Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Official News topic

Post by _JNavs_ »

I always thought water based energy was the way to go.

This is a guy who did just that to a battery back in 2018:
https://news.stanford.edu/2018/04/30/ne ... y-storage/
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Last edited by G2000 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Donald Trump sending hastily incredibly mixed messages, with little thought into how they can damage the countries reputation? Who would have thought!

It's fine if Trump thinks this, or anything regarding Iran or whatever. But keep it internal and just don't post that shit online.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Donald Trump sending hastily incredibly mixed messages, with little thought into how they can damage the countries reputation? Who would have thought!

It's fine if Trump thinks this, or anything regarding Iran or whatever. But keep it internal and just don't post that shit online.
It's an old tweet from 2014, not right now. The point is to juxtapose his views from a few years back with his policies as President

During his campaign Trump did espouse some pretty strong anti-Saudi rhetoric - accusing them of buying influence in the US and of supporting Sunni terrorist groups, both of which are fairly well documented - and that was one of the reasons I supported him. It was fairly disappointing when he got into office and did a complete 180 on Saudi Arabia and was suddenly all for more arms sales and such

In any case I don't think he's going to authorize a US strike on Iran right now for a number of reasons, but he may very well choose to support a Saudi strike on Iran with American intelligence and targeting information (which was evidently one of the options presented to him)
Last edited by G2000 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

A guy who plotted a major swatting incident that took another man's life (Casey Viner) gets 15 months and a 2 year ban on gaming.

He basically gets a slap on the wrist for murdering a guy, WTF? And he's not allowed to game for 2 years, yeah HTF are they gonna enforce that?

Utter BS, especially when the guy who made the call (Tyler Barris) got 20 years. And BTW, federal swatting resulting in death can carry up to a life sentence, so 15 months is letting him off way too lightly. Hell, I'm pretty sure he can be charged with 1st degree murder under the felony murder rule, since federal swatting IS a felony.

In any event, he deserves a lot more than 15 months. He should get AT LEAST as much time as the guy who made the call (Barris).
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G2000 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Donald Trump sending hastily incredibly mixed messages, with little thought into how they can damage the countries reputation? Who would have thought!

It's fine if Trump thinks this, or anything regarding Iran or whatever. But keep it internal and just don't post that poop online.
It's an old tweet from 2014, not right now. The point is to juxtapose his views from a few years back with his policies as President

During his campaign Trump did espouse some pretty strong anti-Saudi rhetoric - accusing them of buying influence in the US and of supporting Sunni terrorist groups, both of which are fairly well documented - and that was one of the reasons I supported him. It was fairly disappointing when he got into office and did a complete 180 on Saudi Arabia and was suddenly all for more arms sales and such

In any case I don't think he's going to authorize a US strike on Iran right now for a number of reasons, but he may very well choose to support a Saudi strike on Iran with American intelligence and targeting information (which was evidently one of the options presented to him)
I see, whoops, I didn't see the date. Def agreed about everyone's sentiments about reliance on the Saudi's oil being ridiculous.

Added in 2 minutes 53 seconds:
KManX89 wrote:A guy who plotted a major swatting incident that took another man's life (Casey Viner) gets 15 months and a 2 year ban on gaming.

He basically gets a slap on the wrist for murdering a guy, WTF? And he's not allowed to game for 2 years, yeah HTF are they gonna enforce that?

Utter BS, especially when the guy who made the call (Tyler Barris) got 20 years. And BTW, federal swatting resulting in death can carry up to a life sentence, so 15 months is letting him off way too lightly. Hell, I'm pretty sure he can be charged with 1st degree murder under the felony murder rule, since federal swatting IS a felony.

In any event, he deserves a lot more than 15 months. He should get AT LEAST as much time as the guy who made the call (Barris).
Apparently, it's more being barred from online games, or where he could communicate with people or do the swatting. Also appears that he didn't make the call, the guy who actually called got 20 years.

100% agreed its a slap on the wrist and more serious punishments should be taken. I don't get why people think this is funny, and even if you don't wind up killing someone, you're wasting gov resources and time, and traumatizing people.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KManX89 wrote:A guy who plotted a major swatting incident that took another man's life (Casey Viner) gets 15 months and a 2 year ban on gaming.

You can't give these guys a slap on the wrist, they'll just do it again. Another guy who got a non-gamer killed by swating him said "not my problem" and ended up getting access to the net in prison and taunted everyone. People who swat are fucking lunatics.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Matango Taste
Ronin

Post by Matango Taste »

Is this real and should we be worried?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... ledges.amp

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Matango Taste wrote:Is this real and should we be worried?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... ledges.amp
The videos have been out for a while now, they're real; whether they actually show some sort of extraterrestrial or supernatural phenomena is another matter

IIRC the expressed opinion of several of the pilots who recorded these videos is that it's some sort of advanced, classified drone created by the US or some foreign power, which would have some precedent (many UFO sightings in the 20th century have been revealed to be sightings of then-classified planes like the U-2, SR-71, F-117, etc.)
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

That Faux News article doesn't link to the videos in question. This one does. In the second video, the USAF pilot clearly believes the object is a drone.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Japan has a relatively good relationship with Iran, and will most likely remain completely politically neutral between any conflict between the United States and Iran. It doesn't mean one thing one way or another.

And yeah the UFO stuff is cool but most likely just drones. Also IIRC, that footage has been out for a long time.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matango Taste
Ronin

Post by Matango Taste »

So no aliens? Good, what a relief

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Honestly we could use some aliens now.

Matango Taste
Ronin

Post by Matango Taste »

Aliens would send me into a full blown panic attack

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Matango Taste wrote:Aliens would send me into a full blown panic attack
Why? Unless it's for some cultural reason, they have no logical reason to invade. Our resources are abundant across the universe, possibly save for life itself, and in that case they're not likely to want to kill us. If they have the technology to get here, they sure as heck don't need us for slave labor. If they're afraid of us, the same tech that would get them here could power weapons that could one-shot us, so they aren't going to come in Mars Attacks style unless it's for some cultural reason. There just doesn't seem to be much reason to fear them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I mean if they so chose they could likely wipe us out and there's no guarantee that they'd be peaceful or "logical"

In any case there are far more pressing, down-to-earth problems to get worked up over, like the growing possibility of full-scale regional war in the Middle East or worsening hurricane seasons or what have you

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

If they wanted to kill us, they could fire a single missile at us and accelerate it to or near the speed of light; we have to assume they have that capability if they're flying here. That one missile, moving at that speed, wouldn't need a warhead to completely devastate Earth's surface. But yes, you're right that there's no reason to assume they'd adhere to our notions of logic. UFOs certainly don't.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

JAGzilla wrote:
Matango Taste wrote:Aliens would send me into a full blown panic attack
Why? Unless it's for some cultural reason, they have no logical reason to invade. Our resources are abundant across the universe, possibly save for life itself, and in that case they're not likely to want to kill us. If they have the technology to get here, they sure as heck don't need us for slave labor. If they're afraid of us, the same tech that would get them here could power weapons that could one-shot us, so they aren't going to come in Mars Attacks style unless it's for some cultural reason. There just doesn't seem to be much reason to fear them.
What do you mean? The Xilliens need water and have fast crafts, the Mysterians need Earth Women, and the people of the black hole need a new planet to live on. And the Seatopians and Emperor and Antonio are probably pissed due to all the plastic and pollution in the ocean. We fucked boys.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.