird lighting effect (similar to the Oogie Boogie song scene in Nightmare Before Christmas, where he turns the lights off and all the critters in his cave turn neon colours with skeleton patterns)?

And if you'd prefer it to be a physical change, would you rather it be permanent or temporary?

By the way, I've just thought about how "Hollow Earth" has went from meaning the entirety of the Earth being hollow to the name of the inner, prehistoric lands inside the Earth. Gah... I can't wait to see what it's like down there. I want a good long scene of the HEAV exploring these lost worlds underground... I wonder if they'll be full prehistoric kingdoms a la Ice Age 3, or something more harsh and hazardous, like rocky lava caves. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kong or Godzilla have been down there, right? Not counting Godzilla's underwater lair or the fact he slips through Hollow Earth tunnels to travel. This could put them both in a world completely new to them...where they're totally lost.

You know the opening to KSI? Two men fighting on the mysterious, unknown island, then a giant terrifying monster appears, instantly making their rivalry seem unimportant in the face of new danger! I kinda wanna see something like that, to an extent. Like...Godzilla and Kong are in the Hollow Earth, still heated and angry with eachother, but they keep encountering new, terrifying monsters or other hazards that stop them in their tracks. You might think it sounds boring, but I'd quite like to see the two biggest, baddest titans around be totally out of their depth for once, maybe even having to rely on eachother to survive down there even though they're at war with eachother.

Sorry for rambling, wah..... I didn't think I had this much to say!
To the possible color change thing, I could see it being some sort of photoluminescence, where they have patterns/colors that are invisible in normal light but react to the radiation in the Hollow Earth, that could be cool.

That last bit sounds like good setup for that Jörmungandr idea everyone hated so much.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:I could see it being some sort of photoluminescence, where they have patterns/colors that are invisible in normal light but react to the radiation in the Hollow Earth, that could be cool.

That last bit sounds like good setup for that Jörmungandr idea everyone hated so much.
Yeah, like how Scorpions glow blue in UV light!
And I was envisioning it more as them getting interrupted by weird, scary Hollow Earth monsters while they explore/fight rather than threats of that level. Yknow, something closer to their own power levels but still enough to be a threat, but not powerful enough to steal the show away from them.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I mean, it's not like you can't reuse melodies and such. James Horner used the exact same song for every single one of his movies, for example.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Cryptid_Liker wrote:

I mean, it's not like you can't reuse melodies and such. James Horner used the exact same song for every single one of his movies, for example.
Shin Godzilla used music from Evangelion!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Gotta love WB's incredibly inconsistent marketing strategies :lol:

The 1st trailer for major blockbusters can range anywhere from 4 months in advance (It Chapter 2, Dune) to 13 and a half months (The Batman)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I really hope they have a rendition of Heisei Mechgaodzilla’s theme in this.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

If there is one thing I LOVE about heisei MG other than his TANK look, its the theme. I highly agree that a rendition of its theme in GVK would be EBIC.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

jobin947
Monsterland Worker

Post by jobin947 »

GmkGoji wrote:If there is one thing I LOVE about heisei MG other than his TANK look, its the theme. I highly agree that a rendition of its theme in GVK would be EBIC.
By Tank do you mean gigantic fat legs and hips? They were too big.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Moogabunga wrote:Gotta love WB's incredibly inconsistent marketing strategies :lol:

The 1st trailer for major blockbusters can range anywhere from 4 months in advance (It Chapter 2, Dune) to 13 and a half months (The Batman)
it's because they're desperate to make the DC movies as popular as marvel's

Added in 21 seconds:
it's honestly kinda pathetic

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Well, think about it this way; They're putting out trailers for their other films now like The Suicide Squad and WW84. So, logically, GvK has to be one of the ones next up as they run out of trailers to reveal, right?

Edit: I worded that weirdly...how to put it... Now that some big films of the year have their trailers out, there's less...movies without trailers left? So GvK must have its turn sooner or later now.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

EBIC!!