Improve up to 3 kaiju.

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Improve up to 3 kaiju.

Post by Rhedosaurus »

1. Manda: Make him a ying-lung, the final winged form of the Chinese Dragon. He would live in Lake Tianchi, a lake on the border of China and North Korea. (It used to be known as Dragon Lake before Mao and his forces took over China). He powers include the traditional fire breath (for over a mile) the ability to fly and to tuck in his wings when underwater, and the ability to shoot venom like a spitting cobra. The ability to shoot a powerful stream of water from his mouth for a mile. (Inspired by the French water dragon, garguliloue.)

2. Spacegodzilla: Mind control over lesser kaiju (Kumungoa, Ebriah, Kamacurus, etc.) as well as humans to do his dirty work for him. The abilty to cover his arms with space crystals to be used as punching daggers. If anybody has heard of the katar, the punching dagger from India, then this would be Spacegodzilla's version on it. The ability to regain health by draining brainwaves from healthy people and lesser kaiju until they are braindead.

3. Kiryu: Make him FAR more durable, give him a fusion generator so he won't run out of battery power, make him the younger brother of Godzilla, make him go outright rouge and join his brother, the ability to repair himself via nanomachines and magnetics to reattach limbs and use steel scraps from destroyed buildings, cars, etc to heal openings in his armor.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Improve up to 3 kaiju.

Post by edgaguirus »

I'd give Kumonga the ability to cast off hair like a tarantula. However, Kumonga's hairs would be like needles, piercing flesh, or eyes if well aimed.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

1) Megalon = Make him look more like a beetle rather than just a humanoid creature with a bug head. Six limbs would help. Letting him actually use his wings would help. Keep the firebomb attacks and the drillbits just to give him more flare. It really disappoints me that we got Kumonga, which looks like a spider, and then we got this thing that looks more like a Power Ranger villain. Also, from a characterization standpoint, it makes Megalon look like a bumbling oaf when he needs a robot to point him the right direction of where to smash things, and when he loses that robot, he just goes haywire. Why diverge from "monster appears, monster goes after city and smashes stuff". And Megalon is supposed to be a worshipped god. It really kind of diminishes that when he can't even attack a city without a flying robot to lead the way.

2) Gabara = To be fair, this one does look like something a kid would come up with, so it fit the movie...I guess. But Gabara's appearance was always ludicrous to me, even by kaiju movie standards. Instead of making him blue, why not make him like something to fit better with the cat like features like orange with black stripes like a tiger...okay nevermind, then he'd just look like Tigger. Okay, but at the very least, could you give him a tail? Or make him less of an eyesore with a color like grey or something?

3) Minilla = Make him look like Godzilla. Plain and simple. Look at the Baby Godzilla design in 1993. Something closer to that would be ideal.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Wait why make Manda a Chinese dragon? He's supposed to be a Japanese dragon – only three toes as opposed to five.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Monsterverse King Ghidorah: Remove the man eating, food was never this things motivation. Have him switch back and forth between walking on two legs like a man and wing walking, standing upright on two legs and standing on wings.

Three heads is three monsters so I'm done. ;)

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Gorgo - include him to the World of Godzilla Universe and give him a weapon for distance battles. Maybe a hot steam ray.
Varan - make him just a little bit taller and give him the screentime he deserves as one of the original kaiju of the 1950s.
Gorosaurus - the design is perfect but he should have his own scream. The one he uses in the showa films was Baragons scream and Baragon was first (1965)
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Space Godzilla - Give him thinner thighs and a cooler name.

King Caesar - Less derpy face

Titanosaurus - Remove the laugh.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

The only time King Caesar has a derpy face is in GFW...
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Wait why make Manda a Chinese dragon? He's supposed to be a Japanese dragon – only three toes as opposed to five.
From what I've read, Chinese dragons have far more powers then Japanese dragons. I'm just sick of Manda having no real powers of his own and what him to be a truely formidable kaiju, which explains the change.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Manda doesn't need flashy Heisei powers to make him cool, Manda's just fine the way he is.
Long Live The Sting

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

It'd be cool if Manda's scales can compact themselves into a near indestructible golden hue'd armor. That way he can go right through a beam spam and bite the neck of his opponent.

His teeth could be filled with temp body-numbing paralysis venom.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Mothra: There is nothing threatening about a giant moth. 'Gets its ass kicked in almost every film.
Living Corpse wrote:Monsterverse King Ghidorah: Remove the man eating, food was never this things motivation.
Food wasn't a thing for him in the movie. His attention to killing humans illustrated him as being a malicious bastard. I loved seeing monsters finally eating people.
Last edited by Malchik on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Malchik wrote:Mothra: There is nothing threatening about a giant moth. 'Gets its ass kicked in almost every film.
And yet still wins through her cycle of life, death, and birth....
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Malchik wrote:Mothra: There is nothing threatening about a giant moth. 'Gets its ass kicked in almost every film.
Tell that to Godzilla, Gigan, Death Ghidorah, Dagarah, Grand King Ghidorah, and Rodan…
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Mothra is not just a giant moth, though.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Terasawa wrote:Mothra is not just a giant moth, though.
It’s almost as if they don’t pay attention to her movies…
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Even if she was. If I saw a moth any larger than a cat, I'd shit myself lol. A moth HER size is absolutely threatening and terrifying.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Maritonic wrote:Even if she was. If I saw a moth any larger than a cat, I'd shit myself lol. A moth HER size is absolutely threatening and terrifying.
Haven’t you ever seen Night of the Lepus? Anything that big is horrifying.

Hell I toss and turn in my sleep just thinking about whales :freak:
Long Live The Sting

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:Even if she was. If I saw a moth any larger than a cat, I'd shit myself lol. A moth HER size is absolutely threatening and terrifying.
Won't somebody please thing of the giant sweaters???!!!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Maritonic wrote:
And yet still wins through her cycle of life, death, and birth....
If only that worked for Hindus of South Asia when the Muslim conquest kicked their asses.