Zone Fighter DVD?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
cheshire22
Ronin

Re: Zone Fighter DVD?

Post by cheshire22 »

Has this subtitle process been completed? If so, would somebody PM me the link(s)?

Thanx!!
Last edited by cheshire22 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image

Insert this side into recorder ^ Do not touch the tape inside

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

cheshire22 wrote:Has this subtitle process been completed? If so, would somebody PM me the link(s)?

Thanx!!
I wish. It is maddeningly slow, because my translator is often-busy. About 9 episodes left to go...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

i would NEVER buy a bootleg
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Good for you I guess? Thanks for sharing.

I'd be very interested in finally seeing a sub of this, I've got the Godzilla episodes on DvD and always wanted to know what was going on
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:i would NEVER buy a bootleg
Then you will NEVER see this series with subs.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:i would NEVER buy a bootleg

cheshire22
Ronin

Post by cheshire22 »

MM Raids Again, please tell me your sig is a Sherlock reference.
Resized Image

Insert this side into recorder ^ Do not touch the tape inside

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I'd love to see this series get any kind of official release here in the US. It would be worth it for the Godzilla/Gigan/Ghidorah appearances alone.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Chrispy_G wrote:I'd love to see this series get any kind of official release here in the US. It would be worth it for the Godzilla/Gigan/Ghidorah appearances alone.
Literally the only reason people care about Zone Fighter

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Godzillian wrote:
Chrispy_G wrote:I'd love to see this series get any kind of official release here in the US. It would be worth it for the Godzilla/Gigan/Ghidorah appearances alone.
Literally the only reason people care about Zone Fighter

Pffffsh. You only say that because...

...It's true. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Well to be fair, the first bootlegs I saw going around in the mid 90's were just the 5 episodes with Godzilla. Seeing King Ghidora in the closing credits made my friends and I all wonder what kind of other crazy Toho monsters might be in this series, how many episodes are there over all etc..

After seeing the whole series years later, of course I know now, but honestly, many of the non Godzilla episodes are as good as any episode from an Ultraman series. Heck I have Jumborg Ace, and supported the US releases of Red Baron and Iron King. They are all sort of cookie-cutter monster action, but still fun in their own right.
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

I'd love to see the series but all I ever find are the Japanese ones with no Subs.

Hopefully the fan-subs come out eventually.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'd love to see the series but all I ever find are the Japanese ones with no Subs.

Sorry, I am working on it. :) All but 9 episodes are finished now, and even those nine have subs that are watchable- just could stand improvement. (Which I hope to get soon, I'm just stuck waiting on one translator that goes a couple weeks between communications.)

Maranatha!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

o.supreme wrote:Well to be fair, the first bootlegs I saw going around in the mid 90's were just the 5 episodes with Godzilla
Was the final episode the Zondora one? If so, I own the very same bootleg
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Stump Feet wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Well to be fair, the first bootlegs I saw going around in the mid 90's were just the 5 episodes with Godzilla
I had a boot VHS with all of the Godzilla episodes in the late ‘90s, but none were subtitled. Maybe we all had the same thing?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Goji wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:
I had a boot VHS with all of the Godzilla episodes in the late ‘90s, but none were subtitled. Maybe we all had the same thing?
Yeah, the copy I have comes with all the Godzilla episodes, the Ghidorah one, and the final episode is about a monster with a big drill for a head and none of it is subtitled.

I think the odds are likely we all had the same thing, just too bad I’m the only one who still has his or we could cross check.
Long Live The Sting

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Zarm wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I'd love to see the series but all I ever find are the Japanese ones with no Subs.

Sorry, I am working on it. :) All but 9 episodes are finished now, and even those nine have subs that are watchable- just could stand improvement. (Which I hope to get soon, I'm just stuck waiting on one translator that goes a couple weeks between communications.)
that's fantastic news. I didn't know anyone was working on it.

Is there a twitter feed or site I should bookmark so I know when they're finished and available?

Thanks.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

PMed. Anyone else interest is welcome to send me a PM, btw! There is indeed a social media group that I can add you to for updates.

Maranatha!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Stump Feet wrote:
They were in chronological order. Episodes: #4, #11 (Gigan), #15, #21, and #25

It did not have the Ghidora2-parter, or any other episodes. Just the 5 with Godzilla. The first Episode had a solid beginning. Gigan in the next. The 3rd had just the drill monster(kind of boring) the fourth had two monsters, one that replicated from the other, but the last one #25, that was bad-ass! It had like 5 monsters, Zone Fighter shoots his Gatling missile point-blank into another monster, Godzilla is great. For the longest time I thought it was the show finale, until I got the whole series, and saw there was one more episode afterward.
Last edited by o.supreme on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

So, this translation is finished and out there on the web, too. Anyone interested, feel free to PM me; Zone Fighter is fully subtitled, now!

Maranatha!