Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by MrRockett »

I pay $21 for my tickets but I also get a nice comfy recliner, food delivered to my seat and beer....Besides my wife is spoiled and has a bad back so regular theaters are out. We will catch a $14 movie at AMC which has recliners too but are more traditional big theaters than the 50 seat place by our house. At AMC we bring our own snacks to save $$$ and they can’t say anything when confronted with the allergy excuse. I even brought in some rice bowls to eat, burritos, whatever.

Yeah, I’m that guy...so what? I’ll bring sushi next time. :twisted:
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MrRockett wrote:I pay $21 for my tickets but I also get a nice comfy recliner, food delivered to my seat and beer....Besides my wife is spoiled and has a bad back so regular theaters are out. We will catch a $14 movie at AMC which has recliners too but are more traditional big theaters than the 50 seat place by our house. At AMC we bring our own snacks to save $$$ and they can’t say anything when confronted with the allergy excuse. I even brought in some rice bowls to eat, burritos, whatever.

What are you talking about being that guy, I saw nothing wrong in you post at all. ;)
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

miguelnuva wrote:
MrRockett wrote:I pay $21 for my tickets but I also get a nice comfy recliner, food delivered to my seat and beer....Besides my wife is spoiled and has a bad back so regular theaters are out. We will catch a $14 movie at AMC which has recliners too but are more traditional big theaters than the 50 seat place by our house. At AMC we bring our own snacks to save $$$ and they can’t say anything when confronted with the allergy excuse. I even brought in some rice bowls to eat, burritos, whatever.

What are you talking about being that guy, I saw nothing wrong in you post at all. ;)
Miguel, that’s because you’re cool like me.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

plasmabeam wrote:I’m just going to have to respectfully agree to disagree. I definitely prefer Legendary’s effects to any other era’s and feel they are so much better aesthetically.
Nice effects are cool when your movie is shot well. One thing the Showa movies have over the KOTM is how well they're shot. Mothra has great cinematography for example.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

I found the cheap'n'cheery Playmates GvK Godzilla with heat ray at a nearby Walmart and I have to say, that battle damage scar is quite scary. No axe would create that kind of a cut, assuming it's at least a little indicative of what injury happens in the movie. As a hardcore G fan, it was almost difficult for me to even look at (lol) and I definitely won't ever be removing that skin flap again.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

plasmabeam wrote:I found the cheap'n'cheery Playmates GvK Godzilla with heat ray at a nearby Walmart and I have to say, that battle damage scar is quite scary. No axe would create that kind of a cut, assuming it's at least a little indicative of what injury happens in the movie. As a hardcore G fan, it was almost difficult for me to even look at (lol) and I definitely won't ever be removing that skin flap again.
It's an awesome wound, I personally love seeing Godzilla and Kong with some gnarly gashes and wounds! I hope we see both wounds in the film! There was one fan art of Kong with his arm wound, and instead it was more-so a chunk of his arm taken out on the side with some bones pertruding, it's so gruesome and badass! If the kaiju do sustain these wounds, they would both be like a hit or two from death. Kong wouldn't be able to use his right arm, and a good hit on Godzilla's chest wound would literally mean death.
Image Image

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

plasmabeam wrote:No axe would create that kind of a cut, assuming it's at least a little indicative of what injury happens in the movie.
What makes you say that?

Assuming this is the case, it might be a Mechagodzilla-inflicted wound
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

G2000 wrote:
plasmabeam wrote:No axe would create that kind of a cut, assuming it's at least a little indicative of what injury happens in the movie.
What makes you say that?

Assuming this is the case, it might be a Mechagodzilla-inflicted wound
While probably just generic wounds... Kong’s is a bite (bite shape and size could be Godzilla but is slightly too big and deep) and Godzilla’s is from a clawed hand (yeah that ax would not make an injury that size). Going on shape and jaggedness as well as depth... you can see Godzilla’s ribcage...

They also almost match up to old battle damage toys from other lines that are meant to be bite and slash injuries in those, not sure how close to them but Kong’s looks like one from a Jurassic Park toy I had.
So good chance it’s generic and not screen accurate or it’s not from each other and the battle damage is from something else.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

KingKong2005 wrote:
plasmabeam wrote:I found the cheap'n'cheery Playmates GvK Godzilla with heat ray at a nearby Walmart and I have to say, that battle damage scar is quite scary. No axe would create that kind of a cut, assuming it's at least a little indicative of what injury happens in the movie. As a hardcore G fan, it was almost difficult for me to even look at (lol) and I definitely won't ever be removing that skin flap again.
It's an awesome wound, I personally love seeing Godzilla and Kong with some gnarly gashes and wounds! I hope we see both wounds in the film! There was one fan art of Kong with his arm wound, and instead it was more-so a chunk of his arm taken out on the side with some bones pertruding, it's so gruesome and badass! If the kaiju do sustain these wounds, they would both be like a hit or two from death. Kong wouldn't be able to use his right arm, and a good hit on Godzilla's chest wound would literally mean death.
Imagine a pissed-off Godzilla with blue atomic fire burning from his chest wound as he faces off against MechaG

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

As painful as it looks, I don’t believe a wound like this is anywhere near as dangerous for Godzilla as it is for Kong. Godzilla is regenerative, like KG but not as quickly. Kong, however, is basically ruled by the same laws of nature as a similar animal to him on a much smaller scale.

From the looks of things, it appears all the titans are more under threat from something other than themselves.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

Hope I’m not late to finding this but for anyone who thinks the Walmart tracks may be from gvk, I think I found proof they aren’t. The same tracks were used on the promotional videos for the other playmates figures such as Destroyah: http://www.walmart.com/ip/6-5-Classic-D ... /564653532

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

HighFlyers77 wrote:Hope I’m not late to finding this but for anyone who thinks the Walmart tracks may be from gvk, I think I found proof they aren’t. The same tracks were used on the promotional videos for the other playmates figures such as Destroyah: http://www.walmart.com/ip/6-5-Classic-D ... /564653532
Phew!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Why are all the Godzilla figures under the King Kong tag?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

So I’m looking the playmates toys, and some can say I’m overthinking, but I think there could be some merit to it. There are figures called “hollow earth” Kong, Godzilla etc. Considering radiation is commonplace in the hollow earth, I think it’d be fair to say that titans get a sort of buff when inside the hollow earth

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Nothing much of note, but this did pop up on Wikipedia

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Nani wrote:So I’m looking the playmates toys, and some can say I’m overthinking, but I think there could be some merit to it. There are figures called “hollow earth” Kong, Godzilla etc. Considering radiation is commonplace in the hollow earth, I think it’d be fair to say that titans get a sort of buff when inside the hollow earth
Didn't one of the "leaks" mention something like this? That they're different colours when they're inside the Earth?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
Nani wrote:So I’m looking the playmates toys, and some can say I’m overthinking, but I think there could be some merit to it. There are figures called “hollow earth” Kong, Godzilla etc. Considering radiation is commonplace in the hollow earth, I think it’d be fair to say that titans get a sort of buff when inside the hollow earth
Didn't one of the "leaks" mention something like this? That they're different colours when they're inside the Earth?
That's the Ken leak, which has been proven false.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Moogabunga wrote:Nothing much of note, but this did pop up on Wikipedia

No new info there though, that's from something she said months ago.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

ElijahSky wrote:

No new info there though, that's from something she said months ago.
The journey part isn't new, but the "deciding which one she sides with" is new.

It's not important by any means. I'm just saying...it's new.

jobin947
Monsterland Worker

Post by jobin947 »

"side with" as if a teenage girl has some kind of impact on giant monsters fighting.....