Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Fish Cakes wrote: Anyway, so if Mechagodzilla is in this flick, what could they even do after this? I don't get where these things can progress.
Well, Space Monsters have already been established through King Ghidorah, we have who knows what coming out of the Hollow Earth, we have a perfect setup for Destoroyah....

I see a lot of options for classic monsters to return, and who knows how many cool ideas they can come up with for new ones!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Destoroyah, Biollante and Gigan seem like the most likely candidates for the future. But i wouldn't mind new big bads. Anguirus needs to be in this franchise and it'd be wicked if they redid Raids Again for the modern day.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I know Toho is really hoping LP and WB continue the Monsterverse. It’s virtually free money for Toho. I just don’t know if LP and WB feel it’s viable anymore. Though, honestly, LP doesn’t have much beyond the Monsterverse (besides Pokémon).
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Cookson wrote:I know Toho is really hoping LP and WB continue the Monsterverse. It’s virtually free money for Toho. I just don’t know if LP and WB feel it’s viable anymore. Though, honestly, LP doesn’t have much beyond the Monsterverse (besides Pokémon).
I'd probably wait til Godzilla vs. Kong hits theaters before we start making any calls. Though I imagine both parties would like to see it continue for at least a few more films

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

As long as Godzilla vs Kong doesn't underperform will get more films. Kotm at this moment is an outlier.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

mvp9056
Monarch Researcher

Post by mvp9056 »

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/ ... 2002947072

He's fairly reliable when it comes to box office (and I believe test screening) info for big movies.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Lol epic fail
Yooo 8-)

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

dillonking55 wrote:
Cookson wrote:I know Toho is really hoping LP and WB continue the Monsterverse. It’s virtually free money for Toho. I just don’t know if LP and WB feel it’s viable anymore. Though, honestly, LP doesn’t have much beyond the Monsterverse (besides Pokémon).
I'd probably wait til Godzilla vs. Kong hits theaters before we start making any calls. Though I imagine both parties would like to see it continue for at least a few more films
Didn't they say they were confident in the future due to King Kong being part of their universe?

Which also brings me to another point, do you think that Godzilla, Kong or both will die..?
Hopefully not, I would hate that! But Wingard did say he wanted us to cry...

I feel like it's a little unlikely with WB saying they have Kong for the future, though, and we know how Toho feels about Godzilla dying.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
dillonking55 wrote:
Didn't they say they were confident in the future due to King Kong being part of their universe?

Which also brings me to another point, do you think that Godzilla, Kong or both will die..?
Hopefully not, I would hate that! But Wingard did say he wanted us to cry...

I feel like it's a little unlikely with WB saying they have Kong for the future, though, and we know how Toho feels about Godzilla dying.
Again,neither will die now.But in future MonsterVerse films,i could see them dying in an old fashioned sacrifice scene.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

_JNavs_ wrote:Destoroyah, Biollante and Gigan seem like the most likely candidates for the future. But i wouldn't mind new big bads. Anguirus needs to be in this franchise and it'd be wicked if they redid Raids Again for the modern day.
I want Raids Again but instead of having them kill each other, have them buddy up and kick some ass. The Godzilla and Anguirus power team needs to come back.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

I dare to say that the one who will die will in the future will most likely Godzilla. Maybe against a Kaiju like Destoroyah (seeing Destoroyah in the Monsterverse would give great joy).
And so the lead of the Monsterverse will pass to Kong.

I am new here by the way. Nice to meet you all.
Last edited by Italian G-Fan on Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Italian G-Fan wrote:I dare to say that the one who will die will in the future will most likely Godzilla. Maybe against a Kaiju like Destoroyah (seeing Destoroyah in the Monsterverse would give great joy).
And so the lead of the Monsterverse will pass to Kong.

I am new here by the way. Nice to meet you all.
Welcome! It's always nice to see a new member! :mrgreen:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Yeah, welcome to the forum!
I'd be pretty upset if Godzilla died. To be honest, I'd rather Kong die than Godzilla, especially since he looks so...old? It'd be fitting for him to die after a showdown with his biggest rival, especially if they team up so he goes out like a hero.

Like I said, though, I don't want any of them to die! ;-;

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Yeah, welcome to the forum!
I'd be pretty upset if Godzilla died. To be honest, I'd rather Kong die than Godzilla,especially since he looks so...old? It'd be fitting for him to die after a showdown with his biggest rival, especially if they team up so he goes out like a hero.

But Godzilla's 1000x times older than he is. Honestly,as long as he knew Earth would be okay,i feel Godzilla would welcome death with open arms. He's lived so long he's seen all he's needed to see plus there's probably family waiting for him on the other side.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

tyrantgoji wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:Yeah, welcome to the forum!
I'd be pretty upset if Godzilla died. To be honest, I'd rather Kong die than Godzilla,especially since he looks so...old? It'd be fitting for him to die after a showdown with his biggest rival, especially if they team up so he goes out like a hero.

But Godzilla's 1000x times older than he is. Honestly,as long as he knew Earth would be okay,i feel Godzilla would welcome death with open arms. He's lived so long he's seen all he's needed to see plus there's probably family waiting for him on the other side.
I get what you're laying down here, but Kong seems to have a much shorter lifespan since he went from youngster to old man in basically a few decades.

Man, I'm getting kinda bummed out thinking about them dying...

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Actually that's a question in itself: Why isn't Kong immortal like the other Titans? Everyone else has lived thousands,if not millions of years and he ages like the average human.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

tyrantgoji wrote:Actually that's a question in itself: Why isn't Kong immortal like the other Titans? Everyone else has lived thousands,if not millions of years and he ages like the average human.
I think that Kong and the other island titans may be a whole other class than Godzilla's crew because they don't seem to be powered by radiation or energy, as far as I know?

I think that Godzilla and co live as long as they have fuel.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

We still don’t know how much long can Kong’s species live. Perhaps they had a long time span, they could even live for thousands of years... but tho wasn’t possible because of the Skullcrawlers since they killed all the members of Kong’s species.
Until now, Kong is the only one who loved more than his parents and the other members of his species, and maybe can live even more.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kong just went from kid to teen to adult, his aging could be done and now he's semi immortal like Godzilla. Same reason his parents were not Godzilla size.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Hm...you two make good points there. That's true, we don't know how long he will live, even if he looks old.