German Godzilla blurays from Anolis

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

German Godzilla blurays from Anolis

Post by G-MAN »

Hi I'm curious if anyone here has currently bought any of the previous three blurays that they put out which were essentially the three films Kraken put out a few years back. And I'm very curious as they seem to be able to get more leeway with Toho and if they used the toho masters for these films or if they used the sony transfers Kraken had?

Curious to know if they did just stick with the Toho transfers and if they are 1:1 with the toho blurays or if they adjusted the colors/contrast? Asking because depending on the answers I'm thinking of the importing them because it would be nice to have the upcoming blurays of both showa Mechagodzilla and Megalon films be more touched up or hopefully with the case of the first Mechagodzilla using the awesome sony transfer. Not to mention I just love the upcoming three's awesome cover art as I personally always loved those international poster art.
Last edited by G-MAN on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: German Godzilla blurays from Anolis

Post by goji1986 »

I have their Hedorah release, and it’s just the Toho transfer and a trailer.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

heiseigodzilla425
GPN Volunteer

Post by heiseigodzilla425 »

I think Anolis' Blu-rays basically reflect the sort of thing that we've been able to get here: Toho Hi-Vision masters with maybe a trailer as a special feature.

Anolis' DVD metalpaks (and the Mothra BD metalpak) are the ones with the numerous special features and German versions, however those are pretty limited. Anywhere from 1000-2000 copies per movie, if I recall correctly.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

goji1986 wrote:I have their Hedorah release, and it’s just the Toho transfer and a trailer.
That's what a figured but I just wanted to be sure as the upcoming three aren't badly priced and again have nice artwork.

Added in 50 seconds:
heiseigodzilla425 wrote:I think Anolis' Blu-rays basically reflect the sort of thing that we've been able to get here: Toho Hi-Vision masters with maybe a trailer as a special feature.

Anolis' DVD metalpaks (and the Mothra BD metalpak) are the ones with the numerous special features and German versions, however those are pretty limited. Anywhere from 1000-2000 copies per movie, if I recall correctly.
Yeah it's interesting that toho seems to be ok with the limited dvd sets. And yeah glad I was able to get the metalpak set for Mothra VS Godzilla