Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Chrispy_G
Interpol Agent
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Chrispy_G » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:54 am

Sorry if I don't fall in line with "generic Trump supporter" lines of thinking. I'm an individual with my own opinion. I don't serve a collective. KOTM is frankly my 2nd favorite film of the year after Endgame.

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2136
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby KingKaiju » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:32 am

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:What weird SJW agenda did KOTM try to push? Heck, film critics and bloggers probably winced at the "toxic masculinity" implied by the title "King of the Monsters"

Vera Farmiga was portrayed as a complex villain and wasn't the savior of humanity

Kyle Chandler, a straight white male(film critic equivalent of Satan incarnate) was portrayed in a general positive and heroic light.

It is all about bending the knee to cringey SJW politics.

Funny you say that. Last I checked, Trump supporters thought KOTM was leftist propaganda.


I've found that, in today's world:

1. Anyone who supports Trump just shouldn't be taken seriously.
2. Most people screaming about the "SJW agenda" in Hollywood are just angry white dudes who suddenly feel like they're victims because, for once, things aren't catered to them.

Dudes are like, "I hate this PC culture bullshit!! I like funny jokes," and then will proceed about why they can't say the word "Dororo", but black people can...
Image

User avatar
Chrispy_G
Interpol Agent
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Chrispy_G » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 am

Not taking Trump supporters seriously is what got him elected in 2016, and it will get him elected in 2020.

I'm not screaming about anything. I liked Wonder Woman more than Captain Marvel because....I'm unevenly sexist? I like Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor in Terminator 2, but hated Terminator Genysis because I'm selectively sexist?

I grew up with Blade as one of my favorite heroes and Will Smith as one of my favorite actors but disliked Black Panther because I'm only racist sometimes?

I like good movies, and dislike bad movies. That is all, I don't want my entertainment to preach at me. Godzilla is my favorite franchise and it has always had favorable roles for women.

It isn't about who is the main character of any of these movies, it is about the characters being compelling and well written and the films not being preachy and agenda driven.

Image
Last edited by Chrispy_G on Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2136
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby KingKaiju » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:53 am

Chrispy_G wrote:Not taking Trump supporters seriously is what got him elected in 2016, and it will get him elected in 2020.

I'm not screaming about anything. I liked Wonder Woman more than Captain Marvel because....I'm unevenly sexist? I like Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor in Terminator 2, but hated Terminator Genysis because I'm selectively sexist?

I like good movies, and dislike bad movies. That is all, I don't want my entertainment to preach at me. Godzilla is my favorite franchise and it has always had favorable roles for women.

It isn't about who is the main character of any of these movies, it is about the characters being compelling and well written and the films not being preachy and agenda driven.

Image



And no one has any issues with that. But the moment people start throwing the whole "SJW agenda" argument around, I can't help but eyeroll. Not that it doesn't happen, but that being one of the biggest complaints about these new films is just ridiculous. The notion that these roles are created and casted because they have to pander to POC or women is so stupid. However, the moment people talk about whitewashing in Hollywood, the narrative changes to "well, these communities just need to produce better actors," which can't happen when opportunities aren't there, which they often aren't. But you're right about the Trump supporters. They're a stupid bunch, but they're a loyal stupid bunch.

Image
Last edited by KingKaiju on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
szmigiel
Interpol Agent
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby szmigiel » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am

Chrispy_G wrote:I don't want my entertainment to preach at me.

Are movies only preachy when you dislike the message it is trying to covey?
Is the original Gojira Preachy?
Mothra?
Mothra Vs Godzilla?
Godzilla Vs Hedorah?
GMK?
Shin Godzilla?

User avatar
Chrispy_G
Interpol Agent
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Chrispy_G » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:44 am

KingKaiju wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:Not taking Trump supporters seriously is what got him elected in 2016, and it will get him elected in 2020.

I'm not screaming about anything. I liked Wonder Woman more than Captain Marvel because....I'm unevenly sexist? I like Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor in Terminator 2, but hated Terminator Genysis because I'm selectively sexist?

I like good movies, and dislike bad movies. That is all, I don't want my entertainment to preach at me. Godzilla is my favorite franchise and it has always had favorable roles for women.

It isn't about who is the main character of any of these movies, it is about the characters being compelling and well written and the films not being preachy and agenda driven.

Image



And no one has any issues with that. But the moment people start throwing the whole "SJW agenda" argument around, I can't help but eyeroll. Not that it doesn't happen, but that being one of the biggest complaints about these new films is just ridiculous. The notion that these roles are created and casted because they have to pander to POC or women is so stupid. However, the moment people talk about whitewashing in Hollywood, the narrative changes to "well, these communities just need to produce better actors," which can't happen when opportunities aren't there, which they often aren't. But you're right about the Trump supporters. They're a stupid bunch, but they're a loyal stupid bunch.


It is done to pander. Note any key Disney remake. They go out of the way to make sure that they 'correct' or minimize the sexism displayed in the original works, or alleged sexism that is sometimes inherent to tropes of Disney princesses. Yet they never want to address the racist or perceived racist subject matter of the original works.

Lyndsey Ellis did a fantastic video essay called "Woke Disney" that addresses it very well. Basically, there is money to be made in the "Girl Boss" trope, while there isn't a very corporate approved, monetizing way to say "Hey the original Dumbo had quite a bit of racist crap in it, lets address that" and instead they just pretend that it never happened.

The average Trump supporter is no more idiotic than the average Democrat. Heck of a lot friendlier in my experience, though....but I used to drink the Dem kool-aid as well, so no harm no foul.

Added in 3 minutes 15 seconds:
szmigiel wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:I don't want my entertainment to preach at me.

Are movies only preachy when you dislike the message it is trying to covey?
Is the original Gojira Preachy?
Mothra?
Mothra Vs Godzilla?
Godzilla Vs Hedorah?
GMK?
Shin Godzilla?


It is when films prioritize their preaching or agenda over quality entertainment and quality storytelling that it bothers me. When your agenda comes at the cost of good scripts, good characters, and ultimately, good movies....I take issue with it.

Does your film exist to be a good film with some deeper themes? Or does your film exist to be a preachy message disguised as a movie?

User avatar
szmigiel
Interpol Agent
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 am
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby szmigiel » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:06 am

Chrispy_G wrote:It is when films prioritize their preaching or agenda over quality entertainment and quality storytelling that it bothers me. When your agenda comes at the cost of good scripts, good characters, and ultimately, good movies....I take issue with it.

Does your film exist to be a good film with some deeper themes? Or does your film exist to be a preachy message disguised as a movie?

I really think this is an eye of the beholder situation. One person can find something preachy and another could find that the message it is trying to convey just find, or agree with it. I typically find the good sci-fi has a bit a preachiness to it.

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2136
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby KingKaiju » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:22 am

Chrispy_G wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:Not taking Trump supporters seriously is what got him elected in 2016, and it will get him elected in 2020.

I'm not screaming about anything. I liked Wonder Woman more than Captain Marvel because....I'm unevenly sexist? I like Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor in Terminator 2, but hated Terminator Genysis because I'm selectively sexist?

I like good movies, and dislike bad movies. That is all, I don't want my entertainment to preach at me. Godzilla is my favorite franchise and it has always had favorable roles for women.

It isn't about who is the main character of any of these movies, it is about the characters being compelling and well written and the films not being preachy and agenda driven.

Image



And no one has any issues with that. But the moment people start throwing the whole "SJW agenda" argument around, I can't help but eyeroll. Not that it doesn't happen, but that being one of the biggest complaints about these new films is just ridiculous. The notion that these roles are created and casted because they have to pander to POC or women is so stupid. However, the moment people talk about whitewashing in Hollywood, the narrative changes to "well, these communities just need to produce better actors," which can't happen when opportunities aren't there, which they often aren't. But you're right about the Trump supporters. They're a stupid bunch, but they're a loyal stupid bunch.


It is done to pander. Note any key Disney remake. They go out of the way to make sure that they 'correct' or minimize the sexism displayed in the original works, or alleged sexism that is sometimes inherent to tropes of Disney princesses. Yet they never want to address the racist or perceived racist subject matter of the original works.

Lyndsey Ellis did a fantastic video essay called "Woke Disney" that addresses it very well. Basically, there is money to be made in the "Girl Boss" trope, while there isn't a very corporate approved, monetizing way to say "Hey the original Dumbo had quite a bit of racist crap in it, lets address that" and instead they just pretend that it never happened.

The average Trump supporter is no more idiotic than the average Democrat. Heck of a lot friendlier in my experience, though....but I used to drink the Dem kool-aid as well, so no harm no foul.



Oh yeah, completely forgot that they're "some very fine people." I'm not saying that these corporations don't try to monotize these things, of course they do. However this notion of the suddenly white males are losing out on roles and people just picking people of color to pick them is simply ridiculous. For example: the casting of The Little Mermaid sent people losing their minds. I'm pretty sure they didn't sit there and go, "hmmmmm, definitely want a black girl for this role," but people certainly act like it. Or, to go back to the Star Wars example, the notion that Rose was selected simply to have an asian girl in the movie is just stupid. People look at Black Panther, which was fantastic, and go "it only did well because it was a black cast!" Yeah, no poop. It's almost like when people are well represented on screen, that they become more willing to show up. But of course that's something that only certain people and their experiences in this country would understand. I guess I can see why it wouldn't seem like such a big deal to some people, but when you've had the priviledge of never wondering those things, I can see why it would seem like such a small matter.
Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:39 am

KingKaiju wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:What weird SJW agenda did KOTM try to push? Heck, film critics and bloggers probably winced at the "toxic masculinity" implied by the title "King of the Monsters"

Vera Farmiga was portrayed as a complex villain and wasn't the savior of humanity

Kyle Chandler, a straight white male(film critic equivalent of Satan incarnate) was portrayed in a general positive and heroic light.

It is all about bending the knee to cringey SJW politics.

Funny you say that. Last I checked, Trump supporters thought KOTM was leftist propaganda.


I've found that, in today's world:

1. Anyone who supports Trump just shouldn't be taken seriously.
2. Most people screaming about the "SJW agenda" in Hollywood are just angry white dudes who suddenly feel like they're victims because, for once, things aren't catered to them.
Dudes are like, "I hate this PC culture bullshit!! I like funny jokes," and then will proceed about why they can't say the word "Dororo", but black people can...


Okay i hate to jump into this,but as an African American,i think both sides are in the wrong. Yes we could certainly need more diveristy in Hollywood...but it's getting so forced it's becoming outright ridicolous. Superman was almost played by Michael Jordan,Magneto's suppose to be black in the next X-Man film,and the fact they team isn't even being naned the X-Men is just stupid. While some certainly overreact,sometimes Hollywood goes to far with diversity.

Also what word is Dororo? I have never heard of that in my entire life.
Last edited by tyrantgoji on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2136
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby KingKaiju » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:13 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Funny you say that. Last I checked, Trump supporters thought KOTM was leftist propaganda.


I've found that, in today's world:

1. Anyone who supports Trump just shouldn't be taken seriously.
2. Most people screaming about the "SJW agenda" in Hollywood are just angry white dudes who suddenly feel like they're victims because, for once, things aren't catered to them.
Dudes are like, "I hate this PC culture bullshit!! I like funny jokes," and then will proceed about why they can't say the word "Dororo", but black people can...


Okay i hate to jump into this,but as an African American,i think both sides are in the wrong. Yes we could certainly need more diveristy in Hollywood...but it's getting so forced it's becoming outright ridicolous. Superman was almost played by Michael Jordan,Magneto's suppose to be black in the next X-Man film,and the fact they team isn't even being naned the X-Men is just stupid. While some certainly overreact,sometimes Hollywood goes to far with diversity.

Also what word is Dororo? I have never heard of that in my entire life.


Autocorrect for the N word.

I'm not saying that there aren't companies trying to jump on this. Of course they are. There's a lot of bullshit that flies around hollywood, it call comes down to money. Unfortunately, a lot of that involves fakes that come out of hollywood to show they they're not a bunch of rich elites who aren't bias or racist, the "allies" that come out of the woodwork and do everything in their power to show that they understand the struggles (they don't). That being said, I do believe that the uproar has caused studios to, at the very least, look at a wider range of people to hire in their productions. As a result, you will inherently find a more diverse cast. People have a problem with that, and that's where my beef is. My issue isn't that Hollywood tries to monotize the changing times, my issue is that people use to old Affirmative Action argument of "you didn't earn it, you're just here because they HAD to get a non-white person." Which is so ridiculous. The most recent example I can think of is Commissioner Gordon being played by Jeffey Wright. I've seen people just biiiiitch about that. Probably the same people that didn't say a word about Scarlett Johansson's casting in Ghost in The Shell. The fact is that as long as the race of the character doesn't play a major role in who the character is, then it doesn't matter. Black Panther SHOULD be African, Dr. Doom SHOULD be European or of European descent, Shang Chi SHOULD be asian. I saw the rumor of Michael B. Jordan potentially being Superman. I didn't like the idea, not because Michael B. Jordan is black, but because I don't think he could pull off a Superman. At the end of the day, Superman being black doesn't change who the character is. To an extent, a black magneto would make sense. Magneto was shaped by WW2 and the concentration camps, if you need to update him for modern times, because people from that era are getting so much older, it would make sense to change his ethnicity to a member of another group who dealt with a similar tragedy. Here's my issue: when people get mad at castings like Ghost in The Shell, it's not because it's inaccurate to a character who's traditionally been japanese, it's because the same companies who pretend to care about diversity had a chance to actually cast someone who could not only fit the role and character, but create more representation on screen. That's not a concern, when the roles are flipped, the argument becomes "well, she must just be the best for the role. Period." Yet, cast a black girl as Ariel The Little Mermaid, and it's "pandering to the SJW agenda."
Image

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2385
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby tyrantgoji » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:37 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
I've found that, in today's world:

1. Anyone who supports Trump just shouldn't be taken seriously.
2. Most people screaming about the "SJW agenda" in Hollywood are just angry white dudes who suddenly feel like they're victims because, for once, things aren't catered to them.
Dudes are like, "I hate this PC culture bullshit!! I like funny jokes," and then will proceed about why they can't say the word "Dororo", but black people can...


Okay i hate to jump into this,but as an African American,i think both sides are in the wrong. Yes we could certainly need more diveristy in Hollywood...but it's getting so forced it's becoming outright ridicolous. Superman was almost played by Michael Jordan,Magneto's suppose to be black in the next X-Man film,and the fact they team isn't even being naned the X-Men is just stupid. While some certainly overreact,sometimes Hollywood goes to far with diversity.

Also what word is Dororo? I have never heard of that in my entire life.


Autocorrect for the N word.

I'm not saying that there aren't companies trying to jump on this. Of course they are. There's a lot of bullshit that flies around hollywood, it call comes down to money. Unfortunately, a lot of that involves fakes that come out of hollywood to show they they're not a bunch of rich elites who aren't bias or racist, the "allies" that come out of the woodwork and do everything in their power to show that they understand the struggles (they don't). That being said, I do believe that the uproar has caused studios to, at the very least, look at a wider range of people to hire in their productions. As a result, you will inherently find a more diverse cast. People have a problem with that, and that's where my beef is. My issue isn't that Hollywood tries to monotize the changing times, my issue is that people use to old Affirmative Action argument of "you didn't earn it, you're just here because they HAD to get a non-white person." Which is so ridiculous. The most recent example I can think of is Commissioner Gordon being played by Jeffey Wright. I've seen people just biiiiitch about that. Probably the same people that didn't say a word about Scarlett Johansson's casting in Ghost in The Shell. The fact is that as long as the race of the character doesn't play a major role in who the character is, then it doesn't matter. Black Panther SHOULD be African, Dr. Doom SHOULD be European or of European descent, Shang Chi SHOULD be asian. I saw the rumor of Michael B. Jordan potentially being Superman. I didn't like the idea, not because Michael B. Jordan is black, but because I don't think he could pull off a Superman. At the end of the day, Superman being black doesn't change who the character is. To an extent, a black magneto would make sense. Magneto was shaped by WW2 and the concentration camps, if you need to update him for modern times, because people from that era are getting so much older, it would make sense to change his ethnicity to a member of another group who dealt with a similar tragedy. Here's my issue: when people get mad at castings like Ghost in The Shell, it's not because it's inaccurate to a character who's traditionally been japanese, it's because the same companies who pretend to care about diversity had a chance to actually cast someone who could not only fit the role and character, but create more representation on screen. That's not a concern, when the roles are flipped, the argument becomes "well, she must just be the best for the role. Period." Yet, cast a black girl as Ariel The Little Mermaid, and it's "pandering to the SJW agenda."


Wait who's saying that they shouldn't be their race? Nobody is arguing about that,they're just mad at white people's race being changed. Also,i STRONGLY disagree about Superman being black not changing who he is. If earlier on in his career they did a Spider-Man type thing where they did a "Anyone can get the power of Superman,no matter what race!" Like Miles and Silk i would agree....but they didn't,he's been white for as long as everyone can remember. Changing his race is like making Godzilla a giant scorpion,it simply doesn't work.

However i don't wanna clog up this thread anymore. If you wanna continue this,PM me.

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Smuggers » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Chrispy_G wrote:I'm an individual with my own opinion.

And we're all very proud of you
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2136
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby KingKaiju » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:59 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Okay i hate to jump into this,but as an African American,i think both sides are in the wrong. Yes we could certainly need more diveristy in Hollywood...but it's getting so forced it's becoming outright ridicolous. Superman was almost played by Michael Jordan,Magneto's suppose to be black in the next X-Man film,and the fact they team isn't even being naned the X-Men is just stupid. While some certainly overreact,sometimes Hollywood goes to far with diversity.

Also what word is Dororo? I have never heard of that in my entire life.


Autocorrect for the N word.

I'm not saying that there aren't companies trying to jump on this. Of course they are. There's a lot of bullshit that flies around hollywood, it call comes down to money. Unfortunately, a lot of that involves fakes that come out of hollywood to show they they're not a bunch of rich elites who aren't bias or racist, the "allies" that come out of the woodwork and do everything in their power to show that they understand the struggles (they don't). That being said, I do believe that the uproar has caused studios to, at the very least, look at a wider range of people to hire in their productions. As a result, you will inherently find a more diverse cast. People have a problem with that, and that's where my beef is. My issue isn't that Hollywood tries to monotize the changing times, my issue is that people use to old Affirmative Action argument of "you didn't earn it, you're just here because they HAD to get a non-white person." Which is so ridiculous. The most recent example I can think of is Commissioner Gordon being played by Jeffey Wright. I've seen people just biiiiitch about that. Probably the same people that didn't say a word about Scarlett Johansson's casting in Ghost in The Shell. The fact is that as long as the race of the character doesn't play a major role in who the character is, then it doesn't matter. Black Panther SHOULD be African, Dr. Doom SHOULD be European or of European descent, Shang Chi SHOULD be asian. I saw the rumor of Michael B. Jordan potentially being Superman. I didn't like the idea, not because Michael B. Jordan is black, but because I don't think he could pull off a Superman. At the end of the day, Superman being black doesn't change who the character is. To an extent, a black magneto would make sense. Magneto was shaped by WW2 and the concentration camps, if you need to update him for modern times, because people from that era are getting so much older, it would make sense to change his ethnicity to a member of another group who dealt with a similar tragedy. Here's my issue: when people get mad at castings like Ghost in The Shell, it's not because it's inaccurate to a character who's traditionally been japanese, it's because the same companies who pretend to care about diversity had a chance to actually cast someone who could not only fit the role and character, but create more representation on screen. That's not a concern, when the roles are flipped, the argument becomes "well, she must just be the best for the role. Period." Yet, cast a black girl as Ariel The Little Mermaid, and it's "pandering to the SJW agenda."


Wait who's saying that they shouldn't be their race? Nobody is arguing about that,they're just mad at white people's race being changed. Also,i STRONGLY disagree about Superman being black not changing who he is. If earlier on in his career they did a Spider-Man type thing where they did a "Anyone can get the power of Superman,no matter what race!" Like Miles and Silk i would agree....but they didn't,he's been white for as long as everyone can remember. Changing his race is like making Godzilla a giant scorpion,it simply doesn't work.

However i don't wanna clog up this thread anymore. If you wanna continue this,PM me.


Neither do I. But to my point, Superman's skincolor, other than him being a white dude in the comics, has nothing to do with the core characteristics that make him who he is. He's a kryptonian from space, who grew up in Smallville, and has special abilities. Changing his race changes none of that, just like how Godzilla can be green, grey, black, or a zombie looking mutated amphibian.
Image

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Terasawa » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:14 pm

In the same thread, no less!

Chrispy_G wrote:it will get him elected in 2020.


Chrispy_G wrote:Nice to hear that you know the future
Last edited by Terasawa on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

airforce111
Samurai
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:11 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby airforce111 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:21 pm

so did godzilla deserve the rotten tomatoes score? we will never know
My Projects:

Tumblr

User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Terasawa » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:24 pm

airforce111 wrote:so did godzilla deserve the rotten tomatoes score? we will never know


Well you're never gonna get a consensus from fans and I don't think that was OP's idea to begin with. I certainly think it deserved the score it got but there are fervent defenders of the film here who disagree.
YouTube
変の声謎だよ。
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11970
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:55 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Funny you say that. Last I checked, Trump supporters thought KOTM was leftist propaganda.


I've found that, in today's world:

1. Anyone who supports Trump just shouldn't be taken seriously.
2. Most people screaming about the "SJW agenda" in Hollywood are just angry white dudes who suddenly feel like they're victims because, for once, things aren't catered to them.
Dudes are like, "I hate this PC culture bullshit!! I like funny jokes," and then will proceed about why they can't say the word "Dororo", but black people can...


Okay i hate to jump into this,but as an African American,i think both sides are in the wrong. Yes we could certainly need more diveristy in Hollywood...but it's getting so forced it's becoming outright ridicolous. Superman was almost played by Michael Jordan,Magneto's suppose to be black in the next X-Man film,and the fact they team isn't even being naned the X-Men is just stupid. While some certainly overreact,sometimes Hollywood goes to far with diversity.

Also what word is Dororo? I have never heard of that in my entire life.


Michael B Jordan was not playing Clark Kent, he was most likely going to be Val Zod or Calvin Ellis.

Also why I don't care to change race making Magneto black in the mcu is an good idea after hearing the argument why. I say we move this to the mcu thread if you want to continue.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6545
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:42 pm

szmigiel wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:I don't want my entertainment to preach at me.

Are movies only preachy when you dislike the message it is trying to covey?
Is the original Gojira Preachy?
Mothra?
Mothra Vs Godzilla?
Godzilla Vs Hedorah?
GMK?
Shin Godzilla?

Yeah. People only call things preachy when it doesn't agree with whatever they personally agree with.

Still...in most of those films, there's more natural ways to show what's going on, with visual imagery, then a crazy woman on a big screen lecture us about how humans are evil for damaging the environment...

I do sort of agree with being skeptical of Hollywood's desire to be WOKE, but at the same time I don't think it de-legitimizes actual issues of race.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10269
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Living Corpse » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Walks in.

.....


Walks out.
Image

User avatar
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Kwaidan
Posts: 5842
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am
Location: AWACS Long Caster
Contact:

Re: Do you think Rotten Tomatoes was right into giving KOTM a bad score?

Postby Spirit Ghidorah 2010 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:23 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:Changing his race is like making Godzilla a giant scorpion,it simply doesn't work.

Today I learned that black people are as different from white people as scorpions are from dinosaurs.
Herpy Derpy Doo

TK's Resident Physician

goji89 wrote:Guess I'll leave, this place isn't what it used to be.


#Pro-Choice


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gojira2K and 7 guests