Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

That GvK ends up as another underwhelming entry filled with missed potential.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:That GvK ends up as another underwhelming entry filled with missed potential.
Really? I didn't think K:SI or KOTM was underwhelming at all, but to each their own I guess.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gooblamon wrote:Nah, if this is the end of the Monsterverse (and it looks like it will be), give the fans an epic conclusion, something they've never seen before - the teaming up of Godzilla and Kong.
Kong n Godzilla just shredding through Kaiju left and right, taking out MechaG, and going their separate ways.
This. I don't want the Godzillaverse to end with GvK, but considering how things are looking that way, Legendary might as well do this. Have MG kill off many of the titans, trash Kong's home, and let Godzilla and Kong destroy it and once and for all to permanently restore balance.

jrock
GPN Volunteer

Post by jrock »

Just don't kill Godzilla. I have this horrible feeling they are in fact going to just that... I hope to God they don't.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I fear since to the GA they're the heroes to them that they'll copy Batman vs. Superman and Civil War with a team up rather then the movie being about their fight since the latter might otherwise not have the movie do as well. Because apparently GA is too used to old concepts being used rather then something new, original and unique.

And I fear the whole One Will Fall is some heroic sacrifice.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

That King Kong WON'T wear a necklace made from chains and Skullcralwer skulls.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I fear since to the GA they're the heroes to them that they'll copy Batman vs. Superman and Civil War with a team up rather then the movie being about their fight since the latter might otherwise not have the movie do as well. Because apparently GA is too used to old concepts being used rather then something new, original and unique.

And I fear the whole One Will Fall is some heroic sacrifice.
Nah,the aren't gonna die...or at least not yet anyway. If the MonsterVerse continues i can see it happening but it feels way to soon for the "hero sacrifices himself" trope to be used.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

King Ghidorah's severed head will be shoehorned into the movie in some way instead of building him up for a Monsterverse phase ending payoff. (Also it will permanently kill off KG instead of keeping him around for the "Final Boss" role I really want for him)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

tyrantgoji wrote:Nah,the aren't gonna die...or at least not yet anyway. If the MonsterVerse continues i can see it happening but it feels way to soon for the "hero sacrifices himself" trope to be used.
Neither of them don't even have to die anyways. Just still have the movie about their fight and with a clear winner.

Still I'm dreading this for the reasons I stated what the GA would rather that's already been done before copy-pasting those two movies I mentioned.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:That GvK ends up as another underwhelming entry filled with missed potential.
GuardianGhido wrote:King Ghidorah's severed head will be shoehorned into the movie in some way instead of building him up for a Monsterverse phase ending payoff. (Also it will permanently kill off KG instead of keeping him around for the "Final Boss" role I really want for him)
These two are my main issues. I'm concerned that they have done far more than they needed to with Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and much of the same will be done with Godzilla vs. Kong. I feel like they used up all the momentum the MonsterVerse had in just one film. Using big names like Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah, but failing to do so effectively. The references begin to feel truly stale with subsequent viewings, leaving a very rapid paced movie with too much going on.

Godzilla vs. Kong will need to stand on its own as a sequel to 2014's Godzilla and 2017's Kong: Skull Island, keeping things tame and relatively grounded in order to keep itself away from the identity of this previous entry. They're using everything too fast for their own good. Some would argue that it's best to do what you can with the property before contracts expire, or sequels don't perform well in the box office, but less is more sometimes. I feel that this is a case of that. Sequels cannot perform if they are not competent. Cheesy action blockbusters are not the way to go for the future of the franchise. Using the Ghidorah head again so soon is probably the least appealing idea, but yet likely Legendary's plan.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G14 - Disaster Film
K:SI - Adventure film
KOTM - Big Action Blockbuster

Seems like a solid variation to me so far tbh.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

jrock wrote:Just don't kill Godzilla. I have this horrible feeling they are in fact going to just that... I hope to God they don't.
Yeah, i'm with you there.

Although, I don't mind if Godzilla is "defeated" and not killed. Taking him down a peg and removing his army of monsters raises the stakes for future movies.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

My concern is that it won’t be a good film. Wingard’s track record is less than stellar, and Rossio hasn’t written a good screenplay since Treasure Planet. I have this concern in the pit of my stomach that this is going to feel like a big-budget SciFi Channel Original Movie. I really hope I’m wrong.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LockBite wrote:My concern is that it won’t be a good film. Wingard’s track record is less than stellar, and Rossio hasn’t written a good screenplay since Treasure Planet. I have this concern in the pit of my stomach that this is going to feel like a big-budget SciFi Channel Original Movie. I really hope I’m wrong.
I honestly hope that Rossio looks at his past Godzilla work (the lost 94 script) and takes cues for this movie. You simply just can't mess up when your writing a film with two of the biggest stars in history.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

tyrantgoji wrote:You simply just can't mess up when your writing a film with two of the biggest stars in history.
Alien vs. Predator: Requiem
Freddy vs. Jason
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Fish Cakes wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:You simply just can't mess up when your writing a film with two of the biggest stars in history.
Freddy vs. Jason
I don’t think he meant “can’t” as in “it’s impossible to mess it up” but rather as “you can’t afford to mess it up.”

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Freddy vs. Jason
Yeah,all of those films are why i said that :lol: except FVJ. am i the only one who liked that movie?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

JesstrK wrote:I don’t think he meant “can’t” as in “it’s impossible to mess it up” but rather as “you can’t afford to mess it up.”
I know, just felt like reminding everyone what's at stake if they do.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:
Freddy vs. Jason
Yeah,all of those films are why i said that :lol: except FVJ. am i the only one who liked that movie?
Nah, FvJ is a cult classic.

It did what it set out to do.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

_JNavs_ wrote:Nah, FvJ is a cult classic.

It did what it set out to do.
Ah, was unaware. Not my kind of film. :p