Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Italian G-Fan »

I see many people here arguing about if the movie will be delayed or not. Guys let’s be a little more patient. We still don’t know if the movie will be delayed or not. There is a 50% that the movie won’t be delayed and another 50% that it will be. So let’s not already say ‘it will be delayed’ and neither ‘it won’t be delayed’. So... let’s just wait and see.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Cookson wrote:If you guys haven’t noticed.. The Wayback, a WB film, just had its first trailer released today. It’s set for March ONE WEEK before GvsKong.

If we’re to follow that, the trailer for GvsKong should come out next week. Considering Tokyo Comic Con starts next weekend, that could be the moment.

Just parsing through a few webpages, this looks like Oscar bait all the way -- Affleck starring as an alcoholic ex-coach? This isn't the kind of movie that screams media blitz; it's the kind of thing people going to this movie already know they want to see. I'm on Team The Release Date Stays In March, but this isn't encouraging.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

There’s no indication that there will be a Godzilla vs. Kong panel at Tokyo Comic-Con. Godzilla: King of the Monsters announced its panel there like in October and that was in very early December.

By now we definitely should’ve heard something, sorry guys but nothing will come out there lol
Last edited by JGAR on Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yooo 8-)

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

JGAR wrote:There’s no indication that there will be a Godzilla vs. Kong panel at Tokyo Comic-Con. Godzilla: King of the Monsters announced its panel there like in October and that was in very early December.

By now we definitely should’ve heard something, sorry guys but nothing will come out there lol
Yep. Furthermore, there is abolutely no indication of Godzilla vs KOng having any sort of presence at CCXP in December, much less an actual trailer. Wonder Woman has a confirmed panel at CCXP, as does Birds of Prey. Godzilla vs Kong does not

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Moogabunga wrote: KOng
Never heard of KOng. Does it have to do with GOdzilla?
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vibramrunner wrote:
Cookson wrote:If you guys haven’t noticed.. The Wayback, a WB film, just had its first trailer released today. It’s set for March ONE WEEK before GvsKong.

If we’re to follow that, the trailer for GvsKong should come out next week. Considering Tokyo Comic Con starts next weekend, that could be the moment.

Just parsing through a few webpages, this looks like Oscar bait all the way -- Affleck starring as an alcoholic ex-coach? This isn't the kind of movie that screams media blitz; it's the kind of thing people going to this movie already know they want to see. I'm on Team The Release Date Stays In March, but this isn't encouraging.
Ah good the cycle of blaming other movies for Gvs.Kong's lack of success has already begun. :)

You all still don't get it. Every weekend, with the exception of a spare few weeks in February and some weeks in November, will always have hard competition. Movies inherently compete. Not a big deal. And this is also why if Godzilla vs. Kong is finished, there's no reason to push it back, if it's going to face competition regardless.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

There’s little to no competition in August
Yooo 8-)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JGAR wrote:There’s little to no competition in August
You're right about that!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Only if we don't have a trailer or Official confirmation a trailer is coming by the time ''Rise of Skywalker'' is released will I even start to consider a delay might be possible.

I don't think anyone really expected a trailer prior to the end of November, so another week or two after is no big deal.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Rumored GvK Trailer pic, take with a literal spec of salt since we got one of these when KOTM dropped as well.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

_JNavs_ wrote:Rumored GvK Trailer pic, take with a literal spec of salt since we got one of these when KOTM dropped as well.

https://i.imgur.com/hhDunhf.jpg
it's a fanmade model, I came across it recently

EDIT: here https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v18loD
Last edited by 2009MECHAGODZILLA on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Haha looks like they PSed a toy into a photo background.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Obviously fake anyway, since it's the 2014 design and we know from posters that Godzilla is using the 2019 look, with maybe slightly different fins.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Pretty sure it's the same guy from last time lol
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Master Doot
GPN Volunteer

Post by Master Doot »

The fandom is so desperate right now. The fact that someone is editing images to make them appear like they are from test screenings speaks volumes.

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

Master Doot wrote:The fandom is so desperate right now. The fact that someone is editing images to make them appear like they are from test screenings speaks volumes.
The spiteful man I am, I hope we don't get a trailer until next year.

So tired of the culture of instant gratification, honestly I'd love it if we only got a minute "trailer" with barely any footage until the film came out.

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

Yeah, in your lala world the movie barely takes off the ground and western studios become afraid of monster movies in general.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:

Ah good the cycle of blaming other movies for Gvs.Kong's lack of success has already begun. :)

You all still don't get it. Every weekend, with the exception of a spare few weeks in February and some weeks in November, will always have hard competition. Movies inherently compete. Not a big deal. And this is also why if Godzilla vs. Kong is finished, there's no reason to push it back, if it's going to face competition regardless.
I'm not speculating on GvsK's success, or lack thereof; I'm speaking solely on the marketing timeframes of both films: 4 months of buildup for The Wayback, where the majority of the audience is already baked in and will see it (or other Oscar contender hopefuls) anyway, is fine; I'd argue it's not fine for GvsK, though, which will be more dependent on hype/build/excitement.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I now realize that Med-Ed sucks at getting things done fast.

Also If nothing comes around December i'm just gonna assume this film got pushed,if it's not announced beforehand.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Still don't give a crap when the trailer or the movie comes out.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!