GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Chaoticmadness
Monsterland Worker

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE DVD/Blu-ray from Echo Bridge

Post by Chaoticmadness »

No I completely understand I was just hoping for a double feature with godzilla vs biollante. It's one of the only godzilla movies hi haven't seen.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Sony are the ones distributing the double features. They have nothing to do with this release.
Last edited by Goji on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Chaoticmadness wrote:No I completely understand I was just hoping for a double feature with godzilla vs biollante. It's one of the only godzilla movies hi haven't seen.
Why can't you just buy "Biollante" by itself? Why are you hoping for a double feature?

Chaoticmadness
Monsterland Worker

Post by Chaoticmadness »

I just asked if there was one or not ? don't matter to me just trying to get two movies at once. Iv been looking for godzilla v biollante but no luck except online. Also, is it true space godzilla was created from biollante? I heard it from a few places

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

I think it's probably in your best interest to just stop posting.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Chaoticmadness wrote:Iv been looking for godzilla v biollante but no luck except online.
I saw a good dozen of them at FYE today.

Chaoticmadness
Monsterland Worker

Post by Chaoticmadness »

It's all good thanks

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

*edit* nvm, answered in another topic
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

djmajin
Samurai

Post by djmajin »

does a version of the DVD not blu ray exist with the commentary for this movie?

heck does a blu ray version exist with the commentary

I knew it was cut initially but dont know if it was ever added to second runs

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

Saw that Blu-Ray is back on shelves at Best Buy at a bargain price (7.99). It looks like the same features all made it over but no commentary track.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Crazy Jim Films wrote:Saw that Blu-Ray is back on shelves at Best Buy at a bargain price (7.99). It looks like the same features all made it over but no commentary track.
It's unfortunate we will never hear Ed's commentary for this
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

djmajin
Samurai

Post by djmajin »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Crazy Jim Films wrote:Saw that Blu-Ray is back on shelves at Best Buy at a bargain price (7.99). It looks like the same features all made it over but no commentary track.
Cant he just release it online as an audio file and companion Riff Trax style or something... i doubt that his opinions are tied up legally especially if they arent going to be used ever

I wish we had ones for all the godzilla movies

I love all the ones on the classic media releases

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

djmajin wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Cant he just release it online as an audio file and companion Riff Trax style or something... i doubt that his opinions are tied up legally especially if they arent going to be used ever

I wish we had ones for all the godzilla movies

I love all the ones on the classic media releases
Toho has to approve of it for the commentary to be released. It can be assumed either Toho took to long in the approval process and Echo Bridge just said "screw it, release it without the commentary" or Toho didn't approve of it at all. I'm sure he doesn't want to take any chances after what happened with Media Blasters and their unauthorized release of the Destroy All Monsters commentary.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

That's exactly what happened. The discs needed to be pressed by a certain date, and they simply couldn't wait for Toho anymore.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

djmajin wrote:Cant he just release it online as an audio file and companion Riff Trax style or something... i doubt that his opinions are tied up legally especially if they arent going to be used ever
You're assuming he owns the rights to the commentary track. They very likely ARE tied up legally.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Godzillian wrote: Toho has to approve of it for the commentary to be released. It can be assumed either Toho took to long in the approval process and Echo Bridge just said "screw it, release it without the commentary" or Toho didn't approve of it at all. I'm sure he doesn't want to take any chances after what happened with Media Blasters and their unauthorized release of the Destroy All Monsters commentary.
I don't know how the laws are set up in Japan, but if it's literally JUST audio of nothing other than Ed G's voice, and he simply releases it for free online, it shouldn't cause any problems, unless he specifically signed over the ownership of the track to Echo Bridge or something (although they should be able to do the same).
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Originally posted on August 21, 2013:
edgodzi wrote:
Crimson_Raptor wrote:
starsteam wrote:.. two other releases and yet they still haven't included the commentary. Wasted opportunities.
Amen, my brother from another mother. Why can't the guy who did them, release them on Youtube, or some place like that, since they were never used? Does it have something to do with the fact he was paid to do the commentary, but it was never approved by Toho to use for the DVD release , so now Echo Bridge would be the only one, legally, allowed to release their content on Youtube?
Since EB paid me for the commentary, it is their property. I'd love to make the commentary available, but that wouldn't be ethical for me to do.

Ed G.
There you go.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

edgodzi wrote:Since EB paid me for the commentary, it is their property. I'd love to make the commentary available, but that wouldn't be ethical for me to do.

Ed G.
That's what I thought! I knew we had covered this before. I know it's a long thread, but sometimes just reading through can help find the answers you're looking for. Pretty much everything has been addressed at this point.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

When Roses Attack: 25 Years of Godzilla vs. Biollante with Ed Godziszewski

Here's a great article that covers some of the details we might have heard in the Echo Bridge commentary.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Rody wrote:When Roses Attack: 25 Years of Godzilla vs. Biollante with Ed Godziszewski

Here's a great article that covers some of the details we might have heard in the Echo Bridge commentary.
An excellent read. Ed G is a true pioneer of Godzilla fandom in North America.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.