Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Gigantis »

Hokmuto wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Ryguy wrote:As long as the climax and main plot is just Godzilla fighting Kong with no teamups while not becoming too stupid and cheesy, fine. I don't mind more titans in the movie, but I don't want anything too stupid like Godzilla and Kong leading titans into battle like Captain America and Thanos. Or titans sitting back watching the fights like the citizens watching the final battle of Spiderman 3 which still hurts to watch to this day because of how dumb and cringe it is.

But I have a sneaking suspicion that this movie will have Spiderman 3 levels of cringe and ridiculousness in it. I don't know why, but I'm getting this bad feeling. Like I'm talking full-on emo Peter Parker and "stupid people portrayed by awful actors watching the fights" levels of cringe. I hope I'm wrong.
yeah i can kinda understand things like that. i'm expecting some cheesy things but to much of it could soil the film. same reason why a lotta people don't like Final Wars.

Come to think about it, wonder if some people got turned off from KOTM because they thought it was to cheesy.
My god....zilla. Sorry, I read that in a fortune cookie.

CRINGE 100
original comment deleted cause i was an idiot when i read this post :lol: so sorry for killing the joke!

yeah that was pretty stupid not gonna lie.
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla122
Ronin

Post by Godzilla122 »

SAYAKA wrote:
keizerkaiju wrote:Thanks, SAYAKA. I was skeptical at first but then I did my homework and it seems you're trustworthy indeed.
Just a couple of questions if possible. MechaGodzilla...is modeled after the Legendary Godzilla? Seems obvious but I'm curious nonetheless.
Any changes in Godzilla's design? Any other Toho kaijus?
The MG bit has me excited. Huge if true, as they say.
Godzilla's design follows kotm, with little change. Mg has some Godzilla characteristics, but the overall feeling is quite different.
After Kotm was released, I might try to draw it, just like the Titans I painted before.
I'm waiting.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla122 wrote:
SAYAKA wrote:
keizerkaiju wrote:Thanks, SAYAKA. I was skeptical at first but then I did my homework and it seems you're trustworthy indeed.
Just a couple of questions if possible. MechaGodzilla...is modeled after the Legendary Godzilla? Seems obvious but I'm curious nonetheless.
Any changes in Godzilla's design? Any other Toho kaijus?
The MG bit has me excited. Huge if true, as they say.
Godzilla's design follows kotm, with little change. Mg has some Godzilla characteristics, but the overall feeling is quite different.
After Kotm was released, I might try to draw it, just like the Titans I painted before.
I'm waiting.
You'll keep waiting.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

Ryguy wrote: I don't mind more titans in the movie, but I don't want anything too stupid like Godzilla and Kong leading titans into battle like Captain America and Thanos.
How is this any different than Ghidorah and Rodan vs Godzilla and Mothra? It’s already been established that titans pick and choose their Alpha and will follow them into battle. GvK is being set up as another battle of alpha titans as hinted in the credits of KotM. So it’s not unreasonable to see a similar thing play out on a larger scale now that all the titans are awake. Honestly don’t know what else the two would be fighting over if not the title as King over the other titans.

I also remember this forum reeeing about how cringe the bowing sequence was gonna be when the leaks came out and now it’s one of the most epic scenes in the franchise (imo). I doubt cringe is gonna be an issue here.

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

SaiyanRider54 wrote: I also remember this forum reeeing about how cringe the bowing sequence was gonna be when the leaks came out and now it’s one of the most epic scenes in the franchise (imo). I doubt cringe is gonna be an issue here.
This.

And I doubt that anyone who is overly concerned with avoiding cringe moments in the first place is even capable of producing highbrow content using sci-fi, fantasy and comic book tropes at all. I would love to see cringe-free examples of those genres if anyone can point them out.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

When it comes to whether Godzilla or Kong will win, consider the allegiance of the two in the 1962 original. Kong was a basically-decent creature that just wanted to be left alone, and Godzilla was a massive jerk that likes to destroy buildings; a more comical version of his previous two portrayals. Godzilla was the villain of this movie, and while Kong wasn’t a saint himself, the filmmakers clearly intended audiences to be on Team Ape.

This universe has a different paradigm going on. Kong is largely the same, but now Godzilla is much closer to a hero than a villain. We are reminded several times that he’s not in it for the humans so much as the balance of nature, but that just makes him MORE similar to Kong. I think we can expect Godzilla to lash out at humanity based on what’s conveyed in KOTM, but that’s exactly what Kong did when his Island was bombed. If Godzilla is to stay in character, there’s going to be some kind of limit to just how much carnage he chooses to cause- let’s remember the newspaper clipping about him keeping the Titans from killing people. So maybe Godzilla will be more villainous for GvK, but his own history as a character this time around makes it very unlikely, imo, that he will be the one we’re supposed to root against for the whole movie. All this is why I really don’t think Godzilla or Kong will be beaten and then that’s the end of the movie. They simply cannot make either one villainous enough for the role, not without it feeling awkward and against character. So there has to be some kind of greater threat, and I believe this is already hinted at by the “human conspiracy” mentioned in the synopsis.
Last edited by LockBite on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

LockBite wrote:When it comes to whether Godzilla or Kong will win, consider the allegiance of the two in the 1962 original. Kong was a basically-decent creature that just wanted to be left alone, and Godzilla was a massive jerk that likes to destroy buildings; a more comical version of his previous two portrayals. Godzilla was the villain of this movie, and while Kong wasn’t a saint himself, the filmmakers clearly intended audiences to be on Team Ape.

This universe has a different paradigm going on. Kong is largely the same, but now Godzilla is much closer to a hero to a villain. We are reminded several times that he’s not in it for the humans so much as the balance of nature, but that just makes him MORE similar to Kong. I think we can expect Godzilla to lash out at humanity based on what’s conveyed in KOTM, but that’s exactly what Kong did when his Island was bombed. If Godzilla is to stay in character, there’s going to be some kind of limit to just how much carnage he chooses to cause- let’s remember the newspaper clipping about him keeping the Titans from killing people. So maybe Godzilla will be more villainous for GvK, but his own history as a character this time around makes it very unlikely, imo, that he will be the one we’re supposed to root against for the whole movie. All this is why I really don’t think Godzilla or Kong will be beaten and then that’s the end of the movie. They simply cannot make either one villainous enough for the role, not without it feeling awkward and against character. So there has to be some kind of greater threat, and I believe this is already hinted at by the “human conspiracy” mentioned in the synopsis.
Agreed I strongly believe that there WILL be a team up. Not say there won't be a winner but at the end of the story both Godzilla and Kong will be seen as heroes or at the least on the same side.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

LockBite wrote:When it comes to whether Godzilla or Kong will win, consider the allegiance of the two in the 1962 original. Kong was a basically-decent creature that just wanted to be left alone, and Godzilla was a massive jerk that likes to destroy buildings; a more comical version of his previous two portrayals. Godzilla was the villain of this movie, and while Kong wasn’t a saint himself, the filmmakers clearly intended audiences to be on Team Ape.
Wait just a minute there. Godzilla didn't destroy much at all in King Kong vs. Godzilla. Kong did the most "rampaging" and fighting in the movie. Godzilla essentially walked around the rural, barely populated parts of Japan in a seemingly aimless fashion. The main thing he destroyed was a military base in the beginning, where they attacked him first. Other than that, Godzilla destroys a helicopter or two, if I recall correctly. They're flying in his face, after all. He destroys small countryside houses and Atami Castle in his fight with King Kong. I don't recall Godzilla destroying the train he barely noticed. Godzilla wasn't necessarily the big bad villain of the film. Kong is also mostly neutral, but had a scene in which he walked through a city, while Godzilla did not. Kong is the aggressor in their first fight, while Godzilla fires warning shots of his atomic breath, and Kong is brought to Godzilla in their second.

The second Godzilla is a more neutral creature than the first. Just doing his own thing, and not out solely to cause destruction. Not as much a massive jerk, in actuality.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote: Wait just a minute there. Godzilla didn't destroy much at all in King Kong vs. Godzilla. Kong did the most "rampaging" and fighting in the movie. Godzilla essentially walked around the rural, barely populated parts of Japan in a seemingly aimless fashion. y.
Well you go get knocked-out drunk and woken up with freaking TNT in the middle of the ocean, bet you'd rampage a little too ;-)

But, the key difference between the two? Kong tears up the countryside because, hey, he didn't want to be here anyway and what's he supposed to do now? Meanwhile, Godzilla emerges from an iceberg and immediately makes a B-line to the mainland. The implication here is that, left to his own devices, Kong isn't a threat to anyone, where as Godzilla actively seeks out civilization (or at least the coast of Japan).
Last edited by vibramrunner on Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

does anyone else think we will see a titans royal rumble? I have a feeling thats what we will see at skull island...

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Sonic wrote:does anyone else think we will see a titans royal rumble? I have a feeling thats what we will see at skull island...
Honestly, yes. I know it sounds crazy and all, but I really do see it. Godzilla has his army, Kong has his own and then clash. That’ll be, as Skarsgård has said, quite a “spectacle”. Not saying I want that, but I certainly don’t mind it
Long Live The King

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Hokmuto wrote:
Sonic wrote:does anyone else think we will see a titans royal rumble? I have a feeling thats what we will see at skull island...
Honestly, yes. I know it sounds crazy and all, but I really do see it. Godzilla has his army, Kong has his own and then clash. That’ll be, as Skarsgård has said, quite a “spectacle”. Not saying I want that, but I certainly don’t mind it
We don’t know if Kong has an army..

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Sonic wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
The Titans that converged in KSI could obey to him and therefore be his army.
Long Live The King

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Sonic wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
Yeah well we’re speculating. One of the common theories is that some of the monsters from KOTM will join Kong’s side
GO GO GOJI KUN

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

GoWhaleTours wrote:
Sonic wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: Honestly, yes. I know it sounds crazy and all, but I really do see it. Godzilla has his army, Kong has his own and then clash. That’ll be, as Skarsgård has said, quite a “spectacle”. Not saying I want that, but I certainly don’t mind it
Yeah well we’re speculating. One of the common theories is that some of the monsters from KOTM will join Kong’s side
This intrigues me very much.

Godzilla122
Ronin

Post by Godzilla122 »

Moth
Gotengo Officer

Post by Moth »

>Another fucking 'World Destroyer' leak.
>Another leak where Rodan gets his neck snapped by Kong
>All this, and it even goes against what other people said about the footage.
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN.
Last edited by Moth on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UUUUUUGHHHHHH.

When will these fakers learn?!

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN HOW TO MAKE GOOD LEAKS?!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

I do not understand people who do not like the idea of ​​an antagonist of Godzilla. This, in the end, fills one of the holes in the plot, and that is - "why did Godzilla, being a force of nature, not pay attention all this time to the main pests of the ecosystem — people?" In fact, Godzilla will treat people as competitors, as they have become the dominant species and have actually ousted him from his ecosystem, which of course will not appeal to the alpha predator. and Godzilla is definitely not the character who needs to be a full-fledged hero. he always had a pompous and naughty character
Last edited by Olzh26 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Olzh26 wrote:I do not understand people who do not like the idea of ​​an antagonist of Godzilla. This, after all, fills one of the holes in the plot, namely, that Godzilla, being a force of nature, has not paid attention to the main pests of the ecosystem, humans, all this time. In fact, Godzilla will treat people as competitors, as they have become the dominant species and in fact drove him out of his ecosystem, which of course will not appeal to the alpha predator.
Because it goes against his characterization that has been built up and feels like throwing a character under the bus for the sake of the plot.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?