New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Ultragodzillafan
Samurai

Re: New member introductions!

Post by Ultragodzillafan »

Been browsing this site and reading the K.W.C for years, so I figured it’s about time I register.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Ultragodzillafan wrote:Been browsing this site and reading the K.W.C for years, so I figured it’s about time I register.
Welcome! :)
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Defeat is No Option
Ronin

Post by Defeat is No Option »

Afternoon! So I've been a member here for a few months, but to be honest, I've struggled with the thought of investing my time in a forum, because I love conversations, and I know it can really consume your time if it's not well-managed. However, work has been slow lately, so I figured why not at least introduce myself and poke my head around here and there.

That said, I've been a Godzilla fan for nearly 25 years now. It ebbed and flowed for a while, but thanks to my son, the passion has been reignited, and I haven't looked back since. I actually started up a blog series last fall, combining my love for kaiju eiga with theology and biblical studies. Haven't had a lot of luck with garnering traffic (not really the most popular topic), but who knows. Maybe someone here might enjoy it.

http://thekaijuapostle.com
My podcast: https://thekaijuapostle.com
Where Godzilla and theology meet
Not as good of a combination as peanut butter and jelly...but it's palatable!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Defeat is No Option wrote:Afternoon! So I've been a member here for a few months, but to be honest, I've struggled with the thought of investing my time in a forum, because I love conversations, and I know it can really consume your time if it's not well-managed. However, work has been slow lately, so I figured why not at least introduce myself and poke my head around here and there.

That said, I've been a Godzilla fan for nearly 25 years now. It ebbed and flowed for a while, but thanks to my son, the passion has been reignited, and I haven't looked back since. I actually started up a blog series last fall, combining my love for kaiju eiga with theology and biblical studies. Haven't had a lot of luck with garnering traffic (not really the most popular topic), but who knows. Maybe someone here might enjoy it.

i'll try to get around to your series eventually, and welcome to the forum!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Defeat is No Option wrote:Afternoon! So I've been a member here for a few months, but to be honest, I've struggled with the thought of investing my time in a forum, because I love conversations, and I know it can really consume your time if it's not well-managed. However, work has been slow lately, so I figured why not at least introduce myself and poke my head around here and there.

Welcome! Love the username and icon. Will have to give your blog a read!

RIP Evan.

Defeat is No Option
Ronin

Post by Defeat is No Option »

tyrantgoji wrote:

i'll try to get around to your series eventually, and welcome to the forum!
Thank you! It's been slow at work lately, so I may have some time after all...

Added in 43 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Welcome! Love the username and icon. Will have to give your blog a read!
Thank you! I had to throw in some Homestar Runner into the mix. It's weird to say a Flash cartoon helped make me the person I am now but...oh well.
My podcast: https://thekaijuapostle.com
Where Godzilla and theology meet
Not as good of a combination as peanut butter and jelly...but it's palatable!

Kerwell
Ronin

Post by Kerwell »

Been lurking here for awhile, So hello!

SoggyNoodles2016

Kerwell wrote:Been lurking here for awhile, So hello!
hola! welcome to TK.

RIP Evan.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Welcome to TK, Kerwell!

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Hi all
Fairly new Godzilla fan here from the UK!
First Godzilla movie for me was the horrible American version from 96 I think then saw 54 and loved it.
Big fan of monsterverse but also to toho films.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

nekromantik wrote:Hi all
First Godzilla movie for me was the horrible American version from 96 I think then saw 54 and loved it.
Possibly a fan of 80's German exploitation films, too?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Maritonic wrote:
Well generally horror fan! Love the 80s and 70s horror and exploitation. :evil:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

nekromantik wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Ahh, was assuming your name was a reference to the film Necromantik.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Maritonic wrote:
nekromantik wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Spelt differently but yeah thats where idea came from haha

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

nekromantik wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
nekromantik wrote:
And we all know Necromantik director Jörg Buttgereit is a kaiju fan! I even remember seeing him at one of the early G-Fests (probably back when it was still called G-Con).
Last edited by eabaker on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

eabaker wrote:
nekromantik wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
And we all know Necromantik director Jörg Buttgereit is a kaiju fan! I even remember seeing him at one of the early G-Fests (probably back when it was still called G-Con).
didnt know that 8-)

feel free to add me Insta https://www.instagram.com/xenom0rph85/
Its not 100% kaiju related but general movies and tech but just posted pictures of my new NECA Godzilla!
Last edited by nekromantik on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Hi, I joined because I want more people to talk to about monsters and stuff. Hope everyone here is doing lovely. uwu
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

SoggyNoodles2016

Fish Cakes wrote:Hi, I joined because I want more people to talk to about monsters and stuff. Hope everyone here is doing lovely. uwu
a warm welcome to both of you!

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Fish Cakes wrote:Hi, I joined because I want more people to talk to about monsters and stuff. Hope everyone here is doing lovely. uwu
Whoa, whoa................. UWU?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

ye, why? uwu
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."