Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by G2000 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:What do you mean? The Xilliens need water and have fast crafts, the Mysterians need Earth Women, and the people of the black hole need a new planet to live on. And the Seatopians and Emperor and Antonio are probably pissed due to all the plastic and pollution in the ocean. We fucked boys.
The Seatopians aren't aliens, we've been over this
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G2000 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:What do you mean? The Xilliens need water and have fast crafts, the Mysterians need Earth Women, and the people of the black hole need a new planet to live on. And the Seatopians and Emperor and Antonio are probably pissed due to all the plastic and pollution in the ocean. We skreeonked boys.
The Seatopians aren't aliens, we've been over this
Of course not, hence me putting them in a separate sentence. Just pointing out we fucked.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If aliens ever broke through the clouds one day, it'd destroy almost all faith in any kinda religious figure humanity has, while also deconstructing thousands of years of belief and social structures. It'd be a totally wicked Final Friday.

And the chances of anything from Warping Telepathic Xenomorphs, to just another Earth filled with humans, billions of light years away with no knowledge of our existence in the existential plane is equally as likely. It's like waiting decades for a potential surprise party, lmao.

Side question: If an exact Sun to Earth ratio occurred millions of light years away, and the exact circumstances that occurred to Earth occurred to the planet, could it be possible that we eventually come to be over there?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

_JNavs_ wrote:If aliens ever broke through the clouds one day, it'd destroy almost all faith in any kinda religious figure humanity has, while also deconstructing thousands of years of belief and social structures. It'd be a totally wicked Final Friday
Religions have been preparing for this sort of shit for years, thousands of years of tradition aren't going to die just because some ayylmaos visit

It's the slow knife of subversion that kills tradition

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I feel like if aliens existed, and posed zero actual threat, things would be crazy for a few weeks, and then everyone would just get over it. We'd get a lot of weird repercussions, like people wanting to skreeonk the aliens, but I digress.

And to many religions, aliens would just validate their beliefs more.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

The best part about having the word filter off is that you can see who’s swearing and who’s actually typing “skreeonk” and “poop”

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G2000 wrote:The best part about having the word filter off is that you can see who’s swearing and who’s actually typing “skreeonk” and “poop”
I knew it was going to be censored so I just said skreeonk it.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

What if they discover alien life and it's just a bunch of frogs living on Mars or something
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

RIP to the idiots attending the Area 51 raid.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Smuggers wrote:What if they discover alien life and it's just a bunch of frogs living on Mars or something
If those frogs have no genetic similarity of any kind to terrestrial life, showing that they evolved independently on Mars, that would still be a major, major find. And if life (advanced, multicellular life, no less) evolved twice (or more) in a single solar system, that would imply that life must be incredibly common in the universe. Or that our solar system is really freaking weird, one.

EDIT: And those would have to be some incredibly badass frogs to survive the Martian environment, so there's that.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

JAGzilla wrote:
Smuggers wrote:What if they discover alien life and it's just a bunch of frogs living on Mars or something
If those frogs have no genetic similarity of any kind to terrestrial life, showing that they evolved independently on Mars, that would still be a major, major find.
Heck, if they do have genetic similarity to terrestrial life, that would also be a major, major find - just one with a different set of possible implications.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:RIP to the idiots attending the Area 51 raid.
Is this still happening? I thought everyone gave up and went home.

EDIT: woooooooow.

So I just looked it up,and only 150 people actually showed up! It started 3:00 in the morning,ended at 6,and some weirdo really did do the Naruto run. :lol:

Nobody died,thank God.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Terasawa wrote:It’s time the government starts seriously exploring clean energy solutions instead of Middle Eastern oil, offshore drilling, and fracking.
11% of the Military Budget Could Fund Enough Renewable Energy for Every Home in the US
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Terasawa wrote:
Terasawa wrote:It’s time the government starts seriously exploring clean energy solutions instead of Middle Eastern oil, offshore drilling, and fracking.
11% of the Military Budget Could Fund Enough Renewable Energy for Every Home in the US
They could have built enough schools to cover almost every child in the US with the money the sunk into the JSF program
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote:
But that would be unfair to businesses! ;)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

This article fails to mention that the inquiry is being centered around not just the Ukraine call but multiple calls from the whistleblower.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

It is going to explode in the Democrats faces. With the Muller report not finding any evidence of Russia collusion, not to mention how Muller himself looked like crap at the hearing, no sane person believes that Trump should be impeached. At this point, the Dems are making themselves look like they believe that Trump should be impeached just for eating.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Rhedosaurus wrote: no sane person believes that Trump should be impeached.
Guess I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Living Corpse wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote: no sane person believes that Trump should be impeached.
Guess I'm cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
Ditto.

I mean, Christ, Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice. Trump admitted his own obstruction of justice by firing Comey in an attempt to end the investigation into Russian election tampering.

Edit: Lol, He also knowingly falsified an official weather report to make himself appear right. 18 U.S. Code § 2074: Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both.

That's a crime the president committed. That is impeachable. If you're going to claim "no sane person believes that Trump should be impeached" then I think it's up you to provide evidence that Trump has not committed any crimes whatsoever in office. That would be the sane thing to do, right? Sorry, but if your support of the president goes so far as to claim he's done no wrong then you've been sipping the Kool-Aid.
Last edited by Terasawa on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.