K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by Gigantis »

Birdman wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:Anyone wanna help with some ideas with King Kong vs. Godzilla (Legendary): Round 2? I haven't really been happy with how the match is turning out so far.
Where is the match set? If it's on Faro Island, perhaps have Kong drink some of the Soma berry juice and go drunken master on Godzilla.
It was originally set in Rio but i'm thinking of it going more worldwide. Perhaps the both of them fall into a hollow earth tunnel and travel through it,then pop out in another city?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

So how exactly does the Smokey recharge Zone Fighter? Does it just shoot a little beam at him and he’s back at full, or is it more complex?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:So how exactly does the Smokey recharge Zone Fighter? Does it just shoot a little beam at him and he’s back at full, or is it more complex?
Zone Fighter discharges a capsule from his antenna, which Smokey then replaces.

Added in 5 minutes 29 seconds:
This covers the processes more in detail.

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Zone_Fighter#Weaknesses
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So two questions about an upcoming match.

1: Can i give it a shorter alternative title? I feel like constantly typing Anguirus vs. Rodan (Heisei) vs. Kamacuras vs. Dagahra vs. Dogora vs. Godzilla (Legendary) vs. Mechagodzilla (Heisei) and M.O.G.E.U.R.A vs. Orga vs. Hedorah vs. SpaceGodzilla is gonna get grating eventually. I was thinking of something like Monster Planet or Monster Apocalypse (because the whole match is a homage to the Monster Planet prologue and Monster Apocalypse novel)

2: It's okay to write Legendary Godzilla as the Anime Godzilla right?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

tyrantgoji wrote:So two questions about an upcoming match.

1: Can i give it a shorter alternative title? I feel like constantly typing Anguirus vs. Rodan (Heisei) vs. Kamacuras vs. Dagahra vs. Dogora vs. Godzilla (Legendary) vs. Mechagodzilla (Heisei) and M.O.G.E.U.R.A vs. Orga vs. Hedorah vs. SpaceGodzilla is gonna get grating eventually. I was thinking of something like Monster Planet or Monster Apocalypse (because the whole match is a homage to the Monster Planet prologue and Monster Apocalypse novel)

1. As far as I know, unless it's for special occasions, you have to use the long name you just for described... sorry. Maybe you can highlight the letters for the title then simply copy and paste.

2. The two Godzilla are too different in origin, so I don't think that'll fly either.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

1) I think it's circumstantial. Generally speaking, we try and keep the long title if it fits in the main page. Otherwise, I'm sure Greyshot, Anthony, or myself will find a name to condense it down (like what happened with Orga in Hell).

2) That's going to be a big no. They're too different in origin. If you're going by power and destructiveness, I feel Shin would be better for the part. Plus, the two have the thin laser-like rays.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote:

1) I think it's circumstantial. Generally speaking, we try and keep the long title if it fits in the main page. Otherwise, I'm sure Greyshot, Anthony, or myself will find a name to condense it down (like what happened with Orga in Hell).

2) That's going to be a big no. They're too different in origin. If you're going by power and destructiveness, I feel Shin would be better for the part. Plus, the two have the thin laser-like rays.
Oh dear,that's kinda a roadblock from trying to stay true to 90's request :? Ah well,looks like it's time for a backup plan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Well it's not to say you *can't* use Legendary Godzilla for the match. You absolutely can; but the characterization has to remain to LP Godzilla. Seeing as this is closer to the Anime version (a vessel of destruction), Shin would just be better for the part.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Can we have Fire Rodan use his fire breath from Godzilla Island?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Can we have Fire Rodan use his fire breath from Godzilla Island?
I feel like it'd be best to keep it more to the film version.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
Birdman wrote:Can we have Fire Rodan use his fire breath from Godzilla Island?
I feel like it'd be best to keep it more to the film version.
I mean, his name is “Fire Rodan”, wouldn’t hurt if we added the ability.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

But it's not really necessary, either. Doesn't really add up to much. At least the others add something. :P

Pair of kings.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

So if a match has not been accepted, and you updated it to make it better, what Title would I use for the match (in case it was already PMed)?
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Just say that it's a revised version next to the name of the match.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Thanks for the help
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So the Gryphon. Aside from being part Puma,what on Earth is he made out of? I don't think he's part Ankylosaurus,unless the Probe Bats have the power to use DNA from fossils.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

tyrantgoji wrote:So the Gryphon. Aside from being part Puma,what on Earth is he made out of? I don't think he's part Ankylosaurus,unless the Probe Bats have the power to use DNA from fossils.
Aside the aforementioned Puma,
Bat
Cow (and possibly horse I believe?)
Rattlesnake
and by the end of the script, human. (he eats the human villain and uses his military knowledge of Godzilla's weaknesses to fight him, which I'm mentioning because it's GENIUS and want it in a match.

He got most of his genetic makeup from Utah, so aside from those, anything from that general area you could probably throw in as long as it's subtle enough (like mention wolf senses but not that he has a wolf face the model doesn't have)
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Do Destoroyah and Hedorah have to appear/win a match in their final forms?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Birdman wrote:Do Destoroyah and Hedorah have to appear/win a match in their final forms?
Didn't Destoroyah beat Bagan in just his aggregate form? And didn't both him and Hedorah draw when just in their microscopic form? I would assume that means they could win a match in any form they wanted.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Birdman wrote:Do Destoroyah and Hedorah have to appear/win a match in their final forms?
No. I mean, we had Match 268 where Moguera only used the Star Falcon the entire time, so I don't see the issue with it. So you can write a match where Destoroyah or Hedorah only use their lesser forms.

Pair of kings.