Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Mill Creek releasing "Mothra"

Post by Pkmatrix »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Oh thank the gods:

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/72310/mothra.html
Yay! Can't wait for this to arrive. ^_^

Infinite Hollywood
Ronin

Post by Infinite Hollywood »

I should probably get around to ordering this, but I feel like it's one I'd rarely pop in. But I bet it looks gorgeous.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

So has Amazon shipped anyone's order yet? They haven't even charged me for mine yet.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Mine will be here today (Tuesday).
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:So has Amazon shipped anyone's order yet? They haven't even charged me for mine yet.
Yup. Mine shipped yesterday and should be arriving today.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Mine's arriving today as well.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Then what the fuck Amazon?!

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Yep, mine's listed as out for delivery as well it should be here today. :)

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time with Amazon. I should have went with someone competent like I originally wanted to.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time with Amazon. I should have went with someone competent like I originally wanted to.
I wouldn't say Amazon is incompetent if everyone else here is having no problem getting theirs today. Have you reached out to customer support to find out what the problem is?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I had a few bad experiences with shipping times on Amazon preorders before I got Prime. Worst was Kong: Skull Island; I wound up just cancelling my order and going to Target or someplace in the end. I've gotten Prime since then and my copy of Mothra is currently out for delivery.

My guess is they process and ship Prime orders first, on account of the faster shipping and occasional upgrades to release date delivery. Something having a lot of preorders probably makes it worse. They might also handle non-Prime orders that sprang for faster shipping first as well; I only ever got the standard option before I got Prime. I don't know any of this for sure though, nor what shipping speed you went with.
Last edited by omgitsgodzilla on Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Here it is, fresh from Amazon!

I have yet to actually watch it, of course, but the packaging presentation looks pretty great! You can see there's a slipcover over the steelbook for additional imagery.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I love that extra slipcover (way better than the usual J-card since you can actually keep it)! Mine should be arriving Thursday.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Got mine today too and I'm looking forward to it. I thought the review on the main site was pretty unfair to it considering that most FX-heavy films from 1961 aren't going to look like they were made yesterday. For example, the number of scratches in certain FX scenes are going to be there unless some company wanted to digitally erase them, which would be a sin anyway. It's just a flaw of the compositing method that Tsuburaya's crew had to use back then.

The packaging is really nice, too. This is my first SteelBook and I'm glad it doesn't look out of place with the rest of my standard Blu-ray cases. I did try to fire it up on my PC but like most recent Blu-rays VLC won't play it on my machine. None of the three methods I know work, which kind of pisses me off, but that's clearly not a deal breaker and it's a problem with my computer or VLC and not the disc.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Maritonic wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time with Amazon. I should have went with someone competent like I originally wanted to.
I wouldn't say Amazon is incompetent if everyone else here is having no problem getting theirs today. Have you reached out to customer support to find out what the problem is?
They charged me for it a little while ago with an arrival date of July 17-20.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I got mine from Amazon yesterday afternoon too! :D Great looking package, can't wait to sit and give it a watch. ^_^

Last edited by Pkmatrix on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Mine arrived yesterday, as well. The packaging is stunning. I really love the slipcase and the blue glare on Mothra's eyes. Really happy with this release, can't wait to sit and watch.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mothra-B ... 93/#Review

Good review from Bluray.com

Haven't had a chance to check out my copy yet, it will have to wait until after GFEST!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

What's with the scatnly clad Shobjin on the front cover? :lol:

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Terasawa wrote:Got mine today too and I'm looking forward to it. I thought the review on the main site was pretty unfair to it considering that most FX-heavy films from 1961 aren't going to look like they were made yesterday. For example, the number of scratches in certain FX scenes are going to be there unless some company wanted to digitally erase them, which would be a sin anyway. It's just a flaw of the compositing method that Tsuburaya's crew had to use back then.
Don't forget the plague of grain. It's as if Sony/Mill Creek don't realize that you're not supposed to be able to tell an almost 60-year-old movie wasn't shot on the Alexa. :roll:
Living Corpse wrote:What's with the scatnly clad Shobjin on the front cover? :lol:
That'll be Columbia's marketing trying to get asses in seats any way they can. There's a similarly embellished depiction of the Shobijin in the teaser.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon