Improve up to 3 kaiju.

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Improve up to 3 kaiju.

Post by BlankAccount »

Malchik wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Monsterverse King Ghidorah: Remove the man eating, food was never this things motivation.
Food wasn't a thing for him in the movie. His attention to killing humans illustrated him as being a malicious bastard. I loved seeing monsters finally eating people.
What do you mean "finally"? It's happen in all the Monstverse films. :?

G2014: FeMUTO kills some soldiers by eating them as revenge for her eggs while trying to get a nuke.
K:SI: Guy falls into Kong's mouth as a means of killing him. And Skullcrawlers.

We've had multiple monsters eat people in every movie so far, and ironically only one type, the Skullcralwers, did for food. Every other monster just did as a means of killing.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Varan: Use him again.
Baragon: Use him again.
Hedorah: Use him again.
Last edited by Fish Cakes on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Now those are some improvements I can get behind!
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Malchik wrote:If only that worked for Hindus of South Asia when the Muslim conquest kicked their asses.
I mean they have the lion's share of the subcontinent nowadays

Added in 5 minutes 40 seconds:
On-topic, when it comes to Varan isn't it interesting how many of his proposed revivals delve into the fantastical? In '95 they were going to make him a harbinger of the apocalypse, a hell-beast able to go one-on-one with Godzilla, while in the initial GMK drafts he was going to be a guardian monster with wind/weather based powers. If Varan does make a reappearance I sort of want those fantasy elements there
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

G2000 wrote:On-topic, when it comes to Varan isn't it interesting how many of his proposed revivals delve into the fantastical? In '95 they were going to make him a harbinger of the apocalypse, a hell-beast able to go one-on-one with Godzilla, while in the initial GMK drafts he was going to be a guardian monster with wind/weather based powers. If Varan does make a reappearance I sort of want those fantasy elements there
Well he was viewed as a deity by the people in the surrounding village in his debut, I think that may have been where the fantasy elements in later story ideas came from. I think those elements add to the character and I'd prefer to see those too, instead of just another large dinosaurian thing.
Last edited by Terasawa on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

I don't think anyone really knows what to do with Varan. I love the character but GMK was his one chance IMO. I with Toho had more faith in the script and kept Varan in the film.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I want a supernatural Varan that summons wind and rain storms when he appears :P

In the original he was accompanied by a freak wind storm so that's definitely where his weather abilities would have come from for GMK.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Malchik wrote:I don't think anyone really knows what to do with Varan. I love the character but GMK was his one chance IMO. I with Toho had more faith in the script and kept Varan in the film.
if Varan had any chance for anything,it was the 95 script where he was the God of Destruction/doomsday omen. then that went through the cracks and nothing ever really came up since.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Varan's greatest role was surprisingly in the Marc Cerasini novel Godzilla 2000. Really love what he did with Varan in that book.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Varan's greatest role was surprisingly in the Marc Cerasini novel Godzilla 2000. Really love what he did with Varan in that book.
Yeah the fight with the Raptor is easily my favorite fight in that novel. It's like what if we had a more grounded Super-X fight a monster besides Godzilla or any of the other big name A listers.

Added in 2 minutes 4 seconds:
Terasawa wrote:
G2000 wrote:On-topic, when it comes to Varan isn't it interesting how many of his proposed revivals delve into the fantastical? In '95 they were going to make him a harbinger of the apocalypse, a hell-beast able to go one-on-one with Godzilla, while in the initial GMK drafts he was going to be a guardian monster with wind/weather based powers. If Varan does make a reappearance I sort of want those fantasy elements there
Well he was viewed as a deity by the people in the surrounding village in his debut, I think that may have been where the fantasy elements in later story ideas came from. I think those elements add to the character and I'd prefer to see those too, instead of just another large dinosaurian thing.
His original movie seemed to have wind come up when he was around and the aforementioned novel they explained his flight and said wind.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Stump Feet wrote:Manda doesn't need flashy Heisei powers to make him cool, Manda's just fine the way he is.
Manda only existed as a plot device as something the Gotengo/Atragon can defeat and nothing else. He needs to be more then that. Even more so considering how powerful Far Eastern dragons are.
_JNavs_ wrote:His teeth could be filled with temp body-numbing paralysis venom.

Funny you mention this. In my drawing of a ying-lung version of Manda, I made it so that he had fangs in the back of his top jaw like a boomslang and the ability to shoot venom like a spitting corba.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Venom would be a god weapon.

To improve Gaira, make him part seaweed. Gaira would be an animal/plant hybrid. He would have seaweed incorporated into his flesh, and could control it mentally. With a thought, Gaira could send a seaweed vine to grab or strangle an enemy.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

That sounds a little too much, if we went with a partial seaweed ability, I'd prefer if it worked as regen and a method of multiplying.
Long Live The Sting

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

edgaguirus wrote:Venom would be a god weapon.

To improve Gaira, make him part seaweed. Gaira would be an animal/plant hybrid. He would have seaweed incorporated into his flesh, and could control it mentally. With a thought, Gaira could send a seaweed vine to grab or strangle an enemy.
Hmmm. The seaweed ability sounds interesting and terrifying for people. Gaira attacking ships near the coast and the people desperately swimming toward shore and they think they're gonna make it, when suddenly bundles of seaweed shoot up from the seafloor and keeps them wrapped in place. Gaira then takes his sweet time in picking them off one by one.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Manda doesn't need flashy Heisei powers to make him cool, Manda's just fine the way he is.
Manda only existed as a plot device as something the Gotengo/Atragon can defeat and nothing else. He needs to be more then that. Even more so considering how powerful Far Eastern dragons are.
Just use the CGI to make him slither on land fast. GFW squandered that chance by killing him in the first few minutes.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Living Corpse wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Just use the CGI to make him slither on land fast. GFW squandered that chance by killing him in the first few minutes.

But wouldn't that just make him a giant sea snake with legs and horns though? Seems a bit too mundane.

edgaguirus wrote:Venom would be a god weapon.
Indeed. Other then Spigas/Kumonga, I don't know of any other kaiju that has a toxic venomous bite.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Anguirus: give em an ankylo tail club

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Gamera: Stay with the Heisei origin for every new incarnation.
I truly believe the Heisei origin is what sets him apart from Godzilla; plus, the Magatama and Asian mythology surrounding those films is just beautiful. Even for a more family-friendly version, the Heisei origin keeps working perfectly.

Legion: Make the Queen more durable! I know, Gamera '96 was a tribute to the JSDF, but c'mon, that's what the little swarm is for! To make a threat to human-level conflict, while we have the Queen as the kaiju size threat that needs a kaiju to be defeated.

Hedorah: the alien origin is fine, but I believe if you make him a monster created by humans it could resonate a lot more for today's context.
Just imagine: Hedorah designed as a bio-weapon deployed by military forces on Middle-Eastern territories, it soon goes against their creators, going on a rampage and growing, absorbing pollutants while sending CO2 to the Atmosphere. That's a horrifying idea of a monster and is loyal to the ambientalist Showa message.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Hedorah was a bio weapon in the anime trilogy.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SpaceGodzilla: Make him less bulky so he can actually move.

Kiryu: Make him look more like the 54 Godzilla like some of his concept art

Anime Godzilla: Make him only 130 meters tall,make him less bulky and make him less overpowered.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!