ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Anyone else hope Ultraman looks like the Giant God Warrior? I know I do!
Any idea on whether or not they’lol give Ultraman an updated skin texture instead of makin* him look like a rubber suit?
Been done.

Ultraman the Next. Set out to do what Anno and crew are most likely out to do also: reinvent the character.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MM Raids Again wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Anyone else hope Ultraman looks like the Giant God Warrior? I know I do!
Any idea on whether or not they’lol give Ultraman an updated skin texture instead of makin* him look like a rubber suit?
Been done.

Ultraman the Next. Set out to do what Anno and crew are most likely out to do also: reinvent the character.
Whereas The Next gave Ultraman a Guyver-esque organic armor-like skin texture, anyone have ideas for what other routes they could take (besides the whole Ironman-type power suit from the Netflix anime)? I am guessing they will go the whole being of light approach and give him a more-photon-like skin texture.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Been done.

Whereas The Next gave Ultraman a Guyver-esque organic armor-like skin texture any ideas for what other routes they could take (besides the whole Ironman-type power suit from the Netflix anime)?i am guessing they will go the whole being of light approach.
I'm betting either making him completely out of energy or they make him out of some sort of liquid "liquid light" that can change basic shape like the T-1000. Both ideas are absolute trash, IMO.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Can we expect something grotesque? Or was that only done to Godzilla because of the whole *Nuked Lizard* thing.

He did Shin Goji and the AoT film right? Seems like grotesque is his cup of tea.. I dig it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:Can we expect something grotesque? Or was that only done to Godzilla because of the whole *Nuked Lizard* thing.

He did Shin Goji and the AoT film right? Seems like grotesque is his cup of tea.. I dig it.
I think they will try to avoid the whole grotesque route since he is a superhero.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The AoT films were bad, but that’s mainly because the original manga/anime were just difficult to adapt into big screen films. The actual fight at the end, between the two big titans is really cool and well done.

Ultraman will probably be completely normal. Maybe his personality, or whoever controls him will be darker and cynical, but I have no doubt we aren’t going to get some freakazoid. The monsters on the other hand...
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:The AoT films were bad, but that’s mainly because the original manga/anime were just difficult to adapt into big screen films. The actual fight at the end, between the two big titans is really cool and well done.
I bet it was difficult. Whenever you switch an old period piece with a post apocalyptic setting, things get difficult. That was a change that didn't even need to happen.

Quote of the Year:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I know it's not happening but it would definitely raise my intreasting if this was in the Shin Godzilla verse. Even if not we'll see them fight eventually as I doubt they'll pass on the Shin Ultraman x Shin Godzilla x Eva marketing.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What if they made Ultraman look something along the lines of this?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

LegendZilla wrote:What if they made Ultraman look something along the lines of this?
No thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Maritonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:What if they made Ultraman look something along the lines of this?
No thank you.
I was half expecting a response like that to be honest.

*edit*

How about this?

I say all we need is to swap a traditional Ultraman face on it and bingo.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

if the go literal with the "being of light" thing i could see something like that happening. prefer if he was a solid being though.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:if the go literal with the "being of light" thing i could see something like that happening. prefer if he was a solid being though.
Or maybe somewhere in between a light-being and solid being.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I'd just prefer something more akin to the traditional look, if this is going to be an adaptation of the original series. Not Dr. Manhattan.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Maritonic wrote:I'd just prefer something more akin to the traditional look, if this is going to be an adaptation of the original series. Not Dr. Manhattan.
Perhaps he could look like a regal knight in shining armor. his suit would reflect the sun's rays so well that he just looks like the most godliest being the world has ever seen. then the monsters could be the "scary dragons" that the knight would have to challenge in a fight,naturally looking horrifying to the eyes . which makes it all the more satisfying when Ultraman slices them in half.
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I'd just prefer something more akin to the traditional look, if this is going to be an adaptation of the original series. Not Dr. Manhattan.
Perhaps he could look like a regal knight in shining armor. his suit would reflect the sun's rays so well that he just looks like the most godliest being the world has ever seen. then the monsters could be the "scary dragons" that the knight would have to challenge in a fight,naturally looking horrifying to the eyes . which makes it all the more satisfying when Ultraman slices them in half.
I would very much prefer if they avoided the whole "armored" look that is all too-common when trying to redesign the character.

ray243
Monarch Researcher

Post by ray243 »

LegendZilla wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Been done.

Whereas The Next gave Ultraman a Guyver-esque organic armor-like skin texture, anyone have ideas for what other routes they could take (besides the whole Ironman-type power suit from the Netflix anime)? I am guessing they will go the whole being of light approach and give him a more-photon-like skin texture.
He could look something like this:

Last edited by ray243 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

He could literally just look the original Ultraman. We don’t know yet.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Shin Ultraman.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LamangoKaijura wrote:https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png
Shin Ultraman.