Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11993
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Sonic wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:
Sonic wrote:lets keep it moving....

Ah, like you are by quoting the post I already admitted was a mistake on my part a day after? Sure.

Anyway, so if Mechagodzilla is in this flick, what could they even do after this? I don't get where these things can progress.

Mechagodzilla IS in this "flick" Big S already confirmed it multiple times. -_-


Sakaya being right before doesn't mean MechaGodzilla is confirmed. The evidence adds up that MechaG will be in this film and Sakaya has had enough correct information to prove he isn't lying but till we see MechaG from Legendary it's not confirmed.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:10 pm

Fish Cakes wrote:Anyway, so if Mechagodzilla is in this flick, what could they even do after this? I don't get where these things can progress.


Well, Space Monsters have already been established through King Ghidorah, we have who knows what coming out of the Hollow Earth, we have a perfect setup for Destoroyah....

I see a lot of options for classic monsters to return, and who knows how many cool ideas they can come up with for new ones!
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5672
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Destoroyah, Biollante and Gigan seem like the most likely candidates for the future. But i wouldn't mind new big bads. Anguirus needs to be in this franchise and it'd be wicked if they redid Raids Again for the modern day.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2812
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Cookson » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:48 pm

I know Toho is really hoping LP and WB continue the Monsterverse. It’s virtually free money for Toho. I just don’t know if LP and WB feel it’s viable anymore. Though, honestly, LP doesn’t have much beyond the Monsterverse (besides Pokémon).
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

dillonking55
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby dillonking55 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Cookson wrote:I know Toho is really hoping LP and WB continue the Monsterverse. It’s virtually free money for Toho. I just don’t know if LP and WB feel it’s viable anymore. Though, honestly, LP doesn’t have much beyond the Monsterverse (besides Pokémon).


I'd probably wait til Godzilla vs. Kong hits theaters before we start making any calls. Though I imagine both parties would like to see it continue for at least a few more films

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11993
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:38 pm

As long as Godzilla vs Kong doesn't underperform will get more films. Kotm at this moment is an outlier.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

mvp9056
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 245
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:22 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby mvp9056 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:09 am

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/ ... 2002947072

He's fairly reliable when it comes to box office (and I believe test screening) info for big movies.

User avatar
JGAR
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3229
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Gotham City, Gotham

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby JGAR » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:42 am

Lol epic fail
Yooo 8-)

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:29 am

dillonking55 wrote:
Cookson wrote:I know Toho is really hoping LP and WB continue the Monsterverse. It’s virtually free money for Toho. I just don’t know if LP and WB feel it’s viable anymore. Though, honestly, LP doesn’t have much beyond the Monsterverse (besides Pokémon).


I'd probably wait til Godzilla vs. Kong hits theaters before we start making any calls. Though I imagine both parties would like to see it continue for at least a few more films


Didn't they say they were confident in the future due to King Kong being part of their universe?

Which also brings me to another point, do you think that Godzilla, Kong or both will die..?
Hopefully not, I would hate that! But Wingard did say he wanted us to cry...

I feel like it's a little unlikely with WB saying they have Kong for the future, though, and we know how Toho feels about Godzilla dying.
Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2474
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:56 am

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
dillonking55 wrote:
Cookson wrote:I know Toho is really hoping LP and WB continue the Monsterverse. It’s virtually free money for Toho. I just don’t know if LP and WB feel it’s viable anymore. Though, honestly, LP doesn’t have much beyond the Monsterverse (besides Pokémon).


I'd probably wait til Godzilla vs. Kong hits theaters before we start making any calls. Though I imagine both parties would like to see it continue for at least a few more films


Didn't they say they were confident in the future due to King Kong being part of their universe?

Which also brings me to another point, do you think that Godzilla, Kong or both will die..?
Hopefully not, I would hate that! But Wingard did say he wanted us to cry...

I feel like it's a little unlikely with WB saying they have Kong for the future, though, and we know how Toho feels about Godzilla dying.


Again,neither will die now.But in future MonsterVerse films,i could see them dying in an old fashioned sacrifice scene.

User avatar
Nathus214
Interpol Agent
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am
Location: Somewhere in hell

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Nathus214 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:02 am

_JNavs_ wrote:Destoroyah, Biollante and Gigan seem like the most likely candidates for the future. But i wouldn't mind new big bads. Anguirus needs to be in this franchise and it'd be wicked if they redid Raids Again for the modern day.


I want Raids Again but instead of having them kill each other, have them buddy up and kick some ass. The Godzilla and Anguirus power team needs to come back.
Chris55 wrote:Godzilla: Green bikini edition


Ben Shapiro wrote:Just got back from Endgame, the audience all fell to their knees during Godzilla’s trailer. The weeping and applauding grew so loud towards the end- it was almost deafening. The trailer was so good in fact, nearly everyone rose from their seats as soon as it was over and just left!

Talk about a reaction.

User avatar
Italian G-Fan
Ronin
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:25 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Italian G-Fan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:10 am

I dare to say that the one who will die will in the future will most likely Godzilla. Maybe against a Kaiju like Destoroyah (seeing Destoroyah in the Monsterverse would give great joy).
And so the lead of the Monsterverse will pass to Kong.


I am new here by the way. Nice to meet you all.
Last edited by Italian G-Fan on Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2474
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:00 am

Italian G-Fan wrote:I dare to say that the one who will die will in the future will most likely Godzilla. Maybe against a Kaiju like Destoroyah (seeing Destoroyah in the Monsterverse would give great joy).
And so the lead of the Monsterverse will pass to Kong.


I am new here by the way. Nice to meet you all.


Welcome! It's always nice to see a new member! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:37 am

Yeah, welcome to the forum!
I'd be pretty upset if Godzilla died. To be honest, I'd rather Kong die than Godzilla, especially since he looks so...old? It'd be fitting for him to die after a showdown with his biggest rival, especially if they team up so he goes out like a hero.

Like I said, though, I don't want any of them to die! ;-;
Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2474
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:51 am

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Yeah, welcome to the forum!
I'd be pretty upset if Godzilla died. To be honest, I'd rather Kong die than Godzilla,especially since he looks so...old? It'd be fitting for him to die after a showdown with his biggest rival, especially if they team up so he goes out like a hero.

Like I said, though, I don't want any of them to die! ;-;


But Godzilla's 1000x times older than he is. Honestly,as long as he knew Earth would be okay,i feel Godzilla would welcome death with open arms. He's lived so long he's seen all he's needed to see plus there's probably family waiting for him on the other side.
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:03 am

tyrantgoji wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:Yeah, welcome to the forum!
I'd be pretty upset if Godzilla died. To be honest, I'd rather Kong die than Godzilla,especially since he looks so...old? It'd be fitting for him to die after a showdown with his biggest rival, especially if they team up so he goes out like a hero.

Like I said, though, I don't want any of them to die! ;-;


But Godzilla's 1000x times older than he is. Honestly,as long as he knew Earth would be okay,i feel Godzilla would welcome death with open arms. He's lived so long he's seen all he's needed to see plus there's probably family waiting for him on the other side.


I get what you're laying down here, but Kong seems to have a much shorter lifespan since he went from youngster to old man in basically a few decades.

Man, I'm getting kinda bummed out thinking about them dying...
Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2474
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:04 am

Actually that's a question in itself: Why isn't Kong immortal like the other Titans? Everyone else has lived thousands,if not millions of years and he ages like the average human.

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:19 am

tyrantgoji wrote:Actually that's a question in itself: Why isn't Kong immortal like the other Titans? Everyone else has lived thousands,if not millions of years and he ages like the average human.


I think that Kong and the other island titans may be a whole other class than Godzilla's crew because they don't seem to be powered by radiation or energy, as far as I know?

I think that Godzilla and co live as long as they have fuel.
Image

User avatar
Italian G-Fan
Ronin
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:25 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Italian G-Fan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:37 am

We still don’t know how much long can Kong’s species live. Perhaps they had a long time span, they could even live for thousands of years... but tho wasn’t possible because of the Skullcrawlers since they killed all the members of Kong’s species.
Until now, Kong is the only one who loved more than his parents and the other members of his species, and maybe can live even more.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11993
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:02 pm

Kong just went from kid to teen to adult, his aging could be done and now he's semi immortal like Godzilla. Same reason his parents were not Godzilla size.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cloverfield48 and 7 guests