The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by kaijufanforever »

KaijuX wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:are the KOTM Titans allowed to cameo, cause Behemoth cameos in one of my matches
You can have the KOTM Titans cameo, that's more than fine. ;)
thank you

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Is it possible to become a banner artist?
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GmkGoji wrote:Is it possible to become a banner artist?
Yes you can! :D Just send it over to me to review and we'll go from there.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

KaijuX wrote:
GmkGoji wrote:Is it possible to become a banner artist?
Yes you can! :D Just send it over to me to review and we'll go from there.
Alright!
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Judging by the results of the latest one
Spoiler:
Shin is a good guy now? Didn’t we have to at least keep the kaiju semi in character?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Judging by the results of the latest one
Spoiler:
Shin is a good guy now? Didn’t we have to at least keep the kaiju semi in character?
Spoiler:
to be fair, Shin had him just wandering around instead of intentionally destroying stuff despite all the chaotic evil alignment people give him. And he was going out of his way to kill Ghidorah and bounced with no further damage after he did in the Eva film. So, techincally we are?

Also, Shin being a hero is super endearing to me so.i dont mind lol

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

This was one of the cutest matches I've ever seen.

10/10
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Shin Godzilla has arrived, and the match was intense

Banner is great and the match was fun

That is all I'm going to say about this, without spoilers.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

A really fun debut match and nice banner.
Spoiler:
Shin turning good guy through Leo’s influence was a really good cliche of even damaged people can be turned into heroes.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

IF I DIE. IN THIS WORLD.
Gonna have to read later but he's here! He's FINALLY here! :mrgreen:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

> "Godzilla (Reiwa)"

Ick.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

UltramanGoji wrote:> "Godzilla (Reiwa)"

Ick.
Yeah, that's gonna be awkward once we get the first World of Godzilla film :lol:

Unless of course, KaijuX and Greyshot go mad lad and gives Shin the powers of Anime and the WOG one.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Birdman wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
He was joking Birbman,calm down. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Spoiler:
That was an AMAZING match! Liked the intruduction of Reiwa Godzilla. But uh...I thought he was supposed to be a villian? :freak:
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Awesome match!
Spoiler:
Really enjoyed the match, great to see Shin! Also nice to delve into the minds of the monsters, nicely balanced with all the action!

All they are missing is Monsterverse Rodan and this new trio will be complete. :lol:

I'm also not bothered by Shin becoming good, Heisei Godzilla is usually portrayed as Showa Godzilla despite not being heroic in the Heisei films or having good interactions with other monsters.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

So, Shin’s debut in both the KWC and KWCE have been in matches I wrote.

Anyway, glad to see people like the match, it’s definitely one I am proud of. Thanks everyone!
Spoiler:
I personally have never seen Shin as evil, at least not in the context of the film. He spends the majority of his time wandering aimlessly, and only causes destruction by accident or just after being attacked. He’s no more evil than the 1954 Godzilla or Heisei Godzilla. I think he would go down a similar path to those two if he thawed out on his own.
Loving the banner, the contrasting glow between the combatants looks great and the attention to detail is very nice.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:So, Shin’s debut in both the KWC and KWCE have been in matches I wrote.

Anyway, glad to see people like the match, it’s definitely one I am proud of. Thanks everyone!
Spoiler:
I personally have never seen Shin as evil, at least not in the context of the film. He spends the majority of his time wandering aimlessly, and only causes destruction by accident or just after being attacked. He’s no more evil than the 1954 Godzilla or Heisei Godzilla. I think he would go down a similar path to those two if he thawed out on his own.
Loving the banner, the contrasting glow between the combatants looks great and the attention to detail is very nice.
Spoiler:
You do bring up a good point of Shin not being evil. The only other Godzillas I would consider being evil is the GMK and Ghost Godzilla.
Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
I’ll need to read this when I have the time, but the banner does look pretty good.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Loving the banner, the contrasting glow between the combatants looks great and the attention to detail is very nice.
Thank you, my good man! :D This was an incredibly fun banner to make! Though I originally had something different in mind (GKG over the meteor with the backs of Shin and Leo in the FG), I wanted Shin's first match to have him plain and visible. And yeah, the coloring was a lot of fun! ;)

To address the elephant in the room: Shin isn't inherently evil. He's a lost soul who's trying to find his sense of self and purpose. He may look frightening, but he's not all too different from the other Godzillas. So him turning into a more heroic role I don't think is out of the realm of possibility. ;)

Oh yeah, and the match's release date was completely on purpose: because today (October 11th) marks the 3rd anniversary of Shin Godzilla coming to the United States in limited theaters. ;)
Spoiler:
I love this match. It does some incredibly unique things with Shin's character and powers. Loved the utilization of Shin's adaptability; stuff's fantastic. I do have to mention that the ending was tweaked a bit; originally Shin was suppose to sprout wings and fly off with Leo (doing so as a tribute to Leo after GKG was killed). I think this was edited to avoid any confusion, as we're currently not allowed to grant Shin the ability of flight... Despite the fact that the movie said it was a very real possibility.
Also, we're sticking with him as the definitive Reiwa Godzilla, regardless of what other version or versions come in the future. We're definitely not going to be adding any Godzillas, that's for sure. :lol:
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Finally got a chance to read it. What a great first match for Shin and a wonderful heartwarming story! Nice job GVR!