The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-5)

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Did anyone else see ''Jurassic World Battle at Big Rock'' on FX just now?

For an 8 minutes short that was awesome as hell, that's exactly what I wanted from Fallen Kingdom!
Now I am even more hyped for Jurassic World 3. The Allosaurus was just beautiful... and the credits were great showing all the Dinosaur's around civilization. Compies are chasing a little girl... Mososaurus attacking a Great White that's eating a seal.

Good shit.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I just saw it, it was surprisingly good, very action packed - although there could've been more dino v dino action.
It definitely looked a lot better than I was expecting from such a short video.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Some good stuff I saw tonight at Big Rock. The scenes during the credits with vids of peoples' encounters with the dinos was a nice touch to boot. Reminded once again of some of the scenes early on in the Sayles 'JP4 script with the pteradons going after the kids at a softball game.
Last edited by The One and Only on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

I really liked it!
My only problem was the dino fight, or lack there of.
That male nasutoceratops should've wreck that allosaurus. But once again the herbivores are quickly pushed to the side.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

The Allosaurus was unreal. A good representation of the dinosaur.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Not a bad short. Got me hyped for JW3, though I felt it could have been a bit longer.

It also furthered my prediction that Allosaurus will be taking up the slack as "apex predator antagonist" in JW3 now that Rexy's becoming more heroic and is limited to one while there's more Allos.

RIP Evan.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Just watched it again. Still love it, but I can't help but notice did that little girl fire off two bolts?
That's...umm talent.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I myself thought that the short was solid...until the end credits...
XxComablack1937xX wrote: and the credits were great showing all the Dinosaur's around civilization. Compies are chasing a little girl... Mososaurus attacking a Great White that's eating a seal.

Good poop.
This reminded me of my main problem with JW:FK's end. How are we supposed to beleive that the government is just going to willy nilly let the dinosaurs roam around without them getting wiped out? If cloning is widespread, then wouldn't that mean that the endangered speices thing hinted in JW:FK be rendered mute? Not only that, but with so many dead kids coming about from this, it would only be a matter of time before the government renounces that status anyway.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

^^^Yeah, you'd think they would at least contain the allosaurus for public safety. On top of that why would anyone want to go camping when there's a freaking large carnivorous dinosaur roaming the forest?!
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

ScootaVaran wrote:^^^Yeah, you'd think they would at least contain the allosaurus for public safety. On top of that why would anyone want to go camping when there's a freaking large carnivorous dinosaur roaming the forest?!
The first thing the parents say upon seeing the Nasutoceratops is "how'd they get this far up north?" or something like that, implying that Big Rock National Park was assumed to be out of the escaped dinos range. The Allosaurus probably followed the herd as well.

As for the whole "GOVERMENT COULD JUST BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF THEM" arguments, without getting into a long debate, I think the current mess dealing with non-supersized invasive species makes the whole situatuon not TOO far out of logical reasoning

RIP Evan.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Man, I mean I enjoy both of the JW movies and all, but that short managed to portray suspense, terror, and adrenaline inducing excitement better than either of its feature length cousins. The dinosaurs, whilst still having a sense of that, “they’re still genetically engineered creatures”, felt a lot more like living and breathing animals just trying to survive and following the rules of nature. Plus, the whole prospect of them treating encountering a dinosaur like that of a bear, cougar, or any other animal was just cool. And, the acting itself was great from all of the actors involved; I really felt the cautious awe and outright terror from them.

I really liked it. It was short, sweet, and sprinkled little crumbs of how JW3 may end up being like.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

It was definitely much better than it had any right being. Helps with the wait for 3 and gave a nice little view into impact of FK's ending.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Solid stuff, but there is no goddamn way the mother Triceratops is just gonna stand there and let Allosaurus take a lunge at her baby.

Has anyone SEEN the way hippos/rhinos/bears behave around their young? They fuck up anything that even looks at the baby the wrong way.
Last edited by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Ayyyyyyy they gave Allosaurus proper wrists

SoggyNoodles2016

2004Zilla wrote:Ayyyyyyy they gave Allosaurus proper wrists
that still shocked me to actually see in a JP franchise film lmao

Added in 42 seconds:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Solid stuff, but there is no goddamn way the mother Triceratops is just gonna stand there and let Allosaurus take a lunge at her baby.

Has anyone SEEN the way hippos/rhinos/bears behave around their young? They skreeonk up anything that even looks at the baby the wrong way.
She immediately started ramming him after that so I doubt she did

Also, don't want to be that guy, but it's NASUTOceratops, not the Trike

RIP Evan.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Awesome! Very horror filled and a good foreshadow of what JW3 will be like. Kinda wish we could've gotten some more Nasuto action, but i liked it overall.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I wonder if Battle at Big Rock will be a special feature in JWIII's home media release.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

So what is the authorities stance on the dinos, is it wait and see, only stepping in when they attack people? Or are they trying to track them and warn people ahead of time or capture them?

SoggyNoodles2016

Living Corpse wrote:So what is the authorities stance on the dinos, is it wait and see, only stepping in when they attack people? Or are they trying to track them and warn people ahead of time or capture them?
second time around watching, I caught the parents mentioning protocol "the rangers" told them if they encountered a dinosaur. So, it seems to be leaving them alone for now/containing them

RIP Evan.